Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 5:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A mini vacation... Almost... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   A mini vacation... Almost...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A mini vacation... Almost...  (Read 1056 times)
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

A mini vacation... Almost...
« on: Aug 16th, 2006, 4:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Looks like I'm gonna be off werk for the next four nights... Doctor's orders... And no... It's not related to clusters... Here's the story:

On Monday, I ran my wife around so she could complete some errands (she doesn't drive).  After runnin' around, we all went back to her place and made up some wings on the grill (If you haven't had hot wings on the grill, ya don't know what you're missin'.  Almost worth all the trouble flippin' all those little pieces of arse burnin' goodness).  My littlest one wouldn't stop runnin' out the door every time we'd open it for any reason, and the last time, I decided to run after him (his favorite game is chase.  He's a cute little fella)... Just barely got started after him, when I feel a pop in my calf muscle, and a burning, cramping pain.  I had absolutely no idea what happened... I mean, I've always been a little too good hurtin' myself from falling wrong, or getting hit bad in football, or even twisting my ankle, but all I was doin' this time was running (Damned old age).  After that, any time I'd take a step, my calf would cramp up, and my whole leg felt weak, and after a bit, it swelled up, so I spent the next ~30 hours stayin' off it as much as possible, elevating it, icin' it... The whole bit ya know...

Get up to get ready for werk Tuesday night... No swelling, no noticeable pain unless I put too much weight on the toes of of my right foot, but I could walk well enough to get around, so I go to werk.  It didn't take too long at werk before I realized I'd made a mistake... The longer the night went, the more pain, weakness, and swelling I got from it, and after lunch, I noticed that my whole leg had started to stiffen up (prolly the excessive limping I'd been dealin' with for hours before lunch was stressing the joints in my leg too much).  Ended up goin' home after lunch, babied my leg for the rest of the night, got the swelling back down and the pain down to a constant throb, and saw my GP first thing in the morning (After diggin' up enough change to pay for the co-pay on the visit).

The doc checked out my leg, took my story, sent me to the Radiology lab of the hospital to have a venous doppler done (No clots thank the gods), and diagnosed it as a ruptured muscle.  I've been ordered to stay off my leg as much as possible for the next four days (Yeah right... The beer ain't gonna drink itself, and I can't move my bed to the kitchen 'til my leg heals).

Ya know... I could understand gettin' an injury like this if I was out of shape, but I'm on my feet at least 8 hours a night, 5 nights a week, sometimes runnin' around like a bloody loon.  Maybe it's about time for this old man to start ridin' around in one of them little motorized scooters they advertise for the mobility impaired.  What'd ya think... Maybe some flames on the sides... A set of longhorns on the front... Some chrome pipes in the back... And don't forget the mind rattling soundsystem... Where'd ya put the fuzzy dice on something like that though... Tongue

PFDAN.................................................. ShadowLrd
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Melissa

Email

Re: A mini vacation... Almost...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 16th, 2006, 4:20pm, ShadowLord wrote:
Where'd ya put the fuzzy dice on something like that though... Tongue

Why right from the horns of course! Grin

Sorry bout yer being laid up Drk, want me ta shoot ya like they do to lame horses?? Wink

(now you know i'd never do that! Tongue)

hugs,
Smileymelly
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 4:27pm »

on Aug 16th, 2006, 4:20pm, ShadowLord wrote:
(Yeah right... The beer ain't gonna drink itself, and I can't move my bed to the kitchen 'til my leg heals).

I love this guy.....LOL Grin

Hey, do they really call it "Lunch" if its at night?....Hmmmmm...LOL
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 4:41pm »

on Aug 16th, 2006, 4:26pm, Melissa wrote:
Sorry bout yer being laid up Drk, want me ta shoot ya like they do to lame horses?? Wink

(now you know i'd never do that! Tongue)

Yeah... Sure...  You're prolly busy gettin' your gun sighted in right now, ain't ya?  Tongue

on Aug 16th, 2006, 4:27pm, Jonny wrote:
Hey, do they really call it "Lunch" if its at night?....Hmmmmm...LOL

Yeah they do... Go figure 'eh?  I prefer to call it "That half an hour I don't get paid for, but have nothing better to do than sit around and smoke in the break room"... Lunch tends to be easier to say though.  LOL

PFDAN................................................ ShadowLrd
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 9:08pm »

Okay... I do believe that I werk for morons... Now get this... If I'm sick, and miss 4 or more days of werk, all I need is a doctor's excuse prior to returning to werk, but... Because I have an injury, and have been ordered off werk for the next four days, I have to have my doc fill out a leave of absence form, even though I have a doc excuse already filled out by my doc.  The funny thing about it all... I have to drive to werk, get the form, drive back to the town I live in (I live ~12 miles from werk), have the doc fill out the form, drive back to my werk to drop off the form, then drive home... Oh yeah... Did I mention that my injury is on my right leg, and the cruise control is busted in my van?  LOL

PFDAN............................................... ShadowLrd
IP Logged

Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 9:15pm »

this might be a stupidly obvious question (or obviously stupid - take your pick) but...um... can't your work peeps fax the form to your doctor peeps, get it filled out and faxed back?  Considering the circumstances (and for the safety of the other drivers), wouldn't they accept a faxed signature instead of an original just this one time?

Sorry you're hurtin, Kenn.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 9:18pm »

Prolly Margi... But then again... They're morons, so they prolly don't know how to fax... Tongue

PFDAN................................................... ShadowLrd
IP Logged

Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 9:29pm »

well, maybe call your doc in the morning and get them to initiate it?  

although....if you DO drive, you could make the injury worse and end up getting your doc to prescribe MORE time off for you.  While you're out then, get some wheels for your beer fridge. Wink
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 10:04pm »

I've been thinkin' that I need one of those dorm fridges sittin' right between my bed and my 'puter desk... They fit a case of beer very nicely... Not that I would know or anything...

PFDAN....................................................... ShadowLrd
IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 11:35pm »

Maybe you could get a little vacuum robot and customize it to a refrigerator robot for beer delivery.

Sorry about the calf.  That sucks.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 11:48pm »

My Roomba won't talk to me since I tried to make it vacuum the sidewalk... How was I supposed to know that it isn't supposed to be used to vacuum up snow?

PFDAN............................................... ShadowLrd
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 12:07am »

Years ago my doc told me that when the muscles get overworked stressed or tired the tendons have to take up the stress of the motion and that can cause problems if ya overdo it and they tighen or swell or tear.....but for a muscle to burst.......cripes !!!! Did ya jump up too quick or move to quick in a BLURR to cause that......do you know Superman or Spiderman Pam  Grin

Seems once ya stop movein it all swells up and goes to hell.......enjoy the down time !
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 12:20am »

awwww its a night of accidents and ailments.... barb now you too...well take advantage of the time on the ole couch and watch some Lifetime movies..... it'll keep ya up to date on wives killin their spouses and takin over the planet..... yahhhhhhh I love Lifetime..... get better soon     ree
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2006, 12:21am by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 1:22am »

If you act really pathetic, maybe someone'll get the beer for you--and don't forget the peanuts, eh?  Then you won't even have to walk away from the teevee to go to the kitchen.  

You can get some mileage out of this.  

I mean, how often do you really rack yourself up?  No sense in wasting it.  You could live like a pasha for the next four days if you play your cards right.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 2:10am »

That'd be a good idea George... Except I'm the only in this rat trap, and I'm gettin' tired of tellin' myself to get me a beer... Because then I start complaining about not appreciating myself, and not being a maid.  Then I end up having to remind myself that I pay the bills, so I deserve a little me time... Finally, I find myself sleepin' on the couch with too much me time and gettin' my own beer... And don't even get me started on how much I end up having to spend on flowers for myself to dig myself out of that hole.  It just ain't worth it...

IP Logged

Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 5:30am »

Quote:
Posted by: ShadowLord Posted on: Today at 9:14am  
That'd be a good idea George... Except I'm the only in this rat trap, and I'm gettin' tired of tellin' myself to get me a beer... Because then I start complaining about not appreciating myself, and not being a maid.  Then I end up having to remind myself that I pay the bills, so I deserve a little me time... Finally, I find myself sleepin' on the couch with too much me time and gettin' my own beer... And don't even get me started on how much I end up having to spend on flowers for myself to dig myself out of that hole.  It just ain't worth it...  

crackup crackup crackup
Sorry you are hurting Kenn.  Get well soon.

PS: I think it would be in order if you spoil yourself with a bunch of flowers, you may then be able to get the beers from the fridge without so much complaining.  Nothing like being appreciated. Wink
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 7:42am »

I've decided my employer can go to hell... At least for today... Don't feel like drivin' all that much today... Later I may call personnel and verify the their policy on the LOA requirement.  I remembered another reason why the whole LOA thing is such bullshit... My doc charges $15 to have LOA forms filled out.  I had to dig up extra change just to afford to pay the co-pay on the office visit... I have no clue how I'll be able to pay for the LOA.  Oh well... I'll worry more about that after I talk to my employer and find out more info.

PFDAN.................................................. ShadowLrd
IP Logged

alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

« Reply #17 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 10:22am »

on Aug 17th, 2006, 2:10am, ShadowLord wrote:

when your arguing with yourself like this do you have to take yourself out to dinner so you can get laid?
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 10:28am »

on Aug 17th, 2006, 10:22am, alchemy wrote:

when your arguing with yourself like this do you have to take yourself out to dinner so you can get laid?

He's even got a built-in excuse if things go sour--he can tell himself not tonight, because he has a headache.

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 7:25pm »

on Aug 17th, 2006, 10:22am, alchemy wrote:

Been there... Done that... Doesn't work... I'm startin' to think I'm just a tease...

PFDAN.................................................... shadowLrd
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 9:16pm »

Sounds un-fun

Now is your chance to get one of those electric wheelchairs. You'll need it for all the midnight lunch trips for beer anyway

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 9:31pm »

I've been practicing my telekinesis... Not workin' too well though...  Gettin' the beer is fine, but excretin' it is makin' a mess all over the place...

PFDAN................................................................... . ShadowLrd
IP Logged

Paul98

Email

« Reply #22 on: Aug 17th, 2006, 9:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shad-

Sorry your laid up.  Must say though, this has to be one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time.  Glad you can keep a sense of humor.

Wishing you a fast recovery.

-P.
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Aug 18th, 2006, 12:19am »

What funny?  I'm bein' serious...  Oops... Gotta go... I'm complainin' about bein' neglected again... Damn... I'm just too needy at times... After I go to sleep, I'll try to sneak back online...

PFDAN................................................... ShadowLrd
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 18th, 2006, 1:49am »

on Aug 17th, 2006, 9:31pm, ShadowLord wrote:
Gettin' the beer is fine, but excretin' it is makin' a mess all over the place...

While you're laid up, save yourself a trip.  Get the beer, pour it in the toilet .. It gets rid of the middle man ..  It also might be neater ..

Chuck

(who is also out of work with torn ligaments in my knee)
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss