Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 3:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « where to start »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   where to start
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: where to start  (Read 247 times)
bassman
New Board Newbie
USA 

learning from all the fools and the sages

where to start
« on: Jan 25th, 2006, 1:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i dont really know where to start, i'm a 26 year orld male that has been suffering from ch for 7 years went through docs but none seem to know anything, the only thing that seems to help is o2, and knowing that i am not alone
IP Logged

it's all right now...but later?....forget it
thats later. now is now are you going to be here now
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: where to start
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 1:59pm »

The great news is you're right, you're not alone. Let us know what you currently use as a preventative and what you use when they hit. What has and hasn't worked for you. You'll get a lot of good suggestions from what's worked for others. Start reading like crazy and get used to knowing more about this condition then most doctors you visit!! Welcome to the board, there are some beautiful people here and a few grumpy ones. Even the grumpy ones will give you the shirt off their back!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
bassman
New Board Newbie
USA 

learning from all the fools and the sages

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 2:18pm »

well  currently i am using topamax, with little luck. during as attack i'v tried, cafegot, imitrex to name few but all for not
IP Logged

it's all right now...but later?....forget it
thats later. now is now are you going to be here now
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 3:29pm »

Please see my reply in the message, "I hate cycles", for some useful resources.  

Learning is the first step!
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 7:01pm »

You say you've tried cafergot and oxygen, how you use them is very important. I pop a cafergot at the first sign of a headache, then start with the oxygen. The oxygen seems to chase it away, ususally within 4-8 mnutes, the cafergot seems to keep them at bay. I'm not sure how you use the oxygen, you need pure oxygen so re breather masks suck! I use a straight demand regulator, others use the cluster mask, read up on it on the left here.  What Bob said is soooooo true, learning is the first step. You won't ever find anything to "cure" the beast, it's more of learning to manage it! Hoping you find something that helps.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss