Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 3:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I am a clusterhead! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I am a clusterhead!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I am a clusterhead!  (Read 293 times)
CrazyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

I am a clusterhead!
« on: Jan 12th, 2006, 7:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all!

I would like to thank Pinky for spending some personal time to answer some questions and help me out, thanks dude.

Honestly I can’t say that I am happy to be here for the reason I am here is because I have CH.

On the other hand I am so happy that you are here.

My story is probably very much like others but perhaps not.  

For about 8 years I was in the dark. I got these really bad headaches, 1 maybe 2, every fall and spring, that would just kick my ass.  

I really did not think much about it and they did not last that long. I always had some good pain killers left over from some surgery and a couple of times my dad gave me a few.  

However, it did cross my mind a few times; man I just took two painkillers that where strong enough to knock me out but it seemed to really not do that much for the headache, maybe that is not normal?

Well anyway, being the typical guy I am, of course I never went to the doctor like my wife told me to.

But then something happened and I became one of those 10% who start out episodic and transformed to chronic.  

And after I about destroyed my digestive system with OTC’s and was tired of beating head with my fist I decided to listen to her, well, then I went to the doctor.

So here I am and if you would like to read more about it feel free to do so.

http://www.waltdavis.net/crazydog-ch-profile.pdf
IP Logged

WaltD
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: I am a clusterhead!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 7:46am »

Hello Walt. Just looked through your profile. Nice job on keeping the log.

I think your clusters sound like most of us.  

About the jaw/teeth pain, it is most likely because the trigeminal nerve travels down the side of your face and divides to the top teeth and to the lower jaw.

Most of us find that pain killers of any kind do not help kill the pain and many times just create rebound headaches.

There is a button on the left side of your screen 'imitrex tip'. Click it and you'll find how to use less of the 'trex in each shot.

Stick around. There’s lots to learn here.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Icey
New Board Newbie
Great_Britain 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 8:59am »

That was a good read . I was reading it and nodding to myself , yeah thats me ,Oh and thats me . Thanks for sharin that crazydog . I did notice that the O2 didn't do much for you either , then again I only used the mask you get with it .  

Wishing you pfnad

Debbie
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 9:20am »

Nice log. In it you mention you don't have a non-rebreather mask. You need one if you O2 is going to be as effective as you say you would like it to be.

Spend the $25:

http://www.clustermasx.com

PF wishes.
IP Logged
CrazyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 10:52pm »

I ordered the mask.  

Last couple of times I got hit, hum that would have been today and yesterday, I took one in the morning as well as one in the evening, which is very unusual.  

It looks like most chronic cases transitioned from episodic then gradually worsen over time.

I don’t feel like mine so far have really been all that bad, not sure I have ever had a K10, but it does seem like things are slowly getting worse.

Don’t get me wrong, K8 is enough thank you.  

Just trying to anticipate where things are going. But then again every time I do that it fools me.

Anyway thanks for the welcome!
IP Logged

WaltD
gobby
New Board Junior
USA 

I wish I had Migrains instead!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 12:27am »

WOW! That is one HELL of a lot of information!  Very Nice!  I'm sorry that it brought you here, but this is the place to be for chusterheads.  Like many of the other respondants, much of what I read seemed very familliar.  Thanks for sharing, and stick around, there is something new here almost every day. Smiley
IP Logged

Things that don't kill us only make us wish we were dead.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss