Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 1:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just a friendly hello from Texas »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just a friendly hello from Texas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just a friendly hello from Texas  (Read 394 times)
TXheadbanger
New Board Newbie
USA 

So glad I found this website!

Just a friendly hello from Texas
« on: Sep 30th, 2005, 2:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone,  Just thought I'd introduce myself.  I'm a 25 yo guy living in Austin Texas and trying to run a small business.  (Ofcourse that's a bit difficult in spring and fall)  and am making a lot of changes in my life right now to beat Charlie ( my name for when my cluster headaches are visiting).  I really think that awareness and positive reinforcement from other sufferers is the best method to fight this awful syndrome and am glad to become part of this group to help each other out.  I've been visited by Charlie for over 4 years now and have really come to know him.  He is a spring/fall traveler and is very demanding of my time.  The biggest hurdle for me is managing time when I know that he could pop up at any time.  I haven't found many medications that have helped me so far and am praying that soon he'll forget to visit me.  The best method I know to get through his visits is just knowing that he does eventually go home and I can rest for a few months.  I have so much that I could write in here, but it's 2:11 am in the morning where I am and I think I've had my last visit for the night.  Can't wait to start meeting you all and swapping positive stories.  Please say 'howdy' and find out if I can help you in any way.  Peace
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Just a friendly hello from Texas
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 3:11am »

Hello Charlies "friend"!!!  Roll Eyes
Nice to meet you and welcome. You won't find a nicer bunch of headcases anywhere! What meds have you tried so far? As you have probably seen already there is tons of info here for you to read up and ask questions about.
Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 3:23am »

Howdy TX.
There's a lot of you people (Texans) here. Almost as many as the British (they're trying to overwhelm us).
We like the Texans, especially the wimmin'. The Brits are OK but they talk funny.

There's a lot of information here so you have a lot of reading to do.

Can you tell us what meds you've tried? Maybe someone can make suggestions to help.

Anyway, welcome to the board.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 7:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey TX  wave

Welcome to the club!

Pain Free Wishes

UNsolved
IP Logged
TXheadbanger
New Board Newbie
USA 

So glad I found this website!

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 12:48pm »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I hope that we can hold each other up through  the visits and save a few families/lives while were at it.  I welcome all the Brits as well!  And since Charlie has run off every relationship that I've had in the past 4 years, I will take anyone who will just understand what we go through.  I haven't tried many of the medications, but I've also taken a different approach on dismissing Charlie. (oh, and before I forget, I read 'the Devil' story last night around 3 am.. and actually got a few rolling laughs out of it. Get out of my head!!!) Back to what I was saying-  I have tried lithium, O2, excedrin, allergy medicine, my bathroom doorway, and  a hard fist.  None of these had absolutely any effect on me.  I've taken a  lot deeper approach and have decided to attach Charlie with psychology.  When I feel a visit coming on, I start to think about something that's REALLY bothering me.  It may be recent or when I was a child.  Just something bad!  I quickly come up with positive things that have come or are coming because of this situation-positive reinforcement-  in doing this I start moving my mind in a positive direction so when Charlie does knock on the door, I can open the door and know that hes only here for a quick chat and will be gone soon.(POSITIVE THINKING) This hasn't really made him more tolerable company or make him come around less often, but its sort of like when you have to face your boss EvERy day, that you hate!  and he/she just makes you ill because you know you do all the work, but you go anyway because you are getting paid, which is paying your bills, which puts a roof over your head, feeds you and your children, makes you feel like your accomplishing things.. etc etc etc.  And again, this works for me to tolerate my headaches, not relieve them or diminish the severity, but over time, I do believe that I'll be able to will him away.  I pray!  Bye for now!  

-P
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 1:46pm »

Hiya  

This is a great resource to know like the back of your hand...print it out and give it to the doc  

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf
It will present the appropriate treatments that you should seek and your doctor should know!!!  

If you want an abortive with the least amount of side-effects O2 should not only be requested but demanded from your doctor!!!

http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

I have recently been using Zyprexa as an abortive and have found it to work (for me) as fast as Imitrex and without the "hangover"  

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1120904753

If you do have the "typical" wake you up in the middle of the night horrors then.... Melatonin might be very helpful  
Many of us (myself included) have found that taking 6-9mg (some take more) about a 1/2 hour to 45minutes prior to bed have Knocked out the night visits and can finally get sleep.  

With the exception of 10-12 times.....I have slept through the night since August '04 (went chronic in March 05).....Still get hit during the day but my overall quality of life is better because I am not as exhausted all the time.  

Some people report that it seems to make them worse....The fact is that we are all different and respond differently to everything therefore it may or may not...  

The one thing I will tell you as far as my experience was that I had to stick with it...The first night I took melatonin, I was awoken with a doozy only I was too groggy to find my O2 .....It got a lot better for me....I then slept through the night but would get slammed about 1/2 hour after waking up....kinda like knocking the beast off schedule.....then again I was peaking and this cycle has been all over the place with no real pattern.  
I stayed with melatonin and have had decent sleep overall.  

It may help and it is natural with not too many sideeffects....also ask your doctor b/c if there are any side effects or contraindications...I think they have to do with mild depression.....  

Like I said we are all different.  

Best wishes, good luck & stay as positive as you can!!!!  

Eric  

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
niteowl
New Board Newbie
USA 

Welcome to the jungle (in my head)

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 12:38am »

Hello Texas Headbanger,

Welcome and sorry to hear of your bouts. After having read about the positive thinking, I decided to try and do the same and I can now say that these clusters do absolutely, POSITIVELY, suck.  Anyway if you need someone to talk to feel free to contact me.  I hope all gets better for you . ttyl.

Scott
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss