Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi  (Read 1178 times)
Mrs_Delts
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi
« on: Nov 30th, 2005, 3:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just a quick hi, although i'm not a sufferer physically i feel i am mentally. what i mean is my husband has suffered from clusters since before we were an item.
I'm hoping to get more of an insight into what this is all about as i can't begin to imagine what he must be going through not being a sufferer myself.
Yeah i can make a hot water bottle or give him a hug and sit up with him if he awakes me, but i'm hoping i can get some tips if thats the right word on what more i can do to help him, as no-one should suffer alone.
IP Logged

I'ts not often that i moan at life or wallow in self pitty,
but this moster called a cluster head is really really sh***y.
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 4:12pm »

Hi Mrs Delts!!
You at the moment are doing a fantastic job as a supporter just by being here Grin
I myself am a sufferer and mainly during an attack prefer to be left alone my supporter Theresa can also do what to yourselves may seem very little but just knowing that someone is there to make the coffee(in my case) or fill a hot water bottle in yours is comfort in itself Grin
There is a supporters corner here also where other supporters and sufferers can give you advice and support too Grin Grin
please feele free to use my email address on my profile so that i can give you my phone number for you both....
i only live round the corner in worthing as do several other sufferers live even closer Grin
yours  
Ian
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 4:46pm »

Hi Mrs. Delts. Ditto to what zany said. Except I live in Florida.

Check out the supporter's section of the board too, and listen to Margi. She's the super-supporter here  Wink

Like zany, I too like to be left alone. Understanding that is a big step in supporting your husband. People sometime get offended if they are told to leave or leave somebody alone, so just understand that it's normal for him tell you so.

My wife packs a can of starbucks espresso shot in her purse when we go out, gets me the ice pack when I get up in the middle of the night and go for my oxygen, and mostly just leaves me alone when I'm being hit. I love her a ton, and I can tell you I probably would not be here on earth if she weren't around.

The other thing is watch what he eats and drinks, and see if you can link any of that to triggers of headaches. And when you do, watch his diet. Since my wife & I found my triggers, she does a great job at ensuring that I don't eat/drink them while in cycle. If I'm behaving well on that front, I hardly get any daytime hits.

Thanks for being a supporter. Without you our lifes would not be worth living!

Jose
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 9:33pm »

Good job !
 My wife can sense when I have shadows. She knows without a word to start the coffee(in my case) get a wet towel in the fridge and stuff the injection. I have come from back from a black out from pain to see her trying to drag me to the truck.
She rocks! by the way. She also ,however knows when to run and when any help is futile. Get your mate on here and good luck.
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 10:03pm »

Ditto what they said.

I think everyone hear understands the pain it causes you as well.
If it were not for people like you we wouldnt have so much fun after.
Being you and staying upbeat is the best support you can give. Never pays to let worry get to you as well.

Just remember sometimes you have to change the schedules.
IP Logged

MJ
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 1:45am »

Welcome here Mrs. Delts!

Everyone said it already.  There is nothing better for a Clusterhead than to know they have someone to stand by them and give them the support they need.

You will also need support to get through this but here you will find it.  This is a great family to join.

Jas
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 4:56am »

Hi Mrs Delts!
You may not physically suffer the pain as you said yourself but no one can tell me you aren't suffering as much as 'im indoors. I know how hard it is seeing someone else get hit, and feeling so helpless. Its crucifying and there is and always will be as much of a place here for you as for him.
Looking forward to getting to know you better  Smiley
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss