Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 11:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Greetings from Tucson! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Greetings from Tucson!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Greetings from Tucson!  (Read 248 times)
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Greetings from Tucson!
« on: Jan 11th, 2006, 11:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been suffering with episodic CH for the past thirteen years and only hooked up with a good diagnosis and neurologist last year. She, Dr. Wendt, has improved my trips with the beast greatly although i still suffer as many of you do prior to breaking the bout.  I have been surfing this site for the last three days becoming familiar and have already learned a few helpfull things, such as, O2 regimen and equip, tips with ice, heat, H2O, etc.    
A little about my experience.  I am fifyy two years old and my headaches started out of the blue when I was forty. I was an episodic with a duration of 12 + weeks and an annual recurrence rate usually in the fall (Sept/Nov). I suffered many years improperly diagnosed going to a GP.  In 2002 he referrd me to a Neurologist who immediately started me on O2, Prednisone 60mg, and Verapamil 240 mg.  Within three days I was HA free for the next six months.  When the next bout started in June (never had ine in the summer before, odd), we began a similar regimen but this time only went to 40 mg Prednisone with no luck.  Then increased to 50 mg, still no luck.  The following week, back to 60 , and bingo, gone within three days.  I was then headache free again until this past Christmas eve.  So I guess the most common approach, that is, Pred and Verap works pretty well for me.  The most important thing I noticed though is that the alleged abortive that she has me on, Relpax, is not mentioned anywhere on this sight, and since it usually takes 40 mijnutes to two hour to work i have to assume it is not working at all and that my CHs are just subsiding on their own.  i will be talking to her about Imittrex for my next bout.  I will also be orderin a CHMASK and upping the flowrate to 25ml per hour for future events.  My best to all and I will keep yo posted on the progrees of my current event.  Like I said, this bout started Christmas eve, I startd on the Pred 5 days ago and actually slept after the third day with attacks only at about 5 on the kip scale since day 3 of the pred, so things are looking good.  O2 has been very effective, especially after kicking up the flow rates to 25 as i read about hear.

My best to all and many PF moments.

rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Greetings from Tucson!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 12:01am »

Rich, we have defences against this horror  -  information and each other.

Welcome home.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 2:05am »

Hi Rich  

Welcome join in..  Knowledge is the key.
IP Logged

MJ
gobby
New Board Junior
USA 

I wish I had Migrains instead!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:34am »

Hey Rich, glad to see you found us..........stick around, it's true what they say........Knowledge is Power!
IP Logged

Things that don't kill us only make us wish we were dead.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss