Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need to have someone to talk with... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need to have someone to talk with...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need to have someone to talk with...  (Read 1263 times)
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

Re: Need to have someone to talk with...
« Reply #50 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cynner,  

You have my prayers! hug (fingers crossed too!!)
I hope all is well, and please keep us informed.

Dragnlance
IP Logged

Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #51 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 5:07pm »

on Feb 13th, 2006, 11:17pm, cynner68 wrote:

Good News-Potentially Bad News[/i] thing... Undecided
Good news is she understood and agreed that the Topamax needs to stop. I have been off it for 3 days now (scrip was due to refill, but I opted not to, since I wanted off it anyway). Didn't hurt my arguments any when I kept tripping over words, couldn't remember Dr.s name & had a mild CH hit while I was talking with her. Didn't take her long to reach for the Rx pad and change my meds. On the advice of many here, I asked about Verapamil and she did prescribe for it. She also gave me a scrip for O2!  Grin
The bad news in this visit was that it was immediately followed by yet another MRI. I've been having some pretty intense and troubling episodes of numbness and confusion [b]Could be a side efffect of the Topamax, etc. with this recent bout of HAs. She is very concerned that I may have had-be in danger of having TIAs &/or a stroke.

I had the same experience with Topamax though I would add the confusion and numbness to the Topamax side effects as well.

I hope things start to improve for you soon.

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
cynner68
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #52 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 11:32pm »

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I will let you know what I know when I know it... Wink

As for the tapering off the Topamax, I asked my Dr. about it, but she said that since I had already been off it for a couple days, there was no need to restart just to decrease dosage... I dunno'. I am so glad to be off of it I will just deal with it as it comes up, I suppose.
Started the verapamil (120 mg/day) tonight. I'm keeping positive thoughts that this is gonna be what I needed and things are gonna get better real soon. I know it can take a while to take effect. I'm as prepared for no preventative for a while as I can be. Got my 02, and all my digits crossed!
I will see the doc again in two weeks, so things-and dosages-may change then.  
Again, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. It really does help knowing that there are people out there somewhere that have a true understanding of the pain, fear, frustration and confusion I am going through. I find myself already thinking of this place and all of you as an integral part of my life and the fight against the Dragon.
Wishing you all many, many PFDAN!
IP Logged
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Feb 15th, 2006, 9:06am »

Here's hoping last night was a better one for you!! Smiley

Dragnlance
IP Logged

cynner68
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #54 on: Mar 13th, 2006, 12:35am »

Just wanted to stop in and update you on things...
I haven't posted in almost a month...Because HAs have been close to the last thing on my mind!  Roll Eyes I have only had three or four attacks since I was here last. The verapamil and melatonin combo seems to be working wonderfully for now! The 02 and maxalt are there for me when the dragon starts growling, and so far, I have been able to keep it from reaching the horrible, screaming, torturous levels I was at a few weeks ago.
Maybe it's coincidence- maybe I am just finally breaking out of this cycle, I dunno, but it has been as close to a miracle feeling as I  have had in I-dunno-how-long.  
Good news is that my MRI showed no new lesions. Bad news is that the ones I have aren't going away. Undecided My blood work came back not so great, though. My Neuro has now referred me to the hematologist and the rheumatologist. Levels on a few things were way off. And the big news that came out of all this was that there is a very good chance I have Lupus.  Talk about kicking a girl when she's down! More tests and more questions...
Think happy thoughts...Think happy thoughts...  
(It's not working... Cry  I'm very scared right now...   )
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss