Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 10:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newly diagnosed CH sufferer... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Newly diagnosed CH sufferer...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newly diagnosed CH sufferer...  (Read 273 times)
JESSICA.D
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Newly diagnosed CH sufferer...
« on: Jan 20th, 2006, 1:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everyone!
I'm a 22 years old woman that just got diagnosed with CH. I've been having those attacks every 2 years, but up to now, didn't know what they were. The information on this website was amazing!!! I can finally try and explain to my employer why I'm sometimes late for work, and my family understands me a lot better now. I even asked my doctor to change my medication due to some info I had gotten on this site, and it worked!!!!!Thanks to all of you, and I wish you all better!!!
Jess -xxxx-
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Newly diagnosed CH sufferer...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20th, 2006, 1:52pm »

Welcome to our little corner of paradise, so sorry you had to join the club, but so glad you found us! 25 years of the beast here, and the board constantly gives me ideas for tweaking meds for better effects. Please keep us updated on what does and doesn't work for you. It's how everyone here learns. And again, welcome!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 1:19am »

Welcome Jess

Info is free to all. Share and share alike.
IP Logged

MJ
upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 8:32am »

Welcome to the board
better late than never
IP Logged

Tom
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 2:31pm »

Welcome to the nuthouse. A bit more about what you do to handle the beast? You say you switched meds, what do you take now? Are you aborting with Oxygen? If not, give it a try. It's cheap, safe and very effective.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 2:49pm »

Don't grab info and run. Stick around and row! Welcome and glad you could benefit.
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21st, 2006, 8:46pm »

Hi Jess
Welcome to the best nut house around, sad that you have to be here but your among people who are only to willing to help.

I’ve only been here one year but what iv'e learned over that year has been of enormous value to help me work through.

If you haven’t tried o2 you really should it works brilliantly for a lot of us.
It’s great that your Doc is taking notice of your input for the condition cos normally they are totally unaware of it.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
JESSICA.D
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 9:46am »

Thanks to all of you!!
When all of this started this year, the docs gave me a type of narcotic (trianal) to try and kill the pain. Well, needless to say, that really didn't work... Then they tried prescribing me Imitrex, but 25mg pills. That didn't really help either, because the second the pain starts getting just a little too strong (which is almost every time), I throw up. So when I found this site, I went back to the doc and asked for injectable Imitrex. He didn't know about it but looked it up, and we managed to have a special order because no pharmacy around had it. Up to now, it's been working really well. The only draw back is that it's 50.00$ a shot.... But, as all of you already know, no price is too high to keep the beast away!!!
At least this time, I have some medication to rely on. Two years ago, when I got the first bout, they didn't want to give me anything. I saw my medical file and the docs had suspected CH, but since I'm a girl and under 30, they couldn't believe it...
The docs didn't mention anything about O2 though... How could I get to try that? I just ask the doc and he prescribes a tank? I'm new to this, so please help me!!!
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:10am »

Bring this with you next time you see your doc:

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

It has great info on meds, including Oxygen. Also, print the oxygen info link on the left. If the doc doesn't agree, find a new doc. O2 is cheap and safe, and very effective.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss