Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 7:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Well......how was it ???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Well......how was it ????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Well......how was it ????  (Read 451 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Well......how was it ????
« on: Jan 1st, 2006, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Not had time today to catch up much but am very CURIOUS how everyone's New Years Eve went.....and what did ya's do ? Thought about you guys myself.......did ya feel it......and wished ya's all a PF good year ! I can start by sayin mine kinda sorta 'sucked' in an odd way. Had the hotel room deal with close friends.....Brad is obsessed with pools anyhow which it had indoors of course. Was freaking FULL of kids when we got there......the entire hotel was a madhouse........hallways were FULL of people and musta been 50 kids on our floor runnin RAMPID in the aisles and sum raceing and would KNOCK you down if you got in there way. Was a big fight two doors down and sum big redneck drunk as hell guy screaming and freakin out with sum of his freinds holdin him down as sum chick ran past me crying. Then a BUNCH of cops showed up. Some girl got attacked in our elevator by our room and ran out of the building to the cop station management said that came from room to room warning people of a drunk preditor they never got a discription off that was still there !!! All that could of got outa hand cuz they were a bunch of big drunk redneck guys and were out in the halls also. Most had there room doors open. NO ONE was watching most of those kids.......some told me they brought 4 with them so they could party. Kids were up half rhe nite runnin and screaming........then we went to bed close to 2:00 am and someone in the next room was big time wrestling body slammming each other and screaming and hootin and hollarin........big ass slams too goin on. Drove me nuts.....kinda creepy cuz I wasn't sure where it was gonna end. Lots of drunk ass in somea them rooms together. Then someone was racein up and down the halls pushin each other in a desk chair with wheels. We found out NONE of us got the free large pizza for each room (5 total) cuz we got a discount cuz a freind works there......huh ? Then found out the resturant is 9 bucks per person and closed early so we said fuck that. Bar was just a little desk area next to the check in counter and 3 bucks a beer and they said they couldn't sell nothin cuz sumthin wasn't working ? Huh ??? We were bored shitless sittin in that room all nite.....halls were too packed and crazy to hang out in too long and the kids were RUDE ! Plus no bar area to HANG out for sumthin different to do and pool was too packed to get near with kiddies. Went to bed and got a dam migraine round 2:00 am( I know....I said that word again and NOT tryin to compare with you all TRUST ME.......I cried myself to sleep and Brad was less then understanding since he has CH but out of cycle still.......ho-hum) OK.....top that Pam  Tongue

Didn't do breakfast with the group either cuz it was 8 bucks a person......I jus don't eat that much to bother and Brad didn't want to pay it.  

« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2006, 8:34pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Re: Well......how was it ????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 8:41pm »

Lord, Pam - that sounds scary to me.  Not so sure I'd have like that either - in fact, I'm damned sure I wouldn't have.

We went out for an early dinner with friends and then back to their place and just quietly sat around - listened to music - watched the junior hockey games and played some card, ate my body weight in junk food!   A very quiet evening but that's the kind I like.

Hope 2006 is good to you and yours.

Carol

IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 9:23pm »

Dayum Pam.  Sounds like a pretty sucky time.  Hope you are feeling better now.

Jane and I did what we do every year.  We got a bunch of fruit and veggies and stuff and made snack trays and let the kids have friends over.  Keeps the kids and their friends off the streets and out of the path of the drunk drivers.

My oldest son called and we talked on the phone until past midnight.  He taught my grand daughter to say Happy New Year and she got a kick out of yelling that to Grandma and PawPaw over the phone.

All in all it was a nice quiet evening with no worrying where the kids were and if they were safe.

IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 9:34pm »

Yup it is a GOOD thing to have sumthin for the kids to keep em off the roads and keep everyone safe actually.....I suppose that was the idea behind all the kids at the hotel......and it is a cool idea so the parents can party with others and make it possible without sitters but I think a bit more control would of been the trick. My parents would NEVER EVER of let me run like that and take elevators to other floors and race down there aisles and back up with no adult around. Seen toddlers tryin to walk off as parents stood around drinkin and talkin and crash into walls. And bout get ran over several times.....and I almost got creamed by 3 teenage girls in skimpy outfits RUNNIN thru the halls into elevators floor to floor. Sure they looked CUTE but I jus wouldn't want sum perv to think the same thing ! Hotel tried to get people to stay in rooms but people were gettin MAD and were drunk and kinda worried me they mite start some sort of riot if they tried to hard. Alot of people drinkin the hard stuff can make for QUITE a mess of things when provoked. Bein with my friends was great but sittin all nite and visting the 'animal house halls' from time to time was a bit boreing and intense all rolled into one. Mixed emotions Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 10:08pm »

No can do Pam.

We made a nice bonfire in the back yard with the surplus pine logs, drank a bunch of beer and watched the neighbor set off fireworks.

It was good.

Steve G
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:42am »

Sounds.......uh.....interesting...  

Lots of drinks often helps.

It's been decades since I got wiped out or had some kind of new year to write home about. I did what I do every year. Watched lots of HBO and listened to nostalgia music.  

Whadda night. Ate some pizza though

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Water and ice are my friends

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:46am »

I was safe and sound at home with my boys...

About 5 o'clock the computer died..............would not fire up no matter how much the boys begged, 15 year old was TICKED...his brand new game was in it when it went and he couldn't get it out to take to the other computer.  

We watched the movie Exorcism of Emily Rose, good, celebratory type movie  Roll Eyes Because a friend of mine was in it and I was too cheap to go see it when it was in theatres. He played one of the assistant prosecutors in the courtroom scenes. Not a speaking role, so he doesn't get a cast listing, but he just sat there looking good.  Also watched Four Brothers and wound up in bed around 3am..............phone rang at 4:30 for hubby to go to work........told him to kill the lights, be quiet and slept till 9 when I got up to go to church...............

Worked at hotels for a while so I know better than to go to one on New Years, especially one with a pool...neglectful parents rent a room, drop off the kids and go partying...leaving everyone else to sit for them.  

Some hotels will let you rent their pools for private parties...you should see if you and your friends could do this to make up for the sucky time you had this go round.  

Danielle
IP Logged

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. -Helen Keller
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 2:06am »

My wife and I refer to New Years as amateur night. All the people who only get drunk once a year and then think they can drive! I try to saty off the raods for that circuis. We did the old movie rentals, a fire in the fireplace, a martinelli sparkling cider toast at midnight...(%$^^^%## being on cycle at new years)...then off to bed. Delightfully boring! Wishing you all peace in the new year....and a few pf days tossed in for good measure.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:17pm »

Tried to comfort my new daughter in law.  Don't think I did much good.  We celebrate Christmas at my mother in laws house then.  There are 10 kids + 10spouses, 36 grandkids(plus many are married with kids), and 10 great grandkids.  Many people!  When my daughter in law arived.  She went from the front door into the bedroom that people put coats in.  There she cried and had a major panic attach.  She is latino and wasn't sure how the family would feel about that plus 6years older than anthony.  I assured her that we had adopted black children in the family and all of Ted's 9 brothers married woman 3-16 years older than them and Ted was the only one who married the same age.  That calmed her some.  But she didn't want people looking at her.  So the family just went in one at a time and introduced themselves to her and welcomed her to the family.  Then they left. She was terrified to leave the bedroom but knew she had to to leave.  i don't know if she will make it to another family gathering or not.  I recomended to my son he take her to meet his uncles/cousins seperatly one family at a time so she can get to know people better in a smaller settings.  We ate lunch with them the next day at home and she seemed alright so I guess she survived!  
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:22pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:50pm »

Had a teenage new year party.

About 60 kids from 15-18, movies in one room, music in another, lots of food and pizza in the kitchen. Board games in the dining room and not a drop of liqour.

Lit up the hills out back and all went sledding, even me, around 10 till 12. Wooped and hollered and sent them home by 12:30.
IP Logged

MJ
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:57pm »

Sure can't top your celebration, Pam.

We had our usual good time. Pizza for dinner. Large with double peperoni and sausage. And a lot of Coke to wash it down.  

Had to work Sunday morning so it's to bed at the usual time.

Hour and a half later I wake up with PAIN! It's killing me! Oh-my-Gawd-I'm going-to-die pain! Straight out of bed and running! Damn, I hope I make it......

Remember the 'lot of Coke' mentioned above? Yep, gotta pee so bad I thought the stem end of my bladder would explode.  Hate it when that happens.

Slept peacefully the rest of the night. Until the damn alarm went off. Hate when that happens too.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:59pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 3:04pm »

Real quite time here, too.  Unfortunately, the entire holiday season was very sad.  My closest friend and neighbor lost her husband of 43 years on Wednesday before Christmas.  The funeral was Friday before Christmas.   We spent a lot of time at her house throughout the whole Christmas weekend and the following week, because both her son and daughter did have to work, and we didn't want to leave Cathy alone.   We had been invited to a large New Years Eve party, but, when I found out she would be at home, all alone, well, that just wouldn't do.  It was gourmet night at my house, just Cathy, hubby Tarey, and me.  We had a lovely dinner, wine, champagne, and laughter and tears.  Played good music, and just remembered her husband.  Some of the stories were hilarious and we laughed until our bellies hurt.  I must say, even though Ron, Cathy's husband was not with us physically, he sure was there in spirit.  

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #12 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 9:45am »

I'm still alive. I don't know why but I am.  Grin
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 11:45am »

We let my 16 year old go out with his 17 year old girl friend to a friends house around the corner, with a curfew of 1:30. He call at 12:30 asking for a half hour extension, and against my input, the Mrs. gives him the green light. At 2 am he comes in, sticks his head in our bedroom door, where we are watching TV whil waiting up for him, sais he's home and goes in his room, where he immediately falls on the floor. My wife goes to check on him and sees him try to get up and fall right back down. He procedes to make it to the bathroom where he decorates the entire room, walls, floor, and fixtures, with vomit. He was out of his mind trashed. It seems he won $150 playing beer pong or some such bull shit from his friends 20 year old brother. Believe it or not, there was adults at home during this mess, but they never bothered to look in on the younger group. I was real tempted to call the police and get them in a world of trouble, but I calmed down and dealt with it. He will now not be allowed out past 10 for quite some time.  
Happy New Year
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #14 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 3:28pm »

Sat up till 1:00am central time with wife and kids, didnt do much. Went to bed then got hit 8 at 2:00am and was prettymuch done after that for the night. Went to work at 3:00pm on the 1st and had to leave at 7:00 to take wife to er for hurt back. Normal day here.

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss