Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 1:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « GOD, Im relieved this wasnt all IN MY HEAD. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   GOD, Im relieved this wasnt all IN MY HEAD.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GOD, Im relieved this wasnt all IN MY HEAD.  (Read 293 times)
wiley789
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

GOD, Im relieved this wasnt all IN MY HEAD.
« on: Jul 13th, 2005, 6:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi my name is Willy.  
Ive just now discovered this site, and I am so glad to find Im not imagining these headaches,  Im working in Kuwait at the moment and the doctor I saw diagnosed migraine,  she gave me OLFEN.  This worked for two days then started to lose its effect, now Im back on chewing aspirin.  I know the dangers of too much aspirin but when an attack comes on I only have one thought in my head, I have to get it to go. Im 48 yrs old and this started about six weeks ago and has been constant,  when its not full, its sitting there waiting to pounce, I feel it ALL the time LURKING.  Im at my wits end, I have to work, yet when I have an attack I feel everyone thinks I am exaggerating and a wimp.  If this continues like it is I think I could lose my job.  Im just reaching out at the moment, I can feel tears in my eyes just writing this, the relief of knowing Im not alone, anyway time to wash my face, I will be happy for any advice and look forward to hearing from any fellow sufferers.
                                                                   Willy
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2005, 6:24am by wiley789 » IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: GOD, Im relieved this wasnt all IN MY HEAD.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 6:34am »

Willy, you are not alone. I repeat, Willy, you are not alone.

You've just walked into a family that completely understands your pain and suffering and fears.  Stay with us, this is important.

None of us are doctors.  We don't do diagnoses or write scripts, but you have only one defence - information - and this is the place to get it.

There's no such thing as a silly question here, mate, so ask away.  Give us a hint as to what you're going through and we'll help you everyway we can.

You're not alone, Willy, you're amongst friends now.  Just take a big deep breath and tell us your story.

Brian Down Under.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
wiley789
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 6:54am »

Thanks for your message Brian, Im suffering a bit at the moment so this is brief,  Im glad to hear from you mate, i will reply more soon.
      Willy
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 6:59am »

Make sure you do 'cos we're on your side.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2005, 7:00am by AussieBrian » IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 8:30am »

Print this article and share with you doc. It's the most current practice in terms of treatment. The author is one of the better headache doc in the U.S.

You may wish to look at the "medication" button, left, to see the reported experience of many of us.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 10:45am »

It's not uncommon for Docs. to have never treated a cluster patient - gather as much information as possible and be prepared to educate those that will provide treatment.

In the grand scheme of things - I hope you have a condition that's a little more treatable.

In the meantime - hang in there - welcome to the headbangers ball.

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 11:41am »

Sorry to see you here. While there is no "cure" for our condition. It is treatable. Everybody is different, so it will take a little work between you and your Doc to get it rite for you.
Read up on the info to your left, and print out everything you need for your Doc.
I've been dealing with this since May of 69 and the combo that works for me is O2 at 15/lpm and Imitrex injections when that doesn't work.

Remembe you're not alone in this. Jump right in and start rowing along with us. We'll get there.

TTFN
IP Logged

RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 12:43pm »

Welcome Willy,
 . . . . . and sorry you have to be here, but if it is CH, there's no better place to be.

Ditto the above.  Also check out the thread E-Double started at the top of the "Getting to Know You" board.  There you will find a letter to employers and friends that help explain our little horror.

Take the "cluster quiz" (fourth button down on the left ) and let us know how you do.

Do you drink?  Alchohol is a trigger for many of us (including me - quit 2/02 when found this site).  A beer, shot of brandy or glass of wine can bring on a ch within 20 min. for me.

Although some attacks can and do last longer (jeez, do they ever), most dissipate on their own within 20-30 min. , and give the illusion that the aspirin is helping . . . .. helping eat up your stomach maybe.  I did the same (was taking 6-10 Goodies Powders per day . . . not good).

Oxygen is my only abortive (can't take triptans) and is a miracle for many of us . . . . very effective, especially if used early-on in the attack.

Read, read, read and copy info for your doctor(s).  You must get a proper diagnosis.  Also  ask any questions you may have . . . .  Much experience and information on this board from people who truly know your  pain.

Keep in touch.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard

IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 12:49pm »

on Jul 13th, 2005, 11:41am, Kirk wrote:

Remembe you're not alone in this. Jump right in and start rowing along with us. We'll get there.

TTFN

Exactly, Well Said....  

About 45 days ago, I started my cycle again for the first time in almost 3yrs... I was lost...  

I did not know what I was going, thought I was going to end up losing my job, also.

But with the Help of ALOT of people here, exspecially E2 & Redd, I have gotten the SUPPORT & Meds that I need.
I am still working the BEAST, but I know now that I am not CRAZY and I am not alone.

Welcome and as I was told Read, Read & Read more.. this is the only place you will find answers to your CH questions... Smiley

PFDAN to ALL !!!!
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14th, 2005, 7:42am »

Gday Willy,

Don't feel alone, there are unfortunately quite a few of us. Check out the links above and read as much as you can on the site.
Paul
IP Logged
wiley789
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 14th, 2005, 9:20am »

Many Thanks to everyone who has offered me advice and support, just knowing you are there has helped considerably, I have had a good 20 hours since my last one, I work night shift 12 hours, and I have had a real good kip. I can barely feel it there for now. as Im new to this , maybe its gone away for a while????.  I really hope so, as then I can concentrate on finding out what I can do about it, I have been reading the boards and there is a mountain of information to sort through, i will print off all the info for the docs and hopefully they will recognise the ailment and work out the best course of treatment. again MANY thanks.  
         Willy
ps I stopped taking the aspirin,  GOOD advice.  ta
I hope all you have lots of PFDAN. thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss