Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 3:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thanks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thanks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks  (Read 261 times)
mwilson788
New Board Newbie
USA 

Feh

Thanks
« on: Jan 19th, 2006, 5:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been dealing with what I now believe to be CH for the past 6 months. I kept telling myself it was a migraine or stress or something else but the headaches just keep coming with no end in site. I then started thinking I needed glasses but that didn't do the trick either. Finally, today I decided to start googling for an answer. I eventually stumbled upon your site and it's like a light went on. Everything that was described fit me to a T. Headaches come from nowhere and disappear as quickly as they came. Usually last between 45 to 1 hr. around 6 a day. Usually have about 2 -3 weeks with headaches and then about 2 without. After reading all this it helped me realize that I am not alone and have setup an appointment to go to the doc tomorrow. I am one of those anti-doctor people who never go even though they should. So thank you to all for giving me the confidence and knowledge to go in with some idea of what might be affecting me. I figured without knowing it would be worthless to go to the doc because I couldn't make anyone understand what I was going through. Wish me luck!
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 5:58pm »

Thanks are not necessary to us. Only to DJ who set this site up... Thanks, DJ!

Bring this to your doc appointment tomorrow, adn don't leave the office without a script for Oxygen:

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

PF wishes.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 8:45pm »

M Wilson,
 Good luck at the docs. Hope you dont have these. I assume that you took the cluster quiz on the left. Let us know what the verdict is. By all means read all of the information on the left. Again good luck
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
mwilson788
New Board Newbie
USA 

Feh

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:33am »

Well after wishing I was wrong for once in my life I am unfortunately right. I was diagnosed Friday with clusters. The doc has put me topamax???? a seizure med? It didn't make a lot of sense to me. He also gave me O2 which seem to expedite the end of the headaches. they usually last around 25 minutes now instead of 45 to an hour. I guess I'll hang out with you folks for awhile Sad
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:37am »

Careful with dopeymax. I had a bad experience with it. It made me stupid (OK, more stupid than I already am Grin). I got confused easily, couldn't find the right words, forgot stuff, even got lost while driving near my house. I was given a script to ramp up the dosage over a few days, but I stopped after 6 days. And, my headaches got worse.

As for Oxygen, 25 minutes is a LONG time. Are you using more than 12 LPM on your regulator? Are you using a non-rebrather mask. I kill mine in about 10 minutes, but many here kill them in 5 minutes or less with O2.
IP Logged
mwilson788
New Board Newbie
USA 

Feh

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 12:49pm »

Made you stupid too? I thought maybe I was just being silly. I can't hold a thought. I feel like an idiot. Not like I'm drunk so much just crazy. I think I'm going to call the doc. when I was referring to times on my headaches I was talking about time from inception of headache until time I could get it knocked out. Usually only about 8 minutes or so of O2.
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 3:16pm »

Do what you need to do. I just stopped taking dopey-pills. Couple of weeks later when I went to see him, I told him had quit taking topomax, and returned to him the unopened sample bottle (he gave 2 bottles).

He gave me a prednisone taper instead....
IP Logged
upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:43pm »

I don't know about topamax but o2 works for me and had luck with pre tapers. Good luck to you
IP Logged

Tom
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss