Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Old time sufferer, first time poster »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Old time sufferer, first time poster
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Old time sufferer, first time poster  (Read 320 times)
jug_head
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Old time sufferer, first time poster
« on: Aug 25th, 2005, 11:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Embarassed

Hi Folks:  
   I'm Mike from Kentucky. 34 yrs old, have had CH's for half my life (started at 17 yrs old) they have followed me through college and my first marriage.  "ENGINEERING SCHOOL WAS LESS STRESSFUL WITH A CH THAN MY EX-WIFE"  Winkshe always thought I was nuts  Roll Eyes

Have gone through the gauntlet of med's to try to tame the beast . Had a good run for two years with allot of pfd's but this summer has been one date with the beast after another--and she has teeth this time around.  

I live close to Lexington which has some top notch Neurologist that have been working with me for years. Oxygen is my abortive of choice but i keep imatrex injections around when it's in-appropriate to bring my tank Wink-  

I look forward to talking with you folks! because until I found this site a few days ago! I thought that no one in the world knew the dance partner that takes my sleep at night and puts a fear into me of getting hit by the beast when I can't help but being in public or work.  

hope the best for all of you, and look forward to becoming a part of your community.
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

Re: Old time sufferer, first time poster
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 11:58am »

on Aug 25th, 2005, 11:48am, jug_head wrote:
Embarassed

Hi Folks:  
   I'm Mike from Kentucky. 34 yrs old, have had CH's for half my life (started at 17 yrs old) they have followed me through college and my first marriage.  "ENGINEERING SCHOOL WAS LESS STRESSFUL WITH A CH THAN MY EX-WIFE"  Winkshe always thought I was nuts  Roll Eyes

Have gone through the gauntlet of med's to try to tame the beast . Had a good run for two years with allot of pfd's but this summer has been one date with the beast after another--and she has teeth this time around.  

I live close to Lexington which has some top notch Neurologist that have been working with me for years. Oxygen is my abortive of choice but i keep imatrex injections around when it's in-appropriate to bring my tank Wink-  

I look forward to talking with you folks! because until I found this site a few days ago! I thought that no one in the world knew the dance partner that takes my sleep at night and puts a fear into me of getting hit by the beast when I can't help but being in public or work.  

hope the best for all of you, and look forward to becoming a part of your community.

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the dance. Glad you found us and you don't have to look forward to being part of the community, you are part of it and have been for 17 years.

Couldn't tell from your post, are you episodic? It sounds as though you usually have an okay summer, but this summer you're getting extraordinarily hard.

Based on your present treatment regime you may find one of the alternatives suitable. Take a look at the Kudzu Survey thread -- that's some pretty good data, particularly for episodics. Many of us have been able to have very manageable cycles and potentially shortened cycles through it use. Before considering it, read the other thread and you can see some of the experiences others have had. (As with any medication, check with your physician, just cause it's herbal, doesn't mean it is harmless).

Enjoy the community here. There's a lot of good info and some pretty funny moments, and every once in awhile a good row to get everyone's blood going. Just like any other community.

Good luck and PF days to you.

Scott

IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: Old time sufferer, first time poster
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 10:04pm »

Hello ,
 The information is plentiful here and always someone to dump on. Sorry you have to be here. Read, Read. Just the history in some of these threads make dummies of neuros that  know it all.  
All the best.  
BB
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss