Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 8:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I'm glad I'm not alone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I'm glad I'm not alone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I'm glad I'm not alone  (Read 293 times)
Lietuvos
New Board Newbie
USA 

AHHH...AAHHHH.. .AAAHHHHHH

I'm glad I'm not alone
« on: Jan 29th, 2006, 12:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am 35 years old and have suffered with clusters since i was 12. I get them on both sides and sometimes bleed from the nose during the worst of them. My doctor calls them "suicide headaches" since some of the sufferers commit suicide because of the pain. i have tried a gauntlet of meds and even O2 and the only thing that helps is taking a hot shower. Now i understand this means taking 5-6 showers a day, but those of you who suffer would piss on a sparkplug if you thought it would help. My mother used to think i was faking these headaches until, during one episode, the white of my eye turned blood red. I'm sure mine aren't as bad or happen as often as some of yours, but i suffer none the less. I don't make much money, so, frequent doctor visits are not an option.

if anyone has any...and i mean AAANNNYYY...advice on ending the pain sooner please let me know, i don't care how stupid the suggestion sounds, it may help

thank you

p.s. I no longer fear hell, for i have felt the pain of clusters
IP Logged

WHY PUT OFF UNTIL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN EXPLOIT OTHERS TO DO TODAY
bassman
New Board Newbie
USA 

learning from all the fools and the sages

Re: I'm glad I'm not alone
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29th, 2006, 1:52pm »

this cycle has almost made me go broke but even so a good doc can be worth it. my advise read all you can and be your own doc just check with a real one to write the script and see if the meds are ok for you i agree hell will be easy
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2006, 1:53pm by bassman » IP Logged

it's all right now...but later?....forget it
thats later. now is now are you going to be here now
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29th, 2006, 10:07pm »

You said oxygen didn't work for you. Read the oxygen info on the left. Many people have found when they switched how they used it, it became effective. Heres to hopig you find some thing that works.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 8:28pm »

Sorry for your pain. Been to a neuro? What does the whole gammet include? Trex? Was it injection? Sometimes the drug therapy's tried have been tried again and worked. Like the O2 the administration is critical. Trex in pill form is worthless for the most of us.
 a bit more information and maybe you can find something besides showers. Caffiene will abort a mild one or delay until larger guns can be brought to bear.
Let us know lots of expierence around here.
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 8:57pm »

on Jan 29th, 2006, 12:07pm, Lietuvos wrote:
My doctor calls them "suicide headaches" since some of the sufferers commit suicide because of the pain.  

That term 'suicide headache" dates back a long ways. Clusters are also known as "executive headaches".

After 30+ years of suffering clusters and reading this board for about 7 years I have never seen proof that anyone ever committed suicide because of cluster pain.

And the executive term.......some of us may be  in the executive ranks but my bet is that most are not.

Old wife’s tales and stereotypes in my opinion.

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 8:17am »

Lietuvos,  
I am a chronic sufferer. I have had CH for as long as I can remember, I am 42 now. Here are some things that I do for mine.  
I also use the hot shower. Sometimes, like last night, I will have the cold water totally off. My wife worries that I will get seriously burned doing this. Red Bull energy drink taken when the beast first starts up, can sometimes shorten that period. I have tried a lot of the other energy drinks with less success. Atomic Fireballs sometimes can distract a little. An herb tea called "ThinkO2" seems to help. Yesterday the monster clawed my brains for 9 straight hours, and the last things I did was drain 3 12 ounce glasses of water in 30 minutes, had a cup of thinko2 and a hot shower. Finally it broke. Since I also am limited on funds, cheap things like this are all I can do for now.  
I hope these help you, and thank you for being here!
IP Logged

Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 4:23pm »

if anyone has any...and i mean AAANNNYYY...advice on ending the pain sooner please let me know, i don't care how stupid the suggestion sounds, it may help

Just read, read, read.  All of the information is here on this site.  If you have specifiec question, just throw them out there and lots of experience folks will jump in to share what has worked for them.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss