Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 11:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any local people in cali??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any local people in cali???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any local people in cali???  (Read 289 times)
jd3d
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Any local people in cali???
« on: Sep 30th, 2005, 9:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,

I just started to get my Ha back after being PF for 3 years! Once they start, the cycle needs to be broken and they just seem to get so bad after time that it makes me miserable! I hate it and don't know what to do about them this time around......

I was wondering if there are any locals in Cali and if there are any support groups that have meetings? You know, Like aa.....

I used this site last time around and it did help....It does have good advise and let's you see what others are doing to break the cycle....

Right now, They have started and not nearly as intense as last cycle.....I fear they will get worse and ownder if that is part of the cycle? Once I fear them, they seem to get worse! OUCH, They fet so bad I just want to pound my head into the wall but of course I don't....I take a couple Advil ,Put a bag of ICE on my head and smoke a cig which does seem to calm me down....It makes for rough and long nights....They wake me up about 12 to 1 am and then 3 or 4 am....Don't have them too much during the day until the cycle gets worse....How about everyone else? Seems I also get them around this time of year.....

My worst cycle was 6 years ago and lasted 9 long and hard months!  

FYI: I broke both cycles with a heavey dose of Prednisone for the 1st 5 days with a combo of Verapmail.....Verapamil really hurt my stomach and I truly believe the dosage of Preds did the trick....Anyone else experience these med?

This time around, I have read more about Pred and don't want to take it just yet until the cycle gets worse....

Oh well, Just wanted to let everyone know I am back...Won't forget about this site when I become PF.

Regards and thanks for reading...

JD
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Any local people in cali???
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 10:50am »

Welcome, jd...California has it's own OUCH chapter. Look here:
http://www.calouch.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Keep reading here, there's lots to catch up on.
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
jd3d
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 12:04pm »

Hi Nani,

Thanks. Will look in to that chapter. Hope you RF?

Hugs.

JD
IP Logged
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 12:18pm »

jd- Nani got her before me!  
CalOUCH is ready to welcome you, so do drop in!
As for your questions, Pred bursts are used pretty regularly to break a cycle, or in the case of a chronic, at the least, give them a break.
Verapamil..yeahh, seems to turn into lead, doesnt it? I guess each sufferer makes the individual choice, control the beast or suffer Vera's side effects.  
Take a look at the buttons on the left side here, you might find something else to help, naturally.
Meantime, there's a great group here, lights are on all the time, and, locally, our small chapter in CA welcomes you!
Wishing you PFDAN,
Cathi

PS, Jd, what about Imitrex? Please check it out if you ha ent yet........
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2005, 12:19pm by Cathi04 » IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
jd3d
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 12:29pm »

Hi Cathi,

Thanks for the reply. I just did a post on Cal ouch....

I have tried Imetrex 6 years ago and it was a mask....Didn't break the cycle.....

Yeah, Verapamil sucked but it worked...Killed my stomach and didn't like it...But like you say, Yes, It's either pain in the head or pain in the stomach....Stomach pain is not so bad as the head pain.....

Anyway, Thanks for your reply and am here to support others.

Have a PF day.

John D
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss