Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 6:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Supporter »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Supporter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Supporter  (Read 342 times)
Tracii
New Board Newbie
Australia 

New Supporter
« on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 6:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

Firstly i would like to thank everyone who has PM'd me and made me so welcome you have all been very helpful and i am greatful for your support.  Smiley

I am a supporter to my husband who has suffered  the wraith of the beast for 6-7 years , but was only diagonsed correctly about 4 years ago, he has been  on a variety of meds including firstly Panadine Forte which as you all know didnt do anything for him cept a trip to the ER after his Dr at the time kept pumping out scripts without taking the time for a proper diagnosis  which surprisingly enough he got at the ER along with a head Scan!! Since then hes been taking TEGRETOL firstly on its own with some relief then taking it along with INDOMETHACIN which wasnt a good mix, he was into week four and having 2-3 per day/night and his current Dr doubled his dosage which lead to vommiting and CH's lasting longer than ususal with alot more pain....

Since finding this amazing site i have armed him with all your suggestions and what has worked for some of you ,i have printed out alot of suggestions and sent them to him ( he is interstate working) in a hope that his Dr and Employers can have some understanding of what he is going through.

I convinced him to try the Red Bull when he feels a CH comming on and return to the Dr 5 days ago and he  has prescribed a drug called DESERIL and i am happy to report after 4 weeks of unrelenting angony and very little sleep he has had 5 DAYS pain free  Grin

I know i can never really understand his pain and what must be going through his mind during a episode but after reading all your words at least i can give him some of your ideas and support him as best as i can.

Thanks again

Tracii & John
IP Logged
DennyM
New Board Newbie
Australia 

She-Who's-Never -Obeyed

Re: New Supporter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 7:13am »

Hi, again Tracii!

Iv'e just sent you a PM! Lovely to see you here on the board. You'll get to know some fantastic, compassionate, helpful people here, and as and when John is able to join us, he too will find loads of very valuable advice.

CH is not an easy thing to deal with. You'll read some things on this site that are absolutely hearbreaking - from both sufferers and supporters. The important thing is - we're all here for each other, and no - it's not an exclusive little clique - it's just that people who have never dealt with CH (this includes a surprising percentage of the medical proffession) don't begin to have the smallest inkling of just how destructive this affliction can be. For many of us - until we came to CH.com - the feeling of isolation was just devastating.

Read everything you possibly can from the left hand side of this board. Arm yourself with is much info as is available, and, above all - don't be a stranger!

Love

Den

IP Logged

Forgive them their sins against us, just don't let them forget 'em.
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 7:46am »

I've always considered myself fortunate in that I'm only a CHead.  Dunno how you supporters hack the pace, really I don't.  First hint of a shadow and I'd be into the bush so fast even the tax man wouldn't keep up.

Just remember to keep a little time out for yourself.  Even if it's treating yourself to a haircut or coffee with friends, but not letting this beast run your life.

Miles and piles of smiles,

Brian way up north.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 7:07pm »

Hi Tracii

Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us even though it’s through the tricky little shit we deal with.

Please pass our best on to John and hope things get better for him soon.

How did he go with getting the o2, keep us posted.

Kind Regards
Barry
The Norwester
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 7:52pm »

LOL is this the NEW AUSSIE section of the message board??
  Traci...........all of what the boys from waay up North have said...and GOOD for you and John! You are taking control of the beast, fighting fire with fire!!! I think you have learned already, CH is NOT what you are....it's something you deal with. make the very best of John's PF time, and use all the tools available when you must deal.

I am so sorry John needs a supporter, Traci, but welcome, welcome!
Drop in for hugs or laughter whenever....
Den and Brian.you guys are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, Barry.so are YOU!
Cathi -The Pacific Northwester!  Wink

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2006, 7:54pm by Cathi04 » IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Tracii
New Board Newbie
Australia 

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 3:38am »

I agree you guys are great , thank you all for all your kind words ,PM's and support it has helped more than you know.

Cheers  

Tracii  Grin

IP Logged
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 3:24pm »

Let me just say thanks to you.  My wife has been amazing to me despite the fact that I want to leave the house and hide from her so she doesn't have to deal with this anymore.  Without her and my kids, I would have a tough time wanting to even live but they have made it much easier to get through this.

Support people rule.  It sucks to need them and sucks to been a burden on them but it is amazing to feel loved by someone that much that they are willing to be there through this.

Anyway, thank you very much for being there for John.  I thank my wife every time I think of it and it isn't nearly enough.

IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 24th, 2006, 4:12pm »

Quote:
LOL is this the NEW AUSSIE section of the message board??

I was thinking of the exact same thing but you beat me to it Cathi.   laugh

Welcome to you Tracii.  Please look into oxygen.  There is a link to the left of here that will explain it's uses and what kind of he'll need.  He does need a prescription for it (at least in the US we do)  but it's a Godsend for a LOT of us, it's cheap compared to other meds and virtually no side effects.

Quote:
support him as best as i can.
  and that's all you can do.  Looks like he has a great wife.   Wink

Linda  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Tracii
New Board Newbie
Australia 

« Reply #8 on: Feb 4th, 2006, 7:55am »

Just a quick update...

Seems the new meds DESERIL and red bull have been working their magic, john is now going into week 3 PF , with the exception of the two nights he thought it was ok to finally have a drink...WRONG he felt the familiar feeling lurking in after his first can and promptly stopped drinking.

He hasnt needed to get the o2 ..yet.. but i have sent him all the info he needs to give the Dr and he has also spoken to the local chemist about o2 just in case the deseril stops working ( fingers crossed it doesnt.)

Again thank you all for your support you are all amazing people  Kiss
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 4th, 2006, 9:57am »

Hey Tracii, welcome to the asylum. I'm blessed with a supporter like you. My wife found this site for me and it saved my sanity. Your husband is a lucky man! And the Aussie is right, even if he does talk funny. Save some time for yourself, these damn things can really take a toll on a family. Push for the oxygen, it's the greatest for stopping the hits and the side effects are nil. Bless you for being a supporter, you rock!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 4th, 2006, 12:35pm »

Hello and Welcome

. . . . . and ditto all the above.  My wife/supporter found this site for me 2/02 after a year of tests (normal of course), mis-diagnosis and non-working meds.  Was a basket-case when I came here . . .  have most of my life back.

Another vote here for 02.  It's my only abortive and has been a miracle for me.

Keep us informed on how you're doing and make sure you take the printed 02 info with you for your doc . . .  must be used with proper regulator and mask to be effective.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 2:10pm »

Tracii, I want to thank YOU for being a supporter. I know that I most likely would not be alive today if my wife was not able to support me as you are your husband. Many times I have begged her to take me out into the alley and shoot me like a crippled horse to put me out of my pain. obivously she refused. Her support is what keeps me going.  
So again, Thank you, as you may not be aware just how much it means.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss