Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 7:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New member from London, UK »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New member from London, UK
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New member from London, UK  (Read 290 times)
Sally32
New Board Newbie
England 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New member from London, UK
« on: Jan 30th, 2006, 1:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

Great to find this site!  I have been a cluster sufferer since I was 18 but wasn't diagnosed until I was 21.  Started off as chronic but finally became episodic around the age of 27 (am now 32).  For the last three years, I have had attacks from end of November to beginning of Feb.  Going through a particularly bad period at the moment and having up to four attacks in 24 hours.  Shattered!  And, for the first time ever, I have taken a whole week off work with them - I normally work round them by working at home and doing slightly funny hours but this time round, I just don't have the energy.

Would very much like to hear from others living in London as might be good to meet up with some others as find it a very lonely illness!

Sally
IP Logged
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Re: New member from London, UK
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 3:14pm »

I'm not from London, but welcome to the site...sorry to hear you're getting hit so hard...the lonliness is easier to take once you find this place, you suddenly realize you're not alone!!  It's great...so welcome, and I hope you starting getting some relief soon.. Smiley

April
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Welcome Sally!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 4:02pm »

I've been a suffer for fourteen years . Your cycle and timing is very similar to mine.  I recently found thsi place also and it has been a tremendous resource.  Read, Read, Read, Read, paying particular attention to the links on the right, and ask all of the questions you want.  This is a really helpful, knowledgeable group with a mountain of experience.  There is much here to learn and comfort given. No one knows what you are going through as well as we do.  I live alone and a phone call from a sister twice a month is my support group.  This place will provide more than you need.  

All the best,

rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 8:12pm »

Click on the OUCH button, left, and get to a group near you.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 10:52pm »

Everything is going to be fine, Sally. You found the right place.

The world-famous "one-and-only" LeLimey from the UK will be greeting you here shortly.

BB  Grin Cool
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 3:53am »

Good grief Bob, how can I live up to that?!
Hello Sally it's nice to meet you.
I'm gutted you didn't find us last week as we had a meet and greet in London on friday night! (I do organise them pretty regularly so there'll be another one soon!) I used to live in London myself, ws born in Westminster hospital and grew up in Victoria so you don't get much more central than that! I'm in Notts now but it's only an hour by train to London so I'm up there very regularly. I'll send you an IM (check at the top of the page for your messages) and if you let me know where you are there might even be one on the outskirts of London that would suit you. We tend to meet up every other month or so at least.
What meds are you taking for CH? Have you tried O2? List what you've tried and what works for you and let's see if we can get you sorted with any better options.
Take care for now and feel free to shout any time, either by instant message or here on the boards, we'll all help in anyway we can
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:01pm »

Hi Sally
I am far from the UK, but here to offer what I can. I am chronic, and have had CH for all my life. I, unfortunately, have missed many days of work, many days of play, many days of life because of CH. Until yesterday, when I found this place, I had no idea that there really were other people out there with this.  
God Bless and I pray you get some pf days soon!

Lance
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 3:07pm »

Well I'm from Southern California, but if you want to do a meet and greet with me my wife said we can you put you up in the spare bedroom! Welcome to the site, glad you found us, sorry you had to find us.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss