Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Allow me to introduce myself... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Allow me to introduce myself...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Allow me to introduce myself...  (Read 495 times)
mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

And the Beast shall be named Mabus - Nostradamus

Allow me to introduce myself...
« on: Nov 11th, 2005, 9:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So....  I just found this site today, this is my first post, but already I'm sure I have friends here!

I've been a episodic sufferer for about 22 years, and as I read through the info on this site, I just kept thinking "that's me, that's me, that's me".  Luckily I have a doc and a neurologist who are aware of what the Beast brings, and they've been pro-active in assisting me through my cycles, which come every couple of years and last maybe as long as 3 months.  Every time when a cycle is over, I think to myself "maybe they'll never come back".  But then one day, there's this weird little twang.

Something tells me you know what I mean.

It's usually slow to ramp up to full throttle (maybe another month), and then the "I'm miserable" state lasts for 2 wks to a month, and then it ramps down in intensity until it's gone.  Good riddance, because I'm currently at what I hope is the top of the cycle.

The held-holding, the whimpering, the walking in circles around the house in the middle of the night, jeez - I've soooooo been there for sooooooo long.

The 95-98% of my life that goes on when I'm not in a cycle is great, but there's always that deep-down fear, that thing that you are afraid to even think about - that the Beast will return.  And then one day he does.

Not to sound like a perv, and not being completely aware of what is proper CH etiquette - and not wanting to read through every post ever written - has anyone else found that sexual climax can sometimes stop an attack early on?  My doc suggested it long ago, before my miracle-drug (Imitrex) was available, and though my initial thought was "Buddy, when The Beast visits, the LAST thing I want to think about is sex!", as you know, when he visits, you're willing to try just about anything to make him go away, and I have found it to be reasonably effective.  He explained that your seratonin level was increased (or something to that effect), which as I understand it is how Imitrex works???

Anyway, it's nice to know that there are others out there how truly understand what I am going through.  In a way, I feel less alone tonight.

Thanks for listening (errr, reading)

IP Logged

.mm
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

Re: Allow me to introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 12:15pm »

Hi Mabus

Glad you found us.  Best place to be if you have CH.  No one is ever again alone with the Beast here.

As for your question, I find it a bit impossible to even think about sex or anything else for that matter, when in a hit.  It is hard enough to remember my own name or to remember to breathe at that moment.

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
mabus
New Board Newbie
USA 

And the Beast shall be named Mabus - Nostradamus

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12th, 2005, 6:08pm »

It sometimes works at the very first sign of attack, before things get out of hand - so to speak.

Wink
IP Logged

.mm
Rebel_Python
New Board Newbie
USA 

Down with the sickness

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 2:56pm »

Never heard of that, bet I give it a try though.
IP Logged

Jason P Adams..........Rebel Python
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 10:46pm »

Welcome and yes this has been brought up. Roll Eyes Being married I cant speak on the subject though.. laugh
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss