Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 4:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Went to see Neurosurgeon today... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Went to see Neurosurgeon today...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Went to see Neurosurgeon today...  (Read 442 times)
Will_Williams

Email

Went to see Neurosurgeon today...
« on: Jan 25th, 2006, 5:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The vascular abnormality that I have is called a Developmental Venus Anomaly. Basically, its when the main vein in the cerebellum is much larger that normal. It's actually quite common from what I'm told. The neurosurgeon said that his sister had the same condition. He said that many people are born with it and it isn't life threatening or even a problem and that no matter what anyone says, I should never have surgery on it, because if it is removed I'll have a stroke. He also stated that the Anomaly and my headaches have absolutely nothing to do with each other. So I believe that it's safe to say that I'm simply another clusterhead. I was actually kind of hoping that it would turn out to be something else treatable. All the same though, my headaches are going away!!!!!!!!!!! Grin I still get a minor throbbing pain in my temple everyday, but it's getting lighter day by day! I kicked the Indomethacin about a week ago!!! My neurologist brought the dosage down to 25mg from 75mg after I told'em how terrible it was and I'm never going to pick the shit up!!! I don't even want a 3rd of what I just went through. To everyone still suffering hang in there! There's a bright Toyota high beam reflecting off the sun drowned in UV rays light at the end of that tunnel waiting for you. Just don't look at it yet, because it might trigger a cluster... Cool Good Luck and stay positive!
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2006, 5:24pm by Will_Williams » IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Went to see Neurosurgeon today...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2006, 11:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Will  
Glad you got the questions answered. I have heard of the vascular anomaly thing before.

Glad to hear you made progress with both the docs and CH.  

Now turn off those brights cause they hurt my head.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Went to see Neurosurgeon today...
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26th, 2006, 9:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Envious of you at cycles end, still mid cycle! Glad to hear the vascular thing is a nothing burger, although I understood your hope that it was fixable and would make your headches stop. Early on I tried a million different things that all seem so dumb now trying to stop these things! Happy sailing, here's wishing for one of those 2-3 year breaks!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss