Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 9:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What dreadful things have your kids done »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What dreadful things have your kids done
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What dreadful things have your kids done  (Read 1189 times)
pubgirl
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

The next person who calls it a migraine eats teeth

What dreadful things have your kids done
« on: Jan 9th, 2006, 8:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Luckily my kid is only 6 so we haven't had the REALLY dreadful teenage stuff yet but.....

(the person from here who rang me while I was being cleaned up by lovely Alan knows this is true)  

Developed nasty temperatury sore throat on Sunday and dosed and died.  

Lovely George took advantage of this, I was sound asleep on sofa in front of the telly (lovely sight I am sure  Embarassed) Hubby was in the cellar having a New Year sort out. George seized his opportunity and, as he put it,  "scoffed" a load of sweets (and I mean a load!) then planted a well chewed red Skittle (not sure if you have them but they are vile coloured so-called fruity chewy sweets with gum in them) in Mummy's hair while she slept and left it to harden and tied my feet together. Little bugger! Thank God it wasn't chewing gum. He really is a monkey sometimes.  

It was a tiny bit funny really  

What awful things have your kids done so I can be prepared for the next one!

W  
IP Logged

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: What dreadful things have your kids done
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 9:25pm »

I love telling this story...

After I left my hubby, I was a full time Mom and full time college student studying psych.  It was spring time, and time to be writing final papers, and Meg and Dyl had to be like 3 and 5 years old.  I had a sweet young gal as a neiblor at the time, and she would "babysit" when I had to study.  

So, the day was very wet, as we had had a wonderful warm spring rain over night, and the complex had been doing some renovations to the community playground.  There were piles of rich black, (and I mean BLACK) dirt ready for spreading out to get a bed of soft grass planted.  

I was in the apartment working on a 15 page final paper that was due for Theories of Adjustment class in a day, and I had asked the neighbor girl to please take the kids to the playground so I could concentrate.

I was about halfway done with the paper, when I heard little laughing voices outside the back door.

I opened up that door and to two black blobs.  The only thing I could see that wasn't black were 4 eyeballs and two sets of ear to ear toothy grins.  The timeing couldn't have been LESS perfect.  Still half my paper to write and it was due the next day, and two black walking talking mud pies.

Soooo right there on the back porch, I had them both strip down to their birthday suits, and ordered them to stay put!!  I grabbed a 5 gallon mop bucket, filled with warm water, and poured the first over Dylan, and made him still stand there, and got a second and poured it over Megan.  As the black mud began to slide off their little laughing bodies, I pulled out an old green wool army blanket I had stashed in a closet, and layed it on the floor.  Put on the cartoon channel and picked Dylan up and set him on it.  I told him if he dared so MOVE off that blanket he'd be in such trouble.  (though I couldn't stop smileing and giggling)

I then wrapped Meg up in a second crappy pink blanket I had and carried her up the flight of stairs to the bathtub where I scrubbed her down till I thought her skin would begin to shed.  We laughed all the while. The mud had stained her skin and hair, but at least she squeeked.

I put her down for a nap while I bathed the hyper wiggle worm of a son.  He told me how Mihla (the neighbor girl) had said the mud was like taking a bath in chocolate and so they did...It was soo hillarious I couldn't be angry.  I srubbed Dylan till he squeeked too, and it was such a laugh and a half to see them so free and haveing had the siplest of fun and be so filled with joy at the fact.  I couldn't be mad or upset, and to this day, 10 years later, I can still see those white smileing eyes, and the toothy grins under otherwise caked on black mud.

Who needs pictures with a memory like this?

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 10:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, I do have some pretty dreadful things my kids have done, but since I don't want to dredge those things up, instead I'll tell you something else...

Eli has a tail.  Yup!  That is what it's called now, a TAIL! laugh laugh laugh

OMG, holy crap I about peed my pants laughing when he first pointed to it and said "tail".  Then he grabbed hold of it and said "tail" over and over again.  

I wonder how many guys on here thought theirs were tails also? Grin
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 10:24pm »

Well last week I told the story of one of the twins duct tapping the other from head to toe and rolling him down the stairs.  Lets see, they pushed a chair up to the door and undid all the locks when they were like 2 yrs old.  ran outside at 5am and took off all there clothes and were running around in the parking lot nude when the neighbor found them and brought them home.  They used to sneak up in the middle of the night and get butcher knives and food and put it under there beds so I had to put locks on everything.  Even the goldfish got taken out of his bowl and put under their bed and died.

Lets' see as teenagers I could tell you horror stories that I don't think any mother wants to hear.  One son spent time in and out of jail and I have 2 that are in gangs.  I just hate it and wish they were grown and out.  Were trying to get our 20 year out but with his criminal background he is having a hard time finding a job.  No job, no apt.  sucks!

I pulled alot of stuff on my mom and dad so I guess what goes around comes around.

Mell that is so funny a tail!  So cute! crackup
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 10:30pm »

I came home from work one night, as I walked to the door I heard a hissing sound. I walked to the corner of the house and smelled gas. My boy had got into my tool chest and got out a 2lb shop hammer and beat my gas meter in, then tried to make it stop leaking with duct tape. Hard to get it into a 3 year olds mind that things can kill you.
IP Logged
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 10:32pm »

Nope, Mel.... never heard it called that!
My son Todd(who shall remain nameless).was found in the buff, in the garage, blowing up water-bomb balloons, fitting them on.err...uhh, a part of his anatomy, and watching them get forced off! Embarassed(whew, am I in trubble now!!!)  

My daughter, Dana was close to perfect........I said CLOSE! For her third birthday, Dana got a pink beanbag chair.well all 3yr old females love pink.....but Dana wanted badly to know if the pink went all the way thru. I checked all 3 zippers, told her Daddy & I were certain the pink was all the way thru.and she went to bed for a nap, smiling..or so I thought......3 hrs later, thinking my lil angel must be quite tired, I went to check in on her
she HAD fallen asleeep.... but not before she found all 3 zippers, opened them, then got to the  
"filling"..........there was my lil angel, fast asleep in......SNOW???????????????????????
The filling was the teensiest, tiniest styrofoam pellets, magnetically charged, so they stuck to everything.and before she fell asleep, she must've had a field day........the pellets were everywhere!!!
3 days later, I had almost forgiven her, when I walked into her room where she had been quietly playing with her baby brother.....................

SHE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only this time, she and Todd BOTH looked like snowpeople-covered in the cloying pellets....Todd's filling the gaps in his diaper, and Dana pouring them onto his head till!!!!!!!!!  

28 yrs later, my sense of humor has returned, and we can laugh about this...........
Mothers dont let your babies grow up with pink beanbags.......  

Over all, Redd, they were pretty good. next time I will tell you about diving into the pool from their 2nd story bedrooms........... Shocked  

glad I stopped at 2, Cathi!
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2006, 10:36pm by Cathi04 » IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 10:32pm »

My daughter decided it would be nice to scratch a picture into our formal dining table.  This picture is pretty large and takes up about 1/4 of it.
Arent kids great when it comes to destroying stuff?
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 11:53pm »

My kid......sittin on the floor stranglein my beloved cats.......leaven the refirigerator door open to air condition the kitchen while we were out and messin up the thermostate.......buying up tons of candy from candy drives at school and eating it all leaveing us with huge bills sayin the people took the stuff she sold them but would not pay her (I found piles of candy wrappers in her room and empty tins and boxes).......pullin into the driveway in the used nice car we just bought her with a smashed in front end and bashed in hood and twine tieing it down saying it was not her fault and to get off her back. I didn't rear end you cuz you front ended me Pam

Oh I could go on and on and on.........
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2006, 11:54pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 1:17am »

Hmmm Dreadful?  Or Repulsive?  ...

Testament to a Mother's Cast Iron stomach!

My kids are now 5, 12, and soon to be 14.  The teen years will prove interesting, of that I'm sure.

The most dreadful, and repulsive, and all the way around gross thing I have experienced as a mother have all come from my daughter.  While my oldest tried to flush a cat down the toilet, that pales in comparison to what Andrea could find to get in trouble with.

As most mothers know, small children will put anything in their mouth...and I mean ANYTHING.  The cat we had (and still have - he's about to be 14 as well) has been diagnosed bulemic.  He binges and purges on a daily basis.  Now it's bad enough to have to clean up cat puke daily, but it goes over the top when you walk into the living room and see your 18 month old cleaning it up for you...by eating it.

My ex-hubby's sister and hubby have a farm and Tim is a butcher.  They raise beef cattle and Tim does his own butchering.  We were out visiting one day, and Tim had just slaughtered a cow.  The kids were playing in the yard (she had 2 boys and my 2) and I noticed Andrea was fascinated by a pile of what I thought was sawdust.  (I was a fair distance away).  She toddled over to the pile and was playing in it and just bringing a handful to her mouth when my then sister-in-law came screaming out of the kitchen "Andrea NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" It was a scene from a bad movie I tell ya....

We were too late.  The chubby little hand had already taken a handful of the suspect material and shoved it in her mouth.  Turns out, the pile was the insides of the cow's stomach.

I can hardly wait to see what the teen years have in store....  Roll Eyes

Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation with the porcelain phone.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 1:55am »

Cat......................

Never mind............. Lips Sealed

ARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 2:23am »

Use steelwool to clean your car and brand new reading specs... Compulsive Cleaning Disorder... I should not complain, she will be organized, her house will be clean, she will drive her own kids crazy one day but it is OK.

When the other one was small, act as chimney sweep, soot on carpets, furniture and curtains, she is blond... it took quite awhile to get her blond again... now she is big and sweeps everything under beds, cupboards overflow with junk and old washing... Compulsive Chaotic Disorder... she is leaving home, she's gonna mess her own place and I'm gonna miss cleaning up after her.

Hospital visits... he loves falling off and over stuff, like walls, tree houses and jumping off the balcony because he is Spiderman, Superman and The Hulk all in one...  Compulsive Super Hero Disorder...  one day he will hopefully be admired for all his scars and become a very famous actor, in the mean time I can do with donations of old matresses, cotton wool, disinfectant, plasters and anything that is soft and will break a landing.

Peace to all Mothers out there.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 2:31am »

O yes, my son does not like clothes he believes in Free Willy... in his favour it never gets cold here.

My daughters believes in no clothes for Mom... raiding my cupboard and when they were small and I still ventured into church, would stand on the pews playng peekaboo with the backside of my dress.  It was embarrassing as I was probably the first woman in Africa to decide that wearing no underwear in this heat was cool.

Embarrassment fades with age and you can always thank your kids for lessons taught well. Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 2:44am »

Mums, your wisdom and your patience is appreciated.  Smiley

I've been thinking very hard and I haven't done anything that horrible. As long as I can recall, that is. Lips Sealed

I did place used chewing gums under one table (yes, you can still see traces from them), I once tried to hammer one of our tables (hey, don't let a 3-year-old use one) and I did put dad's watch into sink (this took place in time I didn't talk yet). Grin

IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Water and ice are my friends

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 2:54am »

We too have survived the multiple hospital visits, -to the point that the emerg nurses greet us in public, by name

-Falling out of a moving car, and thankfully being missed by the tire - by less than two inches (it stopped and we pulled him from underneath the side.)

-Brother doing a very similar stunt, ran over his ankle, thankfully not broken or seriously damaged

- the nasty poo stories - "look mommy, no diaper...."(reminded me of the romanian orphanage stories, disinfected that one till he was squeeky)

-Eating anything and everything - chimney soot and various bugs included. (cow bits excluded)

-Peeing for distance off the back deck (boys, obviously)- "we live in the country mommy, we can do that"

-using bug spray to get the fire started - Inside ! - Saw the fireball from the computer room reflected in the china cabinet (daddy showed us that !)

These are also the only two creatures on the planet that have been around for most of my headaches. My hubby works away a lot so it's just me and my boys. My eldest son started helping his mom when he was only two. My younger boy has never known his mom to not get headaches. I was pregnant with him when they started. They were as relieved as I was when the doctors finally told me what they were. At least we know and can fight back now.  

So the 15 year old is licensing his car in the morning.................I think I can forgive him the first speeding ticket.........but he's paying it  Grin

Danielle

IP Logged

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. -Helen Keller
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 3:33am »

This is more funny.  I'd rather forget the other stuff.

When the girls were little we all would run to the bathroom sans clothes.  The eldest,4 year old  Sarah, was standing in the bathroom watching her Daddy shave and she pointed and laughed and told him he had a funny belly button.  
We stopped being naked in front of the kids after that.  Undecided
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 6:22am »

The other day at the airport, Caleb (my four year old grandson) was out in the smoking section with me and there were several security guards out there. He went over and met all of them explaining that he was a "policeman" also, but his badge was at home because he was not working today (my uncle, retired Fed Security, gave him a badge and swore him him as a Fed policeman, so he "really' thinks he's a policeman and can arrest people!). They were impressed!
   Later we were sitting in the coffee shop when another security guard came in (one he hadn't met) and picked up an apple and a banana. The cashier was busy cleaning tables, so he just held them up to show her he got them and started out. Well, Caleb YELLED at him as he walked out the door, "You're STEALING and that's UNACCEPTABLE. You go to jail now!!!" The man came back in (laughing) and tried to explain that he had left the money by the cash register. Caleb was having no part of it. The cashier (who had a number of grandkids)was laughing her rear off, I was trying to calm Caleb down, my friend John was mortified and Caleb was looking for his handcuffs. The nice security guard finally pulled some change out of his pocket and gave it to the cashier and Caleb let him "go" this time, but warned him NOT to ever steal again.  

I think I got over being embarrased when my son was about 3 or 4. That was about the time I went into shock at the things they can come up with to do or say (especially in public). Today those of some of my fondest memories, but at the time they were happening, I wanted to kill him.  

The one thing Buddy (son) did was when he was in kindergarten. I was teaching his class and we had show and tell... Welllll, Mr. Buddy had a black eye. "Tell the class how you got the black eye Buddy." "MY MAMA GAVE IT TO ME!" And he wouldn't change his story no matter what.....  That afternoon the principal called me into his office (trying to keep a straight face...) Before he got a chance to ask, I just told him - "If he has two black eyes tomorrow, Mama gave him the second one!" The kid could have gotten me arrested! After I got him home and questioned him - he just said that was his funny. Now I remember why I hated teaching little kids!!!!!!

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 8:48am »

oh I SO gotta get in on this one! I'm still trying to forget Hannah's early teen years, but as a baby, it took her all of about 3 minutes to remove her dirty diaper and cover everything in poop!  Poop handprints, poop footprints, poop smears! YUKKK!!! She must've had some kind of weird fetish, cuz shortly thereafter, I caught her sitting on the edge of the toilet bowl with her feet in the bowl, washing off the flour she was covered in!

And my darling little Harry, at the tender age of 6, dismantled and removed NINE FEET of brand-new picket fence, loaded it into a wagon, and took it to the neighbor's house to build a tree house!  When asked the simple (and stupid) question of "why??" his beautiful little face looked up at me innocently and replied, "cuz we needed the wood".
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 9:22am »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 3:33am, kayarr wrote:
This is more funny.  I'd rather forget the other stuff.

We stopped being naked in front of the kids after that.  Undecided

I knew I had to stop being naked in front of my youngest son when this story happened…
I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dress for work my youngest was sitting in my room watching TV (he was about 3 at the time) He looked at me and his eyes got really big and his mouth dropped open. SO I asked him what was wrong.

He looks at me and says mommy you lost your peepee, I then tried to explain that mommy’s do not have peepees. He then goes down the list he says, “ I have a peepee”
I say, “yes”. He says, “Bubby has a pee pee”. I say, “yes” He says, “daddy has a pee pee”. By now he is crying and he finishes with we all have pee pees you have to have one too.  

I was laughing so hard by that time I just could not argue with his logic, everybody in his world had a pee pee but me!

No, the story is not over just yet. A day or two later he walks in on my using the bathroom (in those days we only had one) He says you going poop, I said no I am going pee – THERE go the eyes aging – He looks at me and says YOU pee out your butt!!
Let me tell you it was so funny I almost fell off the Toilet!

Kids don’t you just love them!!!!!

IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:43am »

All of your stories are awesome! LOL

My two are now 4 and 5.

When Sammie was in his 2's he would grab unsuspecting large chested womens boobs (strangers, in public).

When Toni was about 9 months in her swing, big brother Sammie decided to chuck a can of peanut butter at her head.  She still has a tiny dent in her forehead.

I cut sammie's hair last summer.  He was very upset about it.  A few days later him and his sister were cutting paper at the table.  I walk in just in time to see him cut a bit of her hair off to "glue it to my head mom"

Oh can't forget when Sam was changing the breaks on our car and the new break pads dissappeared.  We spent all day tearing the house upside down looking for them.  Finally Sam stoops down to sammie level and asks if he had seen the break shoes.  Sammie then points to the heat vent.  He had lifted up the grate, put the shoes in the vent, the put the grate back in place.

Or when the kids decided to flush a bunch of toys down the toilet and Sam had to take it apart to get the toys out.

My kids were pretty good about not putting foreign objects in their mouths.  But just last night my 2 yr old nephew had to have a quarter removed from his windpipe.  He's okay now, but I'm sure he learned a scary lesson.

I could go on and on Grin

« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:44am by Tara Ann » IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 11:11am »

Oh I got another one…
Same kid different story…

When we lived by Muncie IN, in a very small town about 15 min away. I used to go and by burgers and fries at Mickey D’s by the bag full and take them home and freeze them so that if the kids wanted burgers I would have them on hand and not have to take a 30 drive to town and back.

On one day while doing some errands in town, I decided to go on a MD’s run. I had my youngest with me. On the way back home he had gotten in to the bag and started to eat two or three burgers. He then told me that I forgot to get him a drink. I told him, I did not forget to get him a drink he was supposed to wait till we got home, I had drinks there.

He was very upset and told me that we were in the middle of nowhere and he was DIEING of thrust. I told him we are not in the middle of nowhere we will be home in a few minutes. He then tells me, Mom I am looking out the window and I don’t see diddly squat.  

A little shocked, trying to recover, defect and distract, I asked him if he even knew what diddly squat was. I said if you don’t know what it means how can you say you don’t see it.  

He got quite for a few seconds (I think well that shut him up) He looks at me and says,
“Well I might see diddly squat, but we are still in the middle of nowhere, MOM”!

Lessoned learned you just can’t win against a 4 year olds logic!

IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
LadyElaine

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 6:23pm »

I have four kids they are all grown now. The stories I could tell are endless.

My daughter Heather had a thing about writing checks off my account. When she was in the thired grade, she wanted to order a book. So she took a check out of my check book, she wrote the check out for I think it was like eight dollars. She mailed it off. I recieved a letter and the check back from the company saying I forgot to sign the check. Other than forgetting to sign my name the child did good. Then when she grew up in her teens. We trusted her and had her name on our checking account. Well she took her car and traded it in on a truck and wrote a $500 check out of our account. Her name was removed the very next day !

You all know I am a animal lover. Well I had a bird. I kept him in the back bedroom so the cats could not get him. Well on April fools day.. One of the kids started yelling " Mom the bedroom door is open and feathers are every where." I like to broke my own neck getting in there, to find four children laughing and yelling April fools.

This was a good one. We sent our oldest out to feed the doogs when she was twleve. She did not come back. We found the plate on the ground broke and we just knew she had been taken. We called the police. The child had on her PJs. I was a nervous wreck. The police were going to neighbors homes. One looked in our garbage can. I asked what he was looking for in there. He said a body. I fell apart. We lived on a main road but the back of the house was all woods. They were ready to call in the dogs and the helacopter when my Mother drove up with Tiffany in the car. A boy she liked picked her up on his bick and took her to his house three miles away. My Mother happen to think about him and went to his house and sure enough there she was.  
The police gave her a talking to and said what ever we did to her would be ok with him.  
I think that was the worst thing that happen.

See why I got old before my time !
IP Logged
BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 6:43pm »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 1:17am, catlind wrote:
The chubby little hand had already taken a handful of the suspect material and shoved it in her mouth.  Turns out, the pile was the insides of the cow's stomach.

LOL Cat. She'll be great trying out for Fear Factor.  laugh
IP Logged
pubgirl
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

The next person who calls it a migraine eats teeth

« Reply #22 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 8:12pm »

Barb

I feel SO much better! George did that to me too!  He cut his eye by running into the corner of a table, then when we were in Tesco's the nice girl on the checkout asked him how he had hurt himself and he pipes up "Mummy did it!" I went bright red and said "George, that's not true, telling lies is not nice" and the little devil just said "I'm not lying, Mummy did it"

However much I denied it, I'm sure she believed him, not me.
When later I asked him why he had done it he said that he thought it was just funny. He was about 4 at the time!

Thank God it must be normal if other kids do it too

W
IP Logged

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 8:41pm »

I have an only child, so have no "group-type" stories.  And I'll preface this by saying my daughter is generally a "good" kid.

The three that stick out ...

- When she was 6, she called 911 to tell the dispatcher she was being abused .... her mom was making her eat tuna noodle casserole for dinner.  I was severely reprimanded by the police department for that one.

- When she was 8, she decided to cut her own hair.  Then, to hide the evidence, she put the hair in the oven (of all places!)  Not only did I have to pay a fortune to have her hair repaired, the burning hair ruined my pot roast the next night.

- When she was 19, she called in the middle of the night to tell us not to worry.  She was staying at a friend's house overnight.  However ... the caller ID said, "Berrien County Jail."  That's right - arrested for driving under the influence.  Thought she'd get away with it, since her boyfriend was bailing her out the next morning.  I'm not sure how she thought she'd get away without us knowing she had to pay $1,300 in fines, go to "drunk driving school" and do 40 hours of community service.  Not to mention the restricted license....

Ahhhh - kids will be kids!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 8:55pm »

LOL>.come to think of it, there was the time when I was working at my kids' school, my son was in first grade. Todd went with me to the grocery store one afternoon, and when he asked for something, I replied, "No, Todd, I can't buy that today".......he asked why, and my reply was something to the effect that we couldnt afford it, we were broke........well, as parents, we have all done this.
The next day in school, Todd's teacher, a good friend of mine, announced that since Halloween was near, the class would be going on a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. She asked each student to bring $.50, in order to buy a pumpkin. Todd, at his most dramatic, stood up, and told his teacher he could not do that, as his parents were "all broke up".......
That afternoon, I was cornered by my friend, Todd's teacher, who gently asked "are you gonna be ok?".......my reply..."yes, why"....of course, at this point she had no choice but to respond....
"Todd told us what you're going thru. If you need to talk to anyone, or if you need some financial assistance, I wish you would tell me........."........needless to say, Todd's drama, and Sandy, the teacher's concern concluded that we were divorcing and destitute!  
Innocent mistake or vile childlike behavior?? I still don't know, to this day...........
but I may begin to forgive this child of mine sometime in the future!

PS, He's 29 now..........

Cathi Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss