Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 6:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Superbowl weekend in the hospital!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Superbowl weekend in the hospital!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Superbowl weekend in the hospital!!!  (Read 215 times)
anniibell
New Board Newbie
USA 

Superbowl weekend in the hospital!!!
« on: Feb 7th, 2006, 7:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

well, my boyfriend (Trasher) and i spent the last 3 days in the hospital because of his CH.  it was a very bad weekend.....at least he didn't break his hand this time,( like it did 2 yrs ago),  just bruised it.  the docs cut his meds off, he was scared he might 'hurt' himself, and i was just plain scared.  so i took him to the er.  he ended up being admitted to st. joseph hospital...(to those of you who are from tacoma, wa).  it's so frustrating that none of the doctors understood what was wrong. it seems the nurses were more caring than the damn docs.  

monday he got out....now he's taking lithium, prednisone, verapamil, xanax, and he finally got some more imitrex injections.  he's doing a lot better!!  thank god.  

he was at his wits end....i was scared for him....i just wanted to help him and i felt like i failed.  i couldn't help, all i could do was just watch him pace and scream....did i fail as a girlfriend?  i love him so much, i wanted to take the pain away, but i couldn't.  the only good outcome of this superbowl weekend, is that his CH are tapering off.  thank you guys for your support!!!  go seahawks.  Wink
IP Logged
shenke
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Re: Superbowl weekend in the hospital!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 8:24pm »

Anniibell - I'm so sorry to hear that.  It was tough on you to.  Glad to hear that he is getting on some meds and that he has improved.  Hope he continues and has some PFDANs.

I left last weekend to spend time alone  (in a hotel ...scary uh)  Thought my husband didn't understand.  He thought he was loosing me.

Came home after 3 days and I think he looked worse than me.  I know he had to be scared out of his mind now that I look back on it, but I think the meds. they had me on was making me crazy out of mine.  

Things are better for us now too.  Changed some of my meds. But no pain free nights yet.  

Be patient though and yall come here anytime....It has helped me some much.  I'll be thinking about you both.

Sheila
IP Logged
anniibell
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 9:16pm »

shenke--
thanks for the support.  i wasn't really trying to get sympathy, just venting.  i totally understand why you had to get away!  'trasher'(steve) told me friday night that i should get away from him, he thought he might do something stupid....since he goes 'crazy' when the beast hits.  i never left his side.  i hope you will have PF nights ahead.  even though the tunnel seems neverending.....there is light at the end.  i believe in you...you have the strength to get through it.  i'm here for you, as we all are.  thanks so much sheila!!!!
-beth
IP Logged
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 7th, 2006, 10:21pm »

Beth,  
You did not fail. You were there. I can say that without my wife to support me, I dont think I would be here today. There is little that you can do, except to be there. If you leave, who knows what could happen.  
I want to thank you for sticking it out. You have no idea what it means to have someone there, even if the CH is making us crazy. So, Beth, Thank you for being a supporter
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss