Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 3:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « am i in remission? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   am i in remission?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: am i in remission?  (Read 263 times)
laurad
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

am i in remission?
« on: Jun 28th, 2005, 11:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone. I feel kind of guilty being here as I've been PF for 7 years now but have no idea why. I'm 37 and had my first CH at 16 - went through the usual crap of being told to relax and take a painkiller before finally found a sympathetic doctor and neurologist. I had classic episodic CH - same times every day for three months, then nothing until the next year. Then 7 years ago they just stopped and have not come back. Which is wonderful beyond words...but...I'm always waiting, especially at this time of year. Has anyone ever heard of them just stopping like that? Cos every July I'm waiting for the wicked witch in my right temple to get out her evil little ice pick again...
Great site by the way - I wish you lot had been around when I was going through the dark times.
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

Re: am i in remission?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 11:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had a 3 year break after being chronic for 10 years. One day I stopped getting them and as the months and years past I thought they were gone forever.

Hopefully you'll get another 7, don't jinx it Grin

Sean............................................
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29th, 2005, 1:27am »

Here's to your seven year remission becomming life-long relief from these things.   me&mb

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
laurad
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29th, 2005, 11:45pm »

I was kinda hoping they would be gone forever but I've been reading about people who get 10 years or more before they come back. I really don't want to admit it even to myself, but the reason I'm here is cause I've had an ominous little tingling in my right temple and eye for a week or so...just paranoid I hope! At least whenever (if) they come back I will be well prepared this time. I've even printed a whole lot of info ready to dash off to my doctor. The  amount of knowledge here is incredible - cannot tell you enough what a wonderful resource this really is. Here's to a pain free future for all of us!
IP Logged
duerrs
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 9:40pm »

is everyone always around june and july, i thiink i have had cycles in every month over the years but the last 4 years, they have been in june, july or august only, what's the deal with that?
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 4:09am »

Any of the few/short (1 to 3 mos.) breaks I've had in 10 years have come between July and Sept. - these are my best months for frequency/intensity even when they don't stop.

It isn't great during these months but each year I get to hope that they go quiet for a while (unfortunately 3 years straight now - if they don't break) but this time period is far superior for me than the pure hell of Oct. through June.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Topical
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 4:52am »

Welcome Laurad, I hope you are not getting them again. You will know if you are in remission. The return of pain is unmistakeable. I don't think I will ever be able to forget no matter how long they go away.  

IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 8:44pm »

Hi Laura, I hope you are in remission Grin

I've erroneusly thought twice (and posted twice) that my cycle was ending..... Both times I was wrong, but I sure hope you are having the first of many PF months.

Jose
IP Logged
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14th, 2005, 7:27am »

Hi Laura,

Hope you are in remission!! Hope you never get then again. Remain PF.

Paul
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss