Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 8:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else in Australia? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else in Australia?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else in Australia?  (Read 3482 times)
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Anyone else in Australia?
« Reply #150 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 3:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What is this???  For so long I was the sole Aussie here, the lone representative of Clusterland in this far-flung corner of the Empire.  Suddenly they're popping out from behind every second gum tree!

G'day Saint, and welcome to the asylum.  Ten year's break, eh?  Let's hope this is a one-off and you've another ten years to celebrate.  

During the meanwhile it's really worth prowling around the board because there's just heaps of great info here and there's also no such thing as a silly question (though some of the answers get you thinking).  Also, you're perfectly welcome to PM any of us anytime if you're more comfortable talking privately.

Either way, good to meet ya and it's my shout.

Cheers and beers,

Brian way up north.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #151 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 8:41am »

Hi all,

Sorry to see all you new guys coming on board. Poor Brian doesn't feel special anymore. If only he could be the only one with it Grin.

Welcome abaord anyway. Read as much as you can about our affliction so you can let the doctors know what  to do for you.

Glad you got the O2 John, I used it last year and it was pure magic. Just wished it wasn't a hassle to get. If it wasn't for this site, I'd still be crawling around in pain at nights when i'm in cycle.

Hi Loki, Jacqs lives in Ceduna. Is that close to Adelaide? She is PF at moment and not posting very often at the moment.

Aussiegirl, thanks for the great summary of how to get O2. Getting the letter from doctor can be the hard part.

Hope everyone had a merry CHristmas and happy new year.  

Cheers (I'm having a couple tonight)
Paul
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #152 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 8:02pm »

Hi to all the new comers.

Just a quick one to say welcome and hallo, been a bit busy lately with a little wind problem and still getting things sorted out, bloody power problem blew my pc monitor the power pack for the car fridge and the microwave.

Well done Kathleen on sourcing o2 so quickly it can be a real drama, for those who may still be having problems Mr Happy has the stuff I wrote on getting o2 in OZ, here’s the link.
http://www.mushys.com/kiwi/

Until I can get some more time PFD’s to all.
Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #153 on: Jan 16th, 2006, 8:52pm »

Oi, youse lot.  AllanP is talking about an Aussie get-together.  Wotcha reckon?

I'm committed here until the end of June and to get to Syderney (the obvious venue) would set me back around two grand in air-fares alone, which rules me out for the time being.  Regardless, I'll help in any other way I can.

Just thinking about that, it's a long time since I've been to the big smoke.  Who's got the pub there now?
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

WWW Email

« Reply #154 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 5:52am »

on Jan 16th, 2006, 8:52pm, AussieBrian wrote:
Oi, youse lot.  AllanP is talking about an Aussie get-together.  Wotcha reckon?

I saw that and was thinking the same myself and have been for quite some time.
But as Brian says the tyranny of distance for some of us puts us out for a while and my daughter is getting married in a months time so that will blow the budget and my holiday time for this year at least but none the less it’s a great idea and we should work on it.

Alice Springs?

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
Kate in Oz
New Board Old Timer
Australia 

339600790 339600790    

« Reply #155 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 7:29am »

Hey all,

That sounds like a great idea!  I too am financially challenged and start back at uni next week so not sure how I could fit it in timewise.... nevertheless I agree it's something we should put our minds to.      

Speaking of minds... I had my first ever 'classic' migrane yesterday.  Piece of piss - can I say that?  Grin

Wishin PFDAN to you all,

Kate
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

WWW Email

« Reply #156 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 6:57pm »

on Jan 17th, 2006, 7:29am, Kate in Oz wrote:
Hey all,

Piece of piss - can I say that?  Grin

Wishin PFDAN to you all,

Kate

You bet you can say that, I have problems recognising a hangover headache now. Grin

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

[img]
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #157 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 7:00pm »

on Jan 17th, 2006, 6:57pm, Barry_T_Coles wrote:
I have problems recognising a hangover headache now.

Stay drunk.
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

WWW Email

« Reply #158 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 7:22pm »

on Jan 17th, 2006, 7:00pm, AussieBrian wrote:

Stay drunk.

I'm trying to but work keeps interfering with my consumption rate. Tongue
IP Logged

[img]
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #159 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:24am »

me&mb

I'm doing my best!!

Paul
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #160 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 6:36am »

on Jan 17th, 2006, 7:29am, Kate in Oz wrote:
I too am financially challenged and start back at uni next week...

Then you'd better start studying financial management!

If you'd invested $1.000 in One.tel, you'd now have $6.50 altogether.  A thousand in HIH you'd now have $7.20, or a grand in Enron you'd be good for almost AUD$9.43.

That same $1,000 invested in beer, you could have recycled the cans, and you'd now have more than $24.00 to put towards your airfare!!!!!

Either way, while what's-her-name and I couldn't possibly attend this side of June 30, we're perfectly happy to put up $500 cash to off-set other people's expenses.  

Allen's idea is a bloody corker and let's just go for it, so long as it happens in a pub.

Cheers and beers,

B & D.

IP Logged

maffumatt

Email

« Reply #161 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

you guys sound like fun, someday I'll have to come visit................
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #162 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 4:56pm »

on Jan 18th, 2006, 4:32pm, maffumatt wrote:
you guys sound like fun, someday I'll have to come visit................

I'm with ya.
Kickin' a$$ down under!

DON"T FORGET TO TAKE PICTURES WHEN YOU MEET!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
aussiegirl
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Email

« Reply #163 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 7:45pm »

Cheesy

Wherever we end up, I couldn't think of a better use for my Frequent Flyer Points.  

Even if we are only able to do it late in the year it will give me a reason to save so I can afford the accommodation and a few shouts at the bar -  Maybe October or November??

PFDAN to you all
Kathleen
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #164 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 8:12pm »

on Jan 18th, 2006, 7:45pm, aussiegirl wrote:
Wherever we end up, I couldn't think of a better use for my Frequent Flyer Points.

Not sure Barry's gunna need them.  This is his second blow in a fortnight and already it's up to Cat3.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60281.shtml

All the best, mate, and get the beer on ice while you've got the chance.

Wishing you bestest always,

Brian & the team.
IP Logged

paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #165 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 11:29pm »

Sydney is good for me. But I will travel. If we can make it later in year will be good. Just make sure everyone isn't having a Kip10 at the time.

Paul
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #166 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 12:16pm »

Ya got a new Aussie brother in pain......so here's a bump!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
seccsij
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I will survive!

« Reply #167 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 7:53pm »

Grin Hi there!!!
I,ve had CH since I was 15 (1984) and was misdiagnosed for 10 years!  I lived in a small Victorian town and finally, a new Dr arrived from the city who recognised CH.  It still took another 10 years to get anyone to let me try O2!!!!! Huh.  When my old Dr left town, I had to see anew one (AGAIN!) and he sympathised and told me to take Panadol Lips Sealed.   I was so angry and desperate that I went straight to the E.R. in a neighbouring town and collapsed in tears.  The Dr who treated me was CH knowledgable and puzzled as to why no other Dr had allowed me to try O2 in the past.  He gave it to me without pause and it was a miracle.  I have since moved to Sydney and havetold my new Dr of my need for O2 during CH.  I have had no objection.  It is on my file now but.... I have to go to the local E.R. to have it.  I will not geat it through my doctor any other way.  At least now, I know I CAN GET IT!!!!  Cool
Don't ever give up trying.  For all our sakes as well as your own. Kiss
IP Logged

CH cannot stop me from still being ME!!!!!!!!!Smiley)
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #168 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 8:06pm »

G'day seccy, and welcome aboard.  Panadol?!?  Like throwing boomarangs at the lightning.  Wonder he didn't reccommend a cup of tea and a nice lay down.  Bloody twits.

I'll get on to our friend Barry in Karatha because he's put together a beaut link on how to get O2 easy.

Happy daze,

Brian.

Edited to add:  Relax, Barry, and go back to hugging your trees.  I see our good mate Mr. Happy put the link up in another thread.  And EE, thanks as always for watching out for us poor colonials.

Fair dinkum I love this place.

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2006, 8:27pm by AussieBrian » IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

WWW Email

« Reply #169 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 5:19am »

Hi Seccy, and welcome aboard.
Sad you had to find us but I assure you that you are in great company,what the people here dont know hasn't been thought of yet.
Here's a link to some info I gained when first sorting out o2 and it still works for me; best thing to do is not say what you are using for as some people in these gas places get freaky when you say you are using it for yourself, if asked say you are using it for transporting live fish.

I am currently trying out a bubbler to stop the mouth from drying out when using the o2, it's just a slight modification to the one currently used.
I will get some pics of the set up and send them on to Mr Happy who no doubt will ad them to his web site string.

Cheers for now, keep us informed as how you are getting along and dont be scared to PM any time.
Kind Regards
Barry
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2006, 5:23am by Barry_T_Coles » IP Logged

[img]
DMC
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Hi

« Reply #170 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 9:42am »

Hi I am new here... & in Australia.... Smiley

D
IP Logged
Dragonman
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Dragonman Never giving Up :)

Email

« Reply #171 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 5:31pm »

Hi to all you aussie battlers. My name is michael, 41 years young, living in Perth now, Clusterhead for 16 years and was lost and thought i was crazy till I found this site two years ago and now after some 730 odd PFDs the bastard is back...Hi Barry, you contacted me back then and I never replied as my life was upside down and falling apart, is took me 18 months to find my feet and settle again, r'ship finished ater 7 yrs and it was not easy for her as most of the time i had to ride through kip 10s in a cold shower till they passed and every two hours till the morning, headbanging pacing doing the dance with the devil..it was hell and i still cant believe i survived that onslaught for 14 yrs with nothing really to help relieve the pain, we sold our business, separated and I moved state back home to WA  blah blah as you all could understand, I ll love her forever for putting up with what she did but hey I understand and shes now happy, bub on the way... but lifes good for me now also and im happy apart from my CHs returning hence my wanting to be a true member of the family. Been reading ya posts and just have to say I love it all, and we are the toughest MFs on the planet.
10 days in now with shadows and realization this aint a headache as one would know it, 2 days of slow building kip 10s apon wakeing, I am using indicid 100mg supps, and caffergot sparingly and thats about it although it aint like the old days as it does help but im taking to much indicid to keep it at bay and thats what i did two years ago... i went to a chinese herbalist yesterday...so far so good with PF night and little meds so will chk the nxt few days out and keep you posted. About the O2, i think ive had it in ER but to no avail, although I was in the middle of kip8-10s both times and really wanted to throw the ecg monitor through the window to get the guys attention as you would all understand, my question is do you need to use O2 before the hit sets in and is it normally too late once hit is progressed, look fwd to hearing your answers to this as I need another solution to my med program now although it does work sometimes but a few slip by and like the first two kip 10 days I just went through, I didnt cope at all especcially the first one... Hope you can help..  
Michael aka "the dragonman never giving up"

PS: Hi D welcome to da family
IP Logged

YaBBC
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #172 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 6:15pm »

A warm and hearty welcome to you both.  I can think of plenty of places I'd rather have met you (beer) but we take life as it's served.

Regarding the O2, just because it never worked the first couple of times counts for nothing.  There are different ways to use it and some are very effective for many people so it's worth trying again.

http://www.mushys.com/kiwi/  

Otherwise it's simply a matter of deciding whether you're a victim or victor.  It's one hell of a fight but there's a lot to be said for coming out the winner.

IP Logged

Dragonman
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Email

« Reply #173 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 7:14pm »

Hi Brian,
thanks mate, yeah i been the victim for sure in the past but enoughs enough and no more running, wanted to also tell my story too but...im facing it head on as the Victor and looking for alternatives ie O2 as its widely talked about here..had a good night last night and this morning but the shock of its really back full throttle was hard to handle the other day especially after 2yrs PF and the severe intensity definately caught me off guard.
I have to agree theres nothing like living away from the big smoke and thrown a few coldies down, lived on a property few years back, last power, million miles from it all, was running cattle for 8 yrs there and loved every minute of it. Be sure to throw one down for me.
Cheers
Michael
IP Logged

YaBBC
Dragonman
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Email

« Reply #174 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 8:16pm »

Hi brian and all,
I am in the process of arranging an account at bocs WA, thanks ...
They told me to call the oxy care dept in Sydney first..
ph 1800050999 before they could hire.  
Oxy care want my Dr to fax their medical team directly
fax no1800624149 to verify my CH condition and include my name, address, phone no. and importantly the flow rate of oxygen needed per minute and the hours of use per day.
Any ideas of what to tell my DR ? ie flow rate and hourly usage ? this would be handy info before i call him.
The lady who I spoke to at oxy care has arranged my account already and is now waiting for the DRs letter to be recieved, she picked it was for CHs and said as soon as they recieve the letter she will phone and then bocs will deliver the first bottle to my home once i call them with the verification of my needs.
The C bottle holds 409 litres, is that enough ? or would it be worth getting a bigger size ?
Thanks everyone
Michael
IP Logged

YaBBC
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss