Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:41am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Dont forget your Meds Kids!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Dont forget your Meds Kids!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dont forget your Meds Kids!!!  (Read 588 times)
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

Dont forget your Meds Kids!!!
« on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 9:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I Met the Ex for a little christmas shoppin at a nearby Walmart in a town 25 miles away.  We spent a nice day shopping ( about 3 hours) Things were going great, I had a company christmas party in that same town that night we were going to after shopping(me and the ex get along better then most).
     Then it happened ,I dont no if it was the crowd or the exitement of mayby getting lucky later. but I felt that feeling you get, that slowly warming, here it comes, you have 5 minutes to get the heck out of there feeling.
     I let Angie No I had to go and sorry we couldnt make the party, She understood, Since I have the kids she was wanting me to just get home safe.
    By the time I turned on the highway for the 25 mile treck home it was a 6 heading for a 7, The hospital at the town I was in was out of the question, By the time they ask all their silly questions, I would already be home to my Imitrex injection.
    Another 3miles down the rode its a full 10 and thats the way I rode that last 20 miles,  shreaking pain down one side of the head, window down in 20 degree weather, if it were not for the kids waiting for me at home, a Tree along the side of the rode at 70miles an hour was not a bad option at the time!(JUST KIDDING)
   But you know thats how we Feel.
  Anyway I finally got home got to my Trex was better in two minutes.And have a makeupdate with the ex tonight.    
   Please everyone have a safe and merry christmas and dont forget to have their meds with them, Driving under Cluster conditions is a Very Dangerous condition for all on the road, I myself am not proud of my actions!!
   Its my fault for not being more responsible about my condition!! Wink
IP Logged

fishing for relief in a very big pond.
Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

Re: Dont forget your Meds Kids!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 9:43am »

So glad you made it safely.  

Does O2 work as an abortive for you?  Can you keep a tank in the car for just such episodes?
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:05am »

Tried O2 dried me out to much even at lower levals,
   Realy, with the type of clusters I get I have to hit them with a hammer.
     These are almost always the burning steak to the right eyeball, type< I never get anything, thats a happy medium. Been that way since I stated suffering them 6 years ago.
     I had sinus surgury, that did wonders in early 2005 to clear up a clog on the right side. But that did not fix the problem like I hoped>
 Im on 75mg morning topamax and 75 night(started 2 weeks ago) it was 100 mg daily  
 also720mg  verapimil daily.(split twice)
    For now Im doing a predizone tapper down ever since yesterday, Ive had nightly wakeups for a threeweeks and we are going to nip the in the bud.
IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Trex.

Dont leave home without it.
IP Logged
bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:56am »

Karl what a great actor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:47pm »

I remember Brad gettin hit BAD when we were out on the bike years ago in summer with friends at a cookout/ party......it was getting towards dusk and the air was a bit cool ridein......of course 'we had to go'.......he's not a pretty site when bein hit, not for the squimish !! We rode home a lill faster then I would like to of but we took back country roads and got home just before dark. He had his body shifted sidways to get the full effect of the cool air blasting against him on his face past the windshield for the pain.......it was a thrill ride home leme tell ya, I wanted to kiss the ground when we pulled into the driveway. He rides safe but he was hurtin BAD and didn't want stuck at this party with all he goes thru.....his hits lasted an hour or two leaveing him totally EXHAUSTED. And people that did get to see a glimpse of his hits comeing on were SHOCKED cuz of the 'stroke look' syndrone he got real bad. Even gave me the willies. Don't leave home without it Pam

PS: Why do sum older men get that dick head lookin nose.....what causes that.......just curious........????
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:50pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:05pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:05am, bigred wrote:
     Tried O2 dried me out to much even at lower levals,

Invest $5 dollars in a 02 humidifier, it will save your lungs and throat from dryness hell.  

You can get it at a medical supply store.  

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:24pm »

Thanks Johnny!!!
    My smoking a pack of cigs a day probably doesnt help either Roll Eyes
   I had to give up the alcohol, but man I just cant find a way to let go of the smokes!!!
     Well a beer on occasion,but it costs me a for sure cluster!So If I do go for a night out I have to be very selective and have Imetrex on the ready.
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:25pm »

Try four packs a day.....LMAO

02 will be my lover soon at this rate.....ROTFF Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

bigred
New Board Junior
USA 

persaverance

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 1:28pm »

Hope to god there Lights Grin
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss