Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 2:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Well, So Far.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Well, So Far....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Well, So Far....  (Read 318 times)
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Well, So Far....
« on: Dec 14th, 2006, 9:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I got moved to Lincoln, went pretty smoothly. Got about 90% unpacked, and I'm piggybacking off an unsecured wireless connection until Friday, when the cable guy gets here.

I knew I'd be busy with this new job, but wow! I could tell after 3 days it is much bigger than I thought. The guy that is working with me doesn't have the slightest clue as to how much business this is gonna be. I can see exactly how much it's gonna be, and I've got about 6 years more experience than he does at this. The days are flying by, and so far I've been keeping up, but I can see we are gonna need some major help soon. Like now. LOL.

This is a nice little town, it's quiet, and I only live a half a mile from work. In fact, everything is so close, when I get in my truck and drive somewhere, I can't even finish a cigarette before I get there. And I don't have time to take a break, so I've been smoking less, although I wish I could open the window I sit next to and have an ashtray on my desk. I'd be chain smoking.  smokin

Just making a few adjustments, and I have to go get my cat. I think she thinks I've abandoned her, poor thing. Maybe this weekend.

So far, everything is about whet I expected. And the great thing is the plant is closed from Dec 22 til Jan 3rd for Christmas. So, I'm off too, paid. I think I'm gonna like this.  Grin

I hope the cable guy gets here sooner than later tomorrow... I hate not being online.

Happy Holidays everyone, in case I don't get to say it later.  Smiley
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

Re: Well, So Far....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 10:01pm »

Hey Chris.  It sounds as if the move went pretty smoothly.  Small towns can provide a wonderful lifestyle.  Just be extra nice to your cat when you get her--she'll forgive you in no time.  Hurry up and get that cable hooked up, and happy holidays to you. Grin

patk
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 10:11pm »

So glad you are getting settled in.  Sounds like the perks with this new job are pretty cherry!

I know I have some nice ones with mine, but in some ways I wish it would translate in to higher paychecks instead.  

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
HeadhurtinMama
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll be just peachy when it quits hurting!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 10:37pm »

Chris,

Welcome to small town central IL!  Enjoy your shutdown!  And you will have to try Gizzardo's, my husbands family raves about it!

Bridget
IP Logged

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
Wake me up when September ends
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 11:20pm »

Chris,

Glad you made it safe, how big was that truck? LOL

Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 5:17am »

Chris,
Happy Holidays!
I hope that everything will continue going nicely and smoothy. Smiley

Best wishes,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:44am »

Grin Grin Sounds like your settling in nicely, Hell Criss, I've been in Augusta almost 9 months and I still haven't got that settled.
   Hope you enjoy the new enviorment and prosper from it all!  But for goodness sake, "Quit Smoking!"  
LOL! Nothing like and ex-smoker preaching ehhh!
          Pappy

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss