Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I need suggestions... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I need suggestions...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I need suggestions...  (Read 357 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

I need suggestions...
« on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Under the 6 inches of snow, there is about a 1/2 inch of ice coating my vehicle.  There is no electric near by.  My front door is about 50-60 yards away, down a long sidewalk and a sharp right turn.  

I need to find SOME way to get past all this ice to get into the vehicle.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Re: I need suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:44am »

Pegg,

Didn't you use a bucket of hot salt water last time? Once you get the driver door open, starting the car and letting it idle should melt the worst of it, so the other doors can open.

Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:57am »

It wasn't a 6 below wind chill last time.  It's too cold for that this time around.  It will re-freeze, and I'll be wet and froze solid by the time I can pour the bucket out.

Hypothermia isn't exactly my idea of fun.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 12:20pm »

Hand held propane torch, but you will have to get to the hardware store to get one........so, you fucked....LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 1:06pm »

my suggestion?...go seat in front of the fireplace with a hot cocoa and forget about going out today  Grin
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 2:28pm »

My neighbor Robbie was a very nice neighbor indeed.  No no no...my truck is still under ice, however, Robbie borrowed my shovel and shoveled the sidewalks from our side of the building out to the parking lot.  What a guy...he even shoveled off my porch for me.  

Nice kid.
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 2:30pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2007, 2:28pm, Redd wrote:
My neighbor Robbie was a very nice neighbor indeed.  No no no...my truck is still under ice, however, Robbie borrowed my shovel and shoveled the sidewalks from our side of the building out to the parking lot.  What a guy...he even shoveled off my porch for me.  

Nice kid.  

You should reward the kid!  Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 3:16pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:44am, Opus wrote:
Pegg,

Didn't you use a bucket of hot salt water last time? Once you get the driver door open, starting the car and letting it idle should melt the worst of it, so the other doors can open.

Paul

Whatever you do, sis, don't pour hot water on your vehicle, if it gets on the glass, it will shatter it in this weather. Very nice of your neighbor to shovel for you!

If you can beat the ice off around the door away from the wind, that may work. Or go in through the hatchback, I've had to do that a couple times, and it was the only part not frozen shut.

Good luck.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss