Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 10:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I wish all of us a PF New Year. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I wish all of us a PF New Year.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I wish all of us a PF New Year.  (Read 544 times)
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

I wish all of us a PF New Year.
« on: Jan 1st, 2006, 12:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wish we would all be able to live a pf life...and still be family.  I am getting hit about 6 times a day now...scared I will run out of meds, that I wont find one to help me again...I hate this crap...I want to start the New Year fresh...FREE from these damn things...I went to pick up my grandson in Atlanta today....had to take a shot while driving thru Atlanta...now, that was an experience...When we got home, I got hit again...put my icepack on...after it was over, i found my grandson with my icepack on his head...he said he had a headache...Damn, these things really affected my son when he was small..having to see me get hit...I never wanted my grandson to see me go thru this...Please give me some suggestions on how to handle this with him...I dont want it to scare him like it did my son.. Tristan stays with me two weeks out of the month...and there is NO WAY I am not going to have him with me cause of these things....THis baby means the world to me and keeps me going...And I think he is sort of partial to his Gamma too...Thanks for any input you can give me...I just dont want him to be hurt over these things.......
Again, my prayer is that we all have a pf 2006! God bless this family! You people have been my salvation thru all the pain of chs.  smiles,nancyc
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2006, 1:00am by nancyc » IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: I wish all of us a PF New Year.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 3:40am »

Kiss to you, Babe!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 3:56am »

I wish the same to you and everyone else out here.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 4:16am »

Hi Nancy,

I have 7 neices & nephews all of the age to be scared when i have an attack. So i decided to sit them all down 1 day and explained to them that their uncle was keeping the boogie man trapped in his head so that he couldnt hurt them. 2 of my neices and 1 of my nephews had been having trouble sleeping due to monsters in their bedrooms but after i had explained that i had trapped the monster in my head so it couldnt get them they had no trouble sleeping. I explained that when they saw me in pain it was because the monster was trying to get out but that i was fighting it to keep it locked in my head, now when they see that i have an attack coming they encorouge me to fight it and my 4 year old nephew Bailey tells me to kick its butt good. These positive vibes from children give me the strength to keep fighting even when i have been battered that much i dont know if i can go on.
Dont know if this will work for you or if it is somthing you want to try, but hey its an idea.
Sending you PF vibes.
 Smiley Davyp  Smiley
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 6:41am »

Good tactics from Davyp, try it Nancy and I hope you get a break soon.

Hang in there girl and wishing you a better 2006. hug
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 12:02pm »

Thanks for the feedback....I was up all nite fighting the beast and Tristan kept waking up.  He goes "Gamma, what is wrong?"  It kills me to let him see me like this.  I have got to explain to him what is going on as he is getting scared now when I get hit.  And I am pretty desperate about now...Seems like nothing is holding me for long....I want to try the Zomig NS but my neuro is out of the country rite now...When he comes back, I am going to call and get a new RX for O2 and Zomig...smiles, nancyc
IP Logged
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 12:24pm »

Nancy, you have the ability to explain to Tristan about CH. Make him your ally, not so he can see you suffer, but so he knows
1-He is not the cause
2-They go away/won't kill you
3-He can help-just tell him how!

Obviously, he knows, so why hide?? He adores you, Nancy! It's horrendous that a child must see the ravages of CH, but better he be informed.

I know you'll handle this well, Nancy.....oh, and please go reread Davyp's post.  

More to the point, Nancy, wish you weren't going through this! You know how to find me!

UndecidedCathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 12:39pm »

Nancy that's pretty much how I handled it with my two daughters, now 22 and 20. My wife would explain to them that it would be okay in a little while but daddy needed to be left alone. I never let them see me on a head bashing day! I was always amazed at how much information they can process at very young ages. I guess you have to be a parent to understand that in the midst of a 9/10 head banger, all you can think is please don't let my kids see this. We hurt for you, keeping you and Tristan in our families prayers.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Melissa

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 1:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had scared Eli before, while having a kip 8.  He got out of hubbys sight and followed the screaming till he saw me.  It scared the crap out of him. Sad  After a few times of telling him that mommy has an owie in her head, he seems to understand.  He'll point to my head and say "owie head".  He is quite apprehensive tho when I start rubbing my head with my fingers. Embarassed  

Now, when mommy tells him she has an "owie head", I'll go into my bedroom and hit the O2 and he doesn't come in there.  Instead, he decides to use the time to his advantage to get into anything and everything on a search and destroy mission. Undecided  

The red head ball of doom strikes again...  *sigh*

LOL

Fruitloop, I hope 2006 is PF and good to you!

love,
 Kissmelly
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 1:41pm »

Sorry you have to go through all this.
Little kids sometimes blame themselves for others pain. They think they have done something wrong to cause it. You have to explain, in language they understand depending on their age, that it is not their fault. Explain what the headaches are. They will understand. Little kids are smarter than most adults think they are.
My kids had ‘jobs’ to do during my attacks. Play quietly, Turn the radio/TV down low. Don’t talk to me until it headache was over. It made them part of what was happening  and made them feel they were helping me get through it. Of course after the attack ended they were thanked for a job well done, hugged and high-fived. Made them proud of themselves and willing to ‘help’ the next time.
Hope you have a Happy 2006.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 2:13pm »

Tell the truth works.  

You'll find that children know how to handle pain and the like. They amaze me most of the time.

Pain free 2006 or else.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #11 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 3:14pm »

I'm sorry, Nancy.  Cry

While I think Davy's idea was pretty good, I don't usually recommend that anyone validates the existance of monsters to pre-schoolers.    Roll Eyes
I do like the idea of sitting Tristan down and talking about it. It is scary for them, especially if they don't know what's going on. Once he knows you'll come through it intact, he can better handle any fear. I love Bob's idea of giving him a job. Mooshie always gets my icepack if she sees me start to get hit. Then she knows to leave me alone until it's over.

hugs and PF wishes to you, hun...
nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 7:23pm »

Nancy,

It is great to hear from you, I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch.

The most important thing is to always tell the truth to children, lies and stories will always bite you later, and you will lose their trust. I'm sure it would be fine to say CH is not a headache but a horrible attack, so they don't get confused or think you are week because other people don't jump around with a headache.

If you need trex let me know.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:07am »

Think we all need trex, atleast those of us on an HMO... Grin.   And Paul, I have missed you too! Thanks everyone for the great advise. I dont think I can go with the monster thingy as Tristan is already scared of the dark and monsters.  He is only 3 1/2 . So I will try getting him to go get my icepack..course he will probably bring me a popcycle instead but that will be ok too....Had to work tonite but am off for a week now...Maybe this will be the time to get him used to my chs...Keep us in your prayers as I do all of you guys and gals.  Smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:05am »

Nancy,

Caleb has seen me go thru so many hits that he's used to them now. He sees me grab my ear (first sign) he usually runs for the O2 and starts yelling, "Granny Breathe, Granny Breathe!" He knows not to touch Granny till she gets over a hit.  

One day he was explaining to Homer (while Granny was "breathing"Wink that he wasn't supposed to touch Granny and that she had a "bad" headache and in a few minutes she'd be back playing with "us".  

Just explain to him and you'll be surprised what the little tykes understand. Show him where the ice pack is and let him go get it for you -- that way he'll think he's helping Grandmaw. I just don't believe in "hiding" from kids - explain to them and let them help and they'll grow up with an "understanding" rather than a dread. After the hit passes, pick them up and cuddle them - that helps you a bunch (at least it does me).

Give him a hug for me.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 10:40am »

Nancy,  
What I did with my kids, was include them.  I learned that here.  My kids were terrified I was going to die.  Ayden was only 2 and Alex and Andrea were 7 and 9.  I included them and gave them information.  Knowledge truly is power.  Whenever Clark was deployed or in the field, the kids took over.  Alex would plug the kettle in, and bring me my meds (I was on maxalt at the time), Andrea would get me ice, and Ayden, bless him, would climb up in my lap and squeeze the oxygen bag.  

It took a GREAT deal of restraint on my part to let them do these things, especially Ayden, but it made such a huge difference.  My kids felt empowered, they were no longer helpless watching Mommy hurt.  As hard as it was to let Ayden squeeze that bag, it has paid off 10 fold since then, he truly understands what is going on with my head now.

Just some ideas, like I said, I learned them here, mostly from Elaine and Jacks.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss