Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 5:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « With that pain you will try anything...try this »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   With that pain you will try anything...try this
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: With that pain you will try anything...try this  (Read 1308 times)
hopefullyhelpfull
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

With that pain you will try anything...try this
« on: Dec 17th, 2006, 7:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Now i'm not saying this will work for everyone, but here in the UK they fob you off with some tablet that wont even digest before this pain is making me wish i was dead, you all know the one, otherwise you would not be reading this, i am posting it because it worked for me 98% and still to this day, it seems to work faster than oxygen, for me at least, although.. thanks to the uk NHS even that, had to be aquired elswhere...anyway you know that feeling you get in the side of your head like one is coming on, very much like a punch to the head i find it, but a hard one,and the feeling like someone is trying to squeeze your eyeball, just before the real pain begins, get to a shower or somewhere you can blast freezing cold water over the affected side, now this might seem easy, but you want that water freezing it isnt long before your body gets cold so wrap a towel around yourself, you could be there a little while, as soon as i felt that initial tingle of a headache i took  3 fizzy pain releif tablets in coke (The bubbles make it flow through your system faster)....then off to the shower stick my head in and blast my head for about 5 minutes maybe longer, the pain would be copeable at least, my attacks have certainly decreased, i still get the occasional shadow and flicker of pain, my history of these attacks is pretty brutal, but since i started doing this i dont even use the tablets anymore,just freezing water, if it doesnt work for you i am truly sorry, but i had to post this, as i honestly beleive that the pain you suffer is horrendous,i would say, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy but i would be lying...but truthfull, anyway give it a whirl,with that pain you should at least try, the best you'll get is wet....quick story seen as i'm up...was walking today by a small beach on the gower peninsula in wales,breathtaking scenery, the waves crashing, the wind blowing the grasses, a beutifull scene and as i walked up on the cliff path, there in front of me was an old man painting with all the equipment,paint, thermos flask, ugly wife,and i thought to myself....why have they all got ugly wives.....no, i thought, nice day to paint and as i past them i glanced round to have a look at his picture, My jaw dropped it was awsome, the colours, the texture the simple simplicity of it, oh and the fact it was a picture of the bloody Eiffel Tower UndecidedAnyway good luck to you all with your pain,have a great festive period,all the best to you
A
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: With that pain you will try anything...try thi
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 7:48pm »

Welcome to ch.com. If you wouldn't mind, could you copy and paste your post and insert some paragraph breaks then repost as a reply to the original thread? I find big, solid blocks of text unreadable - they make my eyes go batty.

Thanks.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
hopefullyhelpfull
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:00pm »

HEY HEY Thanks brewcrew certainly will..........your great mind....everyone thinks so.......just ask....who thinks brewcrew is great Roll Eyes
cause while your sat there marking my punctuation down someone out there might be getting a little bit of advice which will one day save them from smashing there skulls with pain so please,unless its constructive,let people assume your an idiot, rather than you touch a keyboard and confirm it for us,now please,think positive.as superman says....was just trying to help
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:07pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 7:19pm, hopefullyhelpfull wrote:
you can blast freezing cold water over the affected side,

I think this is the idea why an icepack could be used while a slower med like a n/s trex can kick in.  

Quote:
so please,unless its constructive,let people assume your an idiot, rather than you touch a keyboard and confirm it for us,now please,think positive.as superman says....

Nice to see your own constructive positiveness is not even skin deep.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:29pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:14pm »

Commuications 101

Step #1: Make sure people will actually take the time to read what you write.

Step #2: Think.

Step #3: Lose the attitude.

Step #4: Write.

Go back to step #1, my friend.
IP Logged

ax

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

refereeWhoa...

Chill  

out  

hope.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:16pm »

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:41pm »

Advice on cold water/showers, ice packs, sucking cold air from an air conditioning vent, etc. have been posted hundreds of times since this board started but thanks for reminding everyone, especially the new folks just looking for information for the first time.

P.S. Mouthing off to the veterans here won’t get you very far.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: With that pain you will try anything...try th
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 1:22am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 7:48pm, brewcrew wrote:
Welcome to ch.com. If you wouldn't mind, could you copy and paste your post and insert some paragraph breaks then repost as a reply to the original thread? I find big, solid blocks of text unreadable - they make my eyes go batty.

Thanks.

Thanks Bill. I couldn't read it either, it didn't make sense to me, just one long sentence. 3 fizzy pain tablets? WTF? The bubbles get it into your system faster? Hmmm, never heard that one before.

Do you even get clusterheadaches?  

Quote:
HEY HEY Thanks brewcrew certainly will..........your great mind....everyone thinks so.......just ask....who thinks brewcrew is great Roll Eyes
cause while your sat there marking my punctuation down someone out there might be getting a little bit of advice which will one day save them from smashing there skulls with pain so please,unless its constructive,let people assume your an idiot, rather than you touch a keyboard and confirm it for us,now please,think positive.as superman says....was just trying to help

I think brewcrew is pretty cool, and so does everyone else here. He was being constructive, and I am too... Long rambling posts are almost impossible to read. Paragraphs are a good thing.

Bob G, you got it right on the button.

hopefullyhelpful... thanks for the advice, I think that's what you were trying to post... Why don't you tell us about your headaches? There is a bunch of info in the buttons to the left of this page. You may want to read up a bit.  

One good thing about this board, is while someone is posting a reply, someone else could still be reading the original. Thanks for stopping by.
IP Logged

George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 3:26am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 8:00pm, hopefullyhelpfull wrote:

You're off to a great start--between this post and the reply to Steph's thread at the top of this board on your very first day here.

IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 9:56am »

Did anyone notice how he kept saying "YOUR" pain, not our pain or my pain?  And I had a hard time reading the post too.  In what grade do you learn punctuations and paragraphs?  1st or 2nd?
IP Logged

UN solved

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well...I've definately heard of dumber things. His suggestion may actually help someone, someday. I wish someone here would've thought about applying cold or hot compresses to our heads.  Roll Eyes  But...At least he's not trying to send us to cellphonesRus.com so he can make a buck.  Wink

Don't worry ppl ... BrewCrew is gonna make it !!

PF Wishes all

UNsolved  Cool

IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: With that pain you will try anything...try th
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:30am »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 1:22am, purpleydog wrote:
I think brewcrew is pretty cool,  

Aw, golly gosh, gee willickers (hands in pockets, looking downward). Now you're makin' me blush, Chris.
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:18pm »

NO.  Brewcrew is WAYYYYYY cool.
  Can I have some Wisconsin custard now since I said that Bill?

As someone else has said the cold air/water/ etc has been posted on this and all of the different boards from almost day one of this site.  A newcomer would have to be blind not to see that reccomendation somewhere here.  

When I found this place back in 1998, I read for several months before I ever posted.   Wink

You may indeed have been wanting to be helpful, but your comment about "OUR" Stephanie on another thread will NOT endear you to us at all... or ever.  It was rude, it was mean and it had nothing to do with whatever you were talking about anyway.  Angry
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:32pm »

I'm not reading the post. I wish folks wouldn't write posts that are as long as novel.  
So what was this person trying to say, in 3 lines or less??

Jeff " It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"B
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:35pm »

1. try dunking your head under freezing water.

2. It helped him.

3.  Must act as a preventative to hear him talk too.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:37pm »

One more thing, stay quiet for a while and read more. Brew is a  great guy and so is Steph. Well Steph is not a guy but a great gal......do people still say gal?  
Anyway, be a smarter and think before you post.
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
hopefullyhelpfull
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #17 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 2:04pm »

Ok, ok
point taken and noted,first post and all that,I can only offer my sincere apology to anyone offended Embarassed
My history of these isnt important,my advice could be, if it helps one person it's worth the stick i get for bad punctuation and long posts
I do have to say that it wasnt a case of dunk your head in cold water, it had to be a shower head,ice packs worked, but to slow, water was quicker,cold water,freezes the side of the head and the induvidual shower jets cool different veins,and was also great at pain releif to the eye,i found anyway.
Carbonated alcohol gets faster to your brain,
Carbonated pain killer does exactly the same,

Its why redbull works, it has taurine and caffeine and is carbonated,so fast acting.
I kept saying your pain as i have been free of these for 3 years now,after suffering for 15 i do not consider myself a victim of these anymore(maybe false hope but at least its hope)
anyway i'm off now,wont be back for a while hopefully, my advice given if not greatly presented,
can i just add if anyone is going surfing down the gower later give me a shout,share a car save the planet,we all live on it for now......so think on,peace Grin

IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 2:17pm »

I'll stick with my ice packs and cold ice watered cloths.  
Little JeffB would hate me if I exposed him to a cold shower or bath, you know, shrinkage and all Grin
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 2:54pm »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 2:04pm, hopefullyhelpfull wrote:
My history of these isnt important,my advice could be

It could - if you have CH. What "fizzy pills" exactly was it that worked for you??
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #20 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 3:18pm »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 2:54pm, LeLimey wrote:

It could - if you have CH. What "fizzy pills" exactly was it that worked for you??

My bet - Alka Seltzer.
IP Logged

alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 3:25pm »

i took a fizzy pill once back in 71, had no affect on me. Wait maybe it was 69 no no 72 no 69 or was it 70
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #22 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 3:28pm »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 3:25pm, alchemy wrote:
i took a fizzy pill once back in 71, had no affect on me. Wait maybe it was 69 no no 72 no 69 or was it 70

You're supposed to drop them in water first, doofus. Grin
IP Logged

alchemy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

get out of my head

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 3:31pm »

Water thats where i went wrong. Maybe that explains why i don't take a piss i take a pizz.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #24 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 3:37pm »

Even after all these years?

That's some potent fizz pills.  Shocked
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss