Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 5:47pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi everyone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi everyone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 503 times)
hogleg
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi everyone
« on: Nov 12th, 2005, 8:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just stumbled across this site and was so excited I had to post. I have suffered for 25 years with cluster migrains and been down the same frustrating road that many here have and its some how refreshing knowing Im not alone.

What happens to me is, it occures usually once a year and last right at  30 days. When it first started it would be after I fell asleep about 1 hour and of course behind my eye balls there was a demon trying to get out, when I rotated my shoulders or neck they would pop like crazy. As many here experienced all I could do was to crawl around and bang my head. And wait for 30 mind altering days.

Yes, after searching for 20 years I found the almight "bowing to the Imitrex injection" drug. I have 17 of those injections on hand...thank god for insurance!

Anyway, hope people don't have to go through that for 20 years before finding Imitrex.
And I also haven't done my share of reading here but I've been able to avoid them all together by managing stress.

chow

oh yeah, its goin on 2 years since the last bout, and my hats offs to those going through that and maintain a full time job ; )
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2005, 8:28pm by hogleg » IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 10:25am »

Welcome!Smiley
Please do read around here, you may find something else to add to your arsenal ...and you most likely have something valuable to add as well.  

Be well and Pain Free,  
lionsound

IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 12:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

First lesson:

There is no such thing as a Cluster Migraine.

You may have Clusters
You may have Meeegraines
You may have both.

But they are two distinctly differant conditions.
IP Logged
hogleg
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 3:17pm »

Really!

All I know is that they are a mind bending pain that last a couple of hours and occure on regular intervels for 30 days.

Can you explain how 2 differnt symptoms are occuring...or are they?
1. the migrain
2. the once a year, 30 day pattern or cluster

Thx
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 10:41pm »

I get migraines I have episodic CH. The neuros many years ago as calling them suicide headaches, also coined the term cluster migraine for diagnosis. They are two different enemies,  very distinct in their own way, and now are diagnosed as they are, Migraine HA and Cluster HA without the suicide. Look around and you will find others. Read Conquering Headache by Rappaport lots of good stuff there. The more you know. I know it sucks. Trex,,,,dont leave home without it.
jb  
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss