Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 11:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I Was Attacked This Week!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I Was Attacked This Week!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I Was Attacked This Week!!!!!  (Read 665 times)
Carl_D

Email

I Was Attacked This Week!!!!!
« on: Jan 14th, 2006, 8:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The other day I checked my mail and a big orange cat was outside. Mind you I am highly allergic. I tried to shut the door quickly but it ran into my apartment and went BEZERK! My guess is once inside it realized this was not its home. Well, It broke stuff jumping tables and walls, THEN ran upstairs meowing ferociously. I was freakind hobbling behind it. It ran into my bedroom. Perfect. Fucking cat dander everywhere. I'll be itching and sneezing for weeks. I literally though it was rabid as insane as it acted and threw a pipe at it. He ran between the wall and bed and I slammed the bed against him but he got free and ran into the bathroom. Once I got in there he had jumped into the sink and lunged at me. I stuck my arms out getting clawed, and threw him into the tub and shut the door. In my head I thought "You are one dead fucking cat!" and was yelling at it. I tried wrapping it with a towel and it bit me hard on the webbing of my left hand. FUCK! Now if it is rabid I have to get shots. The front door was open and my next door neighbor heard yelling about a cat and realized hers was gone. She came to the door and asked what it looked like, I put my foot on its head so as not to get bit again, and grabbed him by the scruff and took him downstairs. It was hers.

The scratches and bite whelped up bigtime and she freaked when she found out I was allergic. She kept apologizing and I apologized for nearly beating her kitty to death, but she saw the panic and how bad I was shaken. She even came over periodically to make sure I didn't have a massive reaction to the allergy. The fucker got me good, and I had to wash with antiseptic soap, use peroxide and merthiolade. Then I took an Ativan.

Talk about being traumatized by a pu$$y!  laugh

I'm healing nicely, and once I adopt a wolf... I dare a cat come in here!!!

Peace,
Mackzilla
IP Logged
alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

yup. i am. i do. uh huh. you know it hon.

alienspacelizzie   MzClusterhead
WWW Email

Re: I Was Attacked This Week!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 9:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 14th, 2006, 8:40pm, Carl_D wrote:

Talk about being traumatized by a pu$$y!  laugh

Peace,
Mackzilla

Are you coming out of the closet, Carl?   girlflash
IP Logged

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 9:41pm »

on Jan 14th, 2006, 9:26pm, alienspacebabe wrote:

Are you coming out of the closet, Carl?   girlflash

Coming Out of the closet? Huh? Are you kidding me Missy?

I am saving that for 20 years down the road when I am a famous author, musician and actor and release the tell-all autobiography: "My Secret Life With Stone Phillips"

jaw_drop
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 10:31pm »

Geeze Carl.

Cat dander is the only thing I know that really gets to me (I do get used to it after 24 hours or so and it doesn't bother me)  

Those bites and scratches itch like hell.

Be careful but try not to do anything draconian.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 10:55pm »

I have a friend who has a wolf for a pet....I'll ask him if he'll ship her to you....
Then again maybe not. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 12:28am »

Reminds me of a guy in the FD with me, his wife was watching her mothers cat that he absolutely hated.  He came home one night after a call and the cat was waiting behind the door for him and immediately pounced on his leg, attaching itself quite well.  He's in the kitchen, dancing around, screaming, kicking the cat against the cupboards trying in vain to get it's teeth and claws out of his leg, when his wife yells out of the bedroom "you better not be kicking my mother's cat!!!!!!"  He answers, "no hunny, of course not"  We played him a song at the Christmas party that year that would also suit you perfect Carl............Cat scratch fever.... laugh
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 2:21am »

OMG!!!!!!!!! This is one of the greatest posts I have ever read..............I wonder if the cat was half Pit Bull........Thanks to you I have spilled my coffee all over myself...made me scream with laughter
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 2:26am »

What's with the orange cats...? Sad I've met another crazy orange cat back in London. It was one nutcase! I'm so glad that that one didn't figure out how to get into my house, though. But great that the owner was a responsible one. Smiley

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 11:08am »

on Jan 15th, 2006, 2:26am, sandie99 wrote:
What's with the orange cats...? Sad I've met another crazy orange cat back in London. It was one nutcase! I'm so glad that that one didn't figure out how to get into my house, though. But great that the owner was a responsible one. Smiley

Sanna

Hey, our orange cat Hoppy is a gem.  We adopted him as a stray after he showed up at the edge of the woods with a broken back leg.  He was emaciated, and could hardly move.  I was going to shoot him to put him out of his misery but didn't because our dog warmed up to him immediately.

We built him a little hut, reset his leg and nursed him back to health on our porch.   We thought he would return home on his own, but ended up adopting him and bringing him indoors before winter.

I think he was raised with/by dogs because he thinks he is a dog.  Greets people at the door, demands attention from everyone, lays in the middle of the floor like a dog and talks constantly with what can only be likened to a duck quack.  

Our female cat Mitzy absolutely hates him and he happily ignores her even when she thumps him in the head just for walking past her.  He and the dog play constantly while Mitzy just gives him a "what an a$$hole" look.

Don't dis organge cats.  Wink

Tom  
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 11:30am »

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with in the log woods in E Texas, a big Yankee fellow with a high opinion of himself. He won the toughman contest and considered himself a bad ass. He was going to his outbuilding one day after work barefooted, as he was stepping up into the building a half grown kitten bit him on the tendon on his ankle. Festered up pretty bad and layed him up for a couple of weeks, damn near lost his foot from the infection. We gave him hell for months for getting his ass kicked by a wittle bitty puddy cat...................
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 12:07pm »

When I was a kid, I had a tabby that was nice and playful as anything... Then one day it snapped, and attached itself to the webbing between my thumb and forefinger with it's front claws digging into my forearm, and it's back claws shredding my forearm and bicep.  I tried flinging it off, pulling it off, prying it's mouth open... Nothing would get this cat to let go until my dad bashed it upside the head with a 2X4.  Damn thing ran off at full speed, and was never heard from again.  A year later, the cat's son did the exact same thing, but was smart enough to let go before getting bashed.  Never saw that one again either.

PFDAN........................................ Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 1:44pm »

Has anyone ever noticed how much like people cats are???

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 1:48pm »

on Jan 15th, 2006, 11:08am, burnt-toast wrote:

Don't dis organge cats.  Wink

Tom  

Tom, I'm so glad that your orange cat is a great one. Smiley
I am convinced that there are wonderful cats in all colors, just that the orange cats I've met have been strange - that made me wonder about them.

Any pics of your pet...?  Wink

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 2:49pm »

sometimes Cat's react to the moon... I know that the Lunar Equinox... is a tempermental time... MENTAL IS DEFINATELY HIGHLIGHTED HERE.  Cat's are just way too weird for me... and though I have 2 I never trust them... Carl put some Neosporin on those wounds keep em clean or you could get Cat scratch fever... a real syndrome.... better hope that kitty was a clean one..... love to you Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:38pm »

Cat bites are HIGHLY infectuous cuz of the bacteria in there mouths to combat the nasty stuff they kill and eat in the wild....so be careful with that.....most do get infected if deep enuff no matter how clean the cat or temperment or condition. My friend just had blood tests done for RA.....they told her she had cat scratch fever antibodies runnin thru her and had apparently been scratched recently to cause it. She has a nice house cat that plays rough. With how much I love cats and carry some of the house cats around on my shoulder all the time and get scratched I should be a 'cat scratch fever' poster child. Hot cat flashes Pam

I have an outside ferile cat with a hunk of shit stuck to hit's long hair'd ass the size of a baseball. Anyone know the cure for that one ?? I sure the hell don't want bit tryin to catch it.....it is a big cat too ! Beautiful long hair with a melting 'now refrozen' shit wad that is all over the other outside cats too it sleeps with. Can you come over and help me catch that one Carl ??? Dam.....hate to let it go but talk about the grossest thing I ever saw !!! When it runs from me and stops to look back it's heavy shit ball'd ass raises it's hind quarters up into the air off the ground about 6 inches. Bazaar !!!!  Tongue

PS: Am wonderin if that cat that got into your house was a strickly inside cat that snuck out and got scared then freaked and enter'd the wrong house freakin it out even more. I had a big orange HUGE cat years ago that would be fine one minute then stare at you and eyes dialate and start SCREAMING and swatting and attacking !! Had had it fixed then back to be declawed and it freaked out with the second trip back to the vets and gave it a tranquillizer before I went but it didn't work quite rite. So it flipped out totally tryin to catch it knocking us down and running ! We got a laundry basket over it and it freaked and jumped up and knocked Brad off cuz he was holding it down ! Cat was never the same after that.......real heckle and jeckle. Would wake up in the morning wit the cat stareing at me and I'd say 'hi' to him and his eyes would dialate and he'd go into a rage and slam and wham around under the bed for NO reason. Once he was in the window and started to go into nuther rage like that when someone looked at him and the screen let go and he fell out !!! He became our new outside cat !!! But he simmer'd down sum outside. He was at one time 27 lbs !!!
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2006, 6:45pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 12:15am »

Orange Tabbys are all male.......hmmmmmm?????

Male and freaking out......hmmmmmmmm??????

Lips Sealed Shocked Smiley Grin
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 6:39am »

Carl--I would never wish the attack on anyone--but I still think that your original post was one of the funniest things I have ever read !
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:46am »

on Jan 15th, 2006, 2:49pm, Ree wrote:
sometimes Cat's react to the moon...

I hope this is my cat's problem!  On Friday, he all out attacked my arm.  I'll have to post the pic at some point, but I have about 10 bite/scratch marks on each arm...right arm being the worst as that's the one he all out wrapped his paws around and attacked.  Normally, I don't flip out on him, but he wouldn't quit biting and I yelled "GET HIM THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"  My boyfriend scopped him up and pushed him out the bedroom door.  Then it took some pressure to stop all the bleeding from the flipping cuts he gave me.

So what's with the cats these days?!?!  haha  I do think mine is teething, which may be why he's so psychotic.  I moved his litter box, food and water out of my room though because I need to sleep without being attacked!

Carl....hope you're getting over the cat attack...  sounds like it would have been quite a show!  hehe

Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #18 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 10:04am »

shoot it
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #19 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 3:22pm »

Orange Tabby fajitas MMMMMMmmmmmmmm Grin
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 7:28pm »

Awwww ffffffuuuuuuuuuu.....

Now y'all got me buggin' out. I have been sick alot since September (3 bad colds with fever) and just started my 4th cold for the season last Friday. Methinks it has been a combo of things (mass sleep deprivation, erratic weather, etc). Then I read about cat scratch fever and now I'm all paranoid! It would be my luck. So, called the Doc and getting some antibiotics tomorrow - but still think the weather may be the culprit. Snowed friday a bit mega cold, was in the 50's today, now raining and snow on the way again. But not taking any chances. Getting the anti's tomorrow and hoping it does the trick.  

Quote:
Can you come over and help me catch that one Carl ???

Sorry Coots - yer on your own. It appears my battles have just begun.  I was going to ask my neighbor how her cat was doing, until I saw the big mangy ass fucker on my back porch yesterday playing with a cute lil black grey striped cat. Apparently he has spread the word about the 'cat mangler' and has begun amassing an army to come after me. When my brother gave me a ride home a bit ago, there was yet ANOTHER cat at my back door! WTF? He just laughed and said 'there's another one waiting for you.'  

Quote:
Carl--I would never wish the attack on anyone--but I still think that your original post was one of the funniest things I have ever read !

In hindsight, I can only imagine how I looked rasslin' with that critter. I am very hyper anyway, even when I am laid back so when I freak - oh man - I lose it!!! I was running around yelling, grabbing this and that and once the cat pounced me... it's no wonder my neighbor kept tabs on me that night, LMAO! I can only imagine the look on my face carrying that cat down the steps shaking and freaking out!  

Damn Carrie, sorry to hear your feline attacked you also. Be sure to treat every scratch, as I hadn't realized the cat got a claw through my pants, got my leg and since I didn't notice it right off the bat - it got infected.  

If I did get 'Cat Scratch Fever' it does fall in with one line in the song:
"...I got it from the pu$$y next door!"

So... does anyone have any good suggestions of anything I could like spray around my front and back porch to keep these madcats away? I knew we had alot of gangs in my 'hood, but didn't realize "The Mad Pu$$ycats" was one of them. Sheesh!

Kitty-Whipped,
Carl
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2006, 7:29pm by Carl_D » IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:00pm »

Aggreesion can happen if a kitten or cat doesn't learn to control it thru playfulness from the mom ........learnin when to do it and when NOT TO......it could of been an orphan or sumthin tramatic hapeen to it as a kitten or cat or mistreated by other cats or people mentally or physically.....there are actually signs of 'play aggression' ya can notice in advance to try and correct it as soon as ya notice it is goin onto that MODE.. Here's sum info I have saved and copied about working with the aggressive play cat or kitten that's a problem with people or other pets. It is actually an instinct they have that is MIXED UP for sum reason in this cat and sumthing kittens and cats love to do when appropriate......they mite even do it from jealousy or if there pissed off and carry a grudge (spoiled cats CAN do that....trust me I know !!!) Or they can be so stressed they freak out and go off like a temper tantrum or rage. Some kittens are mistreated badly by kids and they tend to become extremly stressed and develope bad behavior problems also....animals can have mental issues too !! But I suspect this cat may of just never LEARNED to control his urge with aggression play. Anyhow.....here's the info on one way to maybe work around it and change the cat. I have done THIS before myself. I love animal phycology...........here it is in short..........

****Behavioral modication of unacceptable play-aggression involves "startling" the kitten early in the sequence of premonatory signals that indicate impending inappropriate rough, aggressive play. When a suitable response to such counter conditioning is achieved, then follow it with gentle petting and treats...hopefully to encourage more play activity that is appropriately gentle and subdued.****

What it means is if the cat starts to go into this mode to scream at it or do whatever to "SCARE it" just as it is IN THE ACT or starting up.......if that makes sense ? I have caught my cats doin this to other cats in the house or a person and they didn't know I was watching and I knew the signs of course.....I tossed a paperback book or paper towel tube or wacked the tube on the wall just as the cat went into the MODE (that scares the shit outa em).......or some say have a can with pennies and SHAKE it at the rite moment.....or spray it with water and yell.....whatever. Yer tradeing one abnormal act for anouther......in the cats mind it will learn to associate sooner or later that it is not a good time to act like that and needs to be knocked down a few levels so to speak with the aggressive behavior and be aware YOU can overpower it quickly that way....(sorry if that don't make sense). It will learn RESPECT ! Then ya get out a dish of a 'little bit' of special can'd food or treat or whatever and set out and talk nice once the situation is over. Sounds odd but you are replaceing feelings of pleasure over the aggression mode esp if there is a certain time it does it. If the animal is WORTH saveing and keeping as your pet this is a good way to go about it......otherwise it will continue to keep the over aggreession mode at the wrong times as a temperment issue unsolved or even understood by you or the cat. Either that or he HATES you ?? I can throw a mean slipper in this house or whatever I can get my hands on throwable and I can toss one around a corner if need be to stop somethin before it starts....my pets KNOW what the word "NO means leme tell ya. I am QUEEN COOTIE Pam  

I know I know I know.....suma you are gonna say OH GOOD GRIEF jus pitch the dam thing outside or get rid of it. So read this with a grain of salt those that think that way........and carry on.............

PS: Carl....that cat sounds like a real mean son of a bitch.....I love cats but I do NOT like strays that are mean and mangey or screw stuff up....like spraying all over !!! I think I would toss a bucket of water on that cat everytime it got near my door but ya'd have to do it sneaky like so it did not see YOU gettin read to do it. If that don't work everytime it gets CLOSE to yer door after what happen'd throw sumthin at it and YELL at the same time it hits the cat. I will learn to be afraid of you......I got rid of a stray big tom cat comein round here sprayin on everything and around my front door (could smell it in the house)......it was stalkin my ferile females (joy joy) so two weeks ago it met Mr BeeBee gun. I am a pretty good shot and started sneakin around the back of the house and get it in good range and blast it. Not goin to really HURT it but it sure the hell ran. Got it twice and not seen it since. It knows I mean business..........
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:07pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 8:44am »

Carl,

The cat scratch fever is real obvious....very swollen glands.  And not just kinda swollen like with allergies or a cold...really swollen.  I don't believe there really is a treatment for the cat scratch fever.

The bites on the other hand...a cat bite may get infected by looking like a swollen red area that can go so far as to turn into an abscess (sp?).  Treatment at that point is Augmentin...which is an amoxicillin relative, I think....  Wink

Everyone at work keeps asking me what my cat did to my arms..  LOL  I came home this morning and found a few shredded napkins and a placemat on the floor.  Only in the past couple of days has he learned how to scale the counter from the dining room table (neither of which is he allowed on...)...  so now he's getting into all kinds of trouble!  He is, however, still shut out of my room while I'm trying to sleep...at least until he gets declawed. Smiley

Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 9:30am »

So... does anyone have any good suggestions of anything I could like spray around my front and back porch to keep these madcats away?

Pellets from a pellet gun.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss