Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 9:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hypochondriac PC Clusterheads »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hypochondriac PC Clusterheads
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hypochondriac PC Clusterheads  (Read 1352 times)
floridian

Email

Hypochondriac PC Clusterheads
« on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The word is about all you hypochondriacs that think that someone elses perfume is going to hurt you.  You are PC. Your agenda is to control other people.  

Fortunately, people with 'common sense' have discovered your plot, and have labeled you to be PC.  No further thought on this matter is needed - there is no sense trying to reason with a politically correct person.  The Perfume Posse has your number, and you are going down.  

Quote:
'Zone people' seem to be everywhere these days. Some churches set aside a few pews as aroma-free zones for believers who use no perfume, cologne or other scents. In the United Kingdom, GM-free zones ban genetically modified food.

Political Correctness Watch
http://pcwatch.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_pcwatch_archive.html

Quote:
You know, I’m a sensitive person to other’s comfort, I really am. I don’t care what those people say about me that know me. If someone found a particular perfume I wore to be nauseating, and we had to be in close proximity for any bit of time during the day, I would stop wearing it. I know I should be a little less cynical about this “perfume allergy” thing, but even the expert in the article says it’s a myth.

Okay, I’ll hush now and crawl back under my sensitive rock.

Quote:
And how about my grave condition? I feel incredibly sick, I am shaking and have seisures when I do NOT wear perfume. What about someone like me? Don’t we deserve a recognition?

Seriously though, this anti-perfume policy makes me hopping mad. The right to wear perfume should be put in constitution.

ARRRRRHHHH!

Quote:
#

I just roll my eyes whenever someone says they are “allergic” to perfume. Unless it’s an overpowering stench, they need to just deal with it.

Life is way too short not to enjoy beautiful things like fragrance.

Hugs!

http://perfumeposse.com/2006/01/31/lets-ban-people-who-also-give-me-a-he adache/

Quote:
Political Correctness is a bullet aimed at the very heart of our mores, our culture, ourtraditional values. ...
And out there in the “free” world we find that smokers can only smoke in a controlled environment which is gradually diminishing. Women cannot wear their perfume under certain conditions. Fifty people cannot have peanut butter because one individual is allergic.

http://www.webcommentary.com/asp/ShowArticle.asp?id=haddadg&date=051 023

So please stop all the whining about fragrance being a trigger - whatever you think that means.  If we are going to send the one in fifty kids with a peanut allergy into allergic spasms, we sure aren't going to stop hundreds of people from wearing perfume so that one in a thousand of you clusterheads can avoid headaches that you think are caused by our rights to wear perfume (or 'elective fragrances', as you PC monkeys call it).  

What you gonna do?  Run crying to Mama HR?  Find a sleazebag lawyer to protect your 'rights' ?  Ha.  We are the anti-PC movement, and we rule!!  
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Hypochondriac PC Clusterheads
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Strong perfumes are a trigger for me. What do I do about it, you ask? Walk away. Remove myself from the situation.

I wish the whinney anti-smokers that "claim" to be allergic to smoke would do the same when I light up.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Paul98

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:49pm »

Nope, 'fume isn't a trigger for me but some of the shit out there smells like fucking bug spray.  What woman in their right mind would anoint her body with something that smells like a can of Raid.  As for guys, Some of that shit is just as bad.  It is one thing to have a whif when in close proximity it is another thing when a person's scent shows up 20 min before they do and leaves 20 min after they leave.

-P.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:01pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 8:47pm, BobG wrote:
Strong perfumes are a trigger for me. What do I do about it, you ask? Walk away. Remove myself from the situation.

I wish the whinney anti-smokers that "claim" to be allergic to smoke would do the same when I light up.

Fortunately, that is now easy for most people to do. Wasn't long ago that most restaurants, office buildings, university classroom buildings and airplanes allowed smoking inside.  How does a person walk away at 35,000 feet over the Atlantic?  

And any efforts to make reasonable policies were resisted by the same people now asking for reason. Atleast you can still smoke in your home - if your employer allows it.    
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:40pm »

It seems that some folk like to post BS just to start shit........and that would be a trigger of mine.....ass-hole

Why dont you and your big brain give it a break?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:52pm »

All right boys....I love you both but don't make me break these out!

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
floridian

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:44pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 9:40pm, Jonny wrote:
It seems that some folk like to post BS just to start shit........and that would be a trigger of mine.....ass-hole

Why dont you and your big brain give it a break?

Actually, its pretty rare that I post something to start shit - this might be an exception, although the mindless conservative anti-PC mob really does think that anyone who objects to perfume is a PC fool, which includes about 30-50% of this board.  So its kinda relevant to this group, unlike your crap on immigration, child-rearing, or whatever it is this week.
IP Logged
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:42pm »

This perfume thread reminds me of an incident that happened years ago. I was singing in the choir at church and during rehearsal, I got hit. I came back in 20 minutes after huffing 02 and someone else commented that had happened the last two times we had met. I told her and the others there, that perfume was a trigger. They all immedietely said, Ok, none of us will wear perfume or cologne until your cycle is over. And they didn't. For the next 2 months. I never forgot that and still sing with them to this day.
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:43pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 10:44pm, floridian wrote:

Actually, its pretty rare that I post something to start shit - this might be an exception, although the mindless conservative anti-PC mob really does think that anyone who objects to perfume is a PC fool, which includes about 30-50% of this board.  So its kinda relevant to this group, unlike your crap on immigration, child-rearing, or whatever it is this week.

So saying that 30-50% of this board is mindless is not trying to inflame people?

Listen, I don't mind your opinions on things (you certainly are allowed them) but don't jump on a high horse and then call 1/3 to 1/2 the people you are talking to names.

I am conservative, religious and I think I am very PC.  Am I also mindless?
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:19am »

The term was mindless conservative. Not mindless people. But if you think names are being called, it would be PC fool.

Fram, you may be conservative, religious, and PC, but only you can answer your question as to whether you are mindless. Do you think you are? Obviously not.
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:22am »

Also, I am one of those people who wonder why people dump what seems to be a half a bottle of cologne or perfume on themselves. I have a sensitive sense of smell, and one drop goes a looong way. But I just walk away, if I don't have to sit next to that person, or otherwise be stuck next to them.
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:25am »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 9:52pm, Redd715 wrote:

uhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

You want I should call Jonny a stupid fuck?

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 1:22am »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 12:19am, purpleydog wrote:
The term was mindless conservative. Not mindless people. But if you think names are being called, it would be PC fool.

Fram, you may be conservative, religious, and PC, but only you can answer your question as to whether you are mindless. Do you think you are? Obviously not.

If Im mindless, would I have enough of a mind to know it
IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 1:25am »

Well, there you go then. You are obviously not mindless. I don't think Flo's post was meant as a personal attack on anyone here, is all I meant.
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 1:29am »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 1:25am, purpleydog wrote:
Well, there you go then. You are obviously not mindless. I don't think Flo's post was meant as a personal attack on anyone here, is all I meant.

He did say 30-50% of the people here are "mindless conservatives".... while he may not have meant me... he was insulting a bunch of people.
IP Logged

Paul98

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 5:49am »

I want to word my statment carefully because I don't want to offend those that consider themselvs PC. Grin

I think there is a huge difference between being PC and being truely sensitive to another person.  Being a PC person means to pander to the masses so the masses have a positive view of you.  It in no way means you are sincere about your beliefs.  To be truely senstivie to another person is just that.  You are thinking in terms of another individule's feelings, not what people think of you.  PC was invented by politicians least you forget.  

-P.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 6:02am »

Goodness Sakes -- you younguns are gonna have to stay on track here -- This old Granny is getting confused. Let's see the subject was being a hypochrondiac if perfumes are a trigger?

Well, as has been said so many times, we all have different triggers. Now I love my perfume, but if I knew it was a trigger for you - I'd leave it off when I'm around you. That's not PC - that's just courtesy.  

As for the peanut alergy. We have a little boy in Caleb's school with that, so we are all courteous enough to bring things without peanuts if we bring treats to school.  

We're all different and we're not whinning here, we're just venting and that's what we do on this board.  

I smoke but I respect other's rights to not like it. When at someone else's house I go outside to do my puffing. If they're at mine -- live with it.  

I don't think "control" is a factor here. We've just got a lot of stong minded people who say what they think. And sometimes we disagree in strong terms. Now each of us has a "choice" - we can take things said personal or we can laugh it off or come back with a better line. I perfer the later.  

Anyhow that's my opinion on the subject -- now on with the character assinations....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Josh W
New Board Newbie
USA 

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:46am »

Anyhow that's my opinion on the subject -- now on with the character assinations....  

LMAO.  Well said.  Yall can be very entertaining.
IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:04am »

Grin
Nice going, Flo.

Did you get the results you wanted here??
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #19 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:05am »

Why don't we all go over and fuck with giuliano
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
floridian

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:07am »

I didn't say that that 30-50% of this board was mindless - rather that 30-50% of this board is negatively affected by perfume, and that according to the Anti-PC movement (which is just as mindless as the PC movement it opposes), anyone that claims to be that sensitive to perfume is mentally ill or 'agenda driven.'  

Not long ago, someone posted a blog entry from some loner blog-chick who criticized a co-worker who had clusters, used oxygen and smoked. People here were outraged.  Here's a much larger, semi-organized group that wants to assert their right to trigger clusters in susceptible people. Anyone who objects is mindlessly written off as PC. That is my point.  

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:08am by floridian » IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #21 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:36am »

I love sarcasm.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
floridian

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:30pm »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 11:36am, thomas wrote:
I love sarcasm.  

LOL - especially short, unambiguous sarcasm.  Point taken. Smiley
IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 12:40pm »

What smells????

Oh, it's just Flo. Hi Flo!!!!!!! Grin
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #24 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 1:06pm »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 12:30pm, floridian wrote:

LOL - especially short, unambiguous sarcasm.  Point taken. Smiley

Just letting you know that your effort didn't go unappreciated.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss