Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 9:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking?  (Read 1833 times)
Sean_C

Email

Re: Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 28th, 2007, 12:49am, artonio7 wrote:

I guess that depends on what side of the tracks you live on. Take a walk one night down Union Ave. in South Bronx, New York or any number of other urban "War zones" If you live to talk about it, maybe you can tell us how wonderful the visit was and how exhilarating it was to have such a safe warm fuzzy feeling in such an affluent neighborhood. Any pocket of poverty in this country is a willful act of self imposed terrorism. Allowing it to continue is criminal in and of itself.

First, thats a local government issue. I live in a major city, I work in a major city, its poorest areas, and I have seen local government refuse to put on additional police, sign contracts, and basically turn there back. Boston has 66 murders to date this year. Changes can start on a local level with Local Administrations.

After what I've experienced by this current administration "Countless lies, the drain of the US resource into the coffers of cronies through the war machine and a never ending list of terror tactics.) I'm beginning to wonder who the real enemy is.

I doubt that will ever change in any government.

We are being fed an endless stream of bullshit designed to pacify the masses. The patriotic and our youth are being exploited in this war effort and in the end as with most wars the rich always get richer. Complain about what's going on and immediately you are black-marked as being "un-American or a liberal"  

Tony, would your views change if the next administration was a liberal, they had the US Military pull out of the middle east, and then during thier administration a U.S. school was hit and hundreds of children were killed in the name of Jihad.

What would yor views be then.

Do you want to know what is un-American and treasonous.... the way the Disabled American Veterans are treated upon return after giving up so much and acting so bravely.  

Agreed

Ever wonder how much it costs to run this war... and do you ever wonder who owns the company's which make the tools of war?  

All Federal Contracts are in the public bidding process.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the profits do not go into the tin cups of the broken soldiers nor their families.

I thought it was there goal to keep the soldiers from getting broken?

I say Take the two by four out of our own eye first before worrying about the speck of dust in someone else's eye.

My blinders are off

Why we continue to allow this to go on is baffling to me... if you want to be patriotic do something to improve the conditions for the Disabled American Vets.

Thats an issue worth discussing, I agree whole heartedly.

Who's going to run our Country when Bush leaves and what are they saying that convinces you they can do a better job.

Thats worth discussing. Lets have it yall.
IP Logged
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #26 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 11:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 28th, 2007, 8:42am, Maffumatt wrote:
She should have been a good Muslim woman and stayed at home.

So you agree with the Taleban definition of islam??  
 Grin  Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007, 11:24am by monty » IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #27 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 11:27am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 11:23am, monty wrote:

So you agree with the Taleban definition of islam??  
 Grin  Cool

on Today at 06:42, Maffumatt wrote:She should have been a good Muslim woman and stayed at home.

That's called humor Texas style.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 12:45pm »

There is definetly a conspiricy going on with her death.  The corinor states that there was a big gaping hole in her.  They said she was shot, then they say that she was hit by shranel, now they are saying that she hit her head on the sunroof and that there was no bullet hole or shrapnel found in her.   Huh  Sounds like they can't get their story straight ond there afraid of something if the real truth is told.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:08pm »

Benazir may have had incredible courage or it could have been over confidence in her own ability to cheat death or simply was stupid when she stood in the open to be killed last Thursday, who knows.

The mentality of someone living in a war zone is very different to someone living in a peaceful country. You become desensitised to all the violence around you. In a war torn country, going about town in a bullet proof vehicle would not win her any vote. Furthermore she had decided to end her own self imposed exile of 10 years to come back to Pakistan to do whatever she was going to do, she couldnt just sit indoor playing it safe, she had to head out. If she had wanted a safe life she wouldnt have ended her exile, she had enough money to live quite comfortably for the rest of her life in Dubai if she had wanted to.

The thing is, once you have led a life in the limelight of politics its hard to resist its temptation. Her father was Prime minister, was executed and both brothers were killed under suspicious circumstances. She herself has had a lifetime of achievement from the prestigious Harvard School to being elected Prime minister twice. Once a person had lived a life like that its extremely hard to resolve to living a quiet albeit comfortable life in exile until death by old age.

I am not sure if she was alive and got elected what would she be able to achieve, realistically. During both her previous terms as prime minister, she wasnt known to have achieved much politically, except for pushing for womans rights. Instead both her and her husband Asif Ali Zardari were charged with multiple counts of quite serious corruptions. Her husband spent 8 years in jail for corruption and frauds. She herself was known to always be dressed to the teeth in the most expensive designer clothings and accessories. Their asset is estimated to be more than 740 million pounds. How could this be achieved in such a poor country in record short time?  

It is also interesting that her time in self imposed exile seemed to correspond to the time her husband was in jail for corruption. He went to jail 1996 and she went to Dubai 1998. He was released 2004 and she decided to return to Pakistan 2007. Is it a coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. If she was really a freedom fighter for the Pakistani people then why would she tolerate a frauding, corrupting husband and would only be active politically with him around?  

A case of the Marcos ?  
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 1:57am »

You know what the healthy thing to do is?

Pay no further attention to cable news on this tragedy. Buy several good newspaper papers and read it there. You get more and better information without erectile dysfunction ads.  

You can slide right past the Britney crap too.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #31 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 6:23pm »

on Dec 29th, 2007, 1:57am, Charlie wrote:
Buy several good newspaper papers and read it there.

Those actually exist? I haven't read a newspaper in over a year because of all the crap contained therein, especially on the editorial pages.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
llreed
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #32 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 9:03pm »

To each there own -
We all have opinions some popular some not.  Still a women that spoke her mind with some editing I am sure.  Still a mother that loved her children.  Still a patriot that loved her country.  My prayers are with her children.  
llreed
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 9:13pm »

Sean you are so smart... LLreed I pray along with you... still a woman and a patriot dead before her time for trying to change the world for the better.  

God speed her home into his arms and comfort her children...

love to you both  ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Paul98

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 9:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 29th, 2007, 1:57am, Charlie wrote:
You know what the healthy thing to do is?

Pay no further attention to cable news on this tragedy. Buy  read several good newspaper papers and read it there. You get more and better information without erectile dysfunction ads.

You can slide right past the Britney crap too.  

Charlie

Yep!  I read several every day both from the left and right points of view.  I even read the some of the far "wing" writings (left and right) to see how bad their point of view is.  

If you read only one news paper you are being brain washed and fooled into thinking what you read is the mainstream thought of the USA.  READ!

-P.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 29th, 2007, 9:30pm »

on Dec 29th, 2007, 6:23pm, brewcrew wrote:

Those actually exist? I haven't read a newspaper in over a year because of all the crap contained therein, especially on the editorial pages.

LOL. The one I read is owned by Warren Buffet and as a result, the Buffalo News leans a bit to the left so its editorial page contain nothing but pearls of wisdom.  Cool

Seriously, it's just that papers give you a chance to find out so much more. It's just my thing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss