Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello from Wales »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello from Wales
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello from Wales  (Read 216 times)
fog
New Board Newbie
Wales 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello from Wales
« on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone...
Just thought I'd better register and join THE 'club'  Smiley

I was finally diagnosed last year with chronic ch... REALLY glad to find this place and probably need to tell my story... but can't think too straight right now...

Just want to say thanks for being there. Just knowing that helps.

Cheers BFN
IP Logged

if the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, what is the speed of darkness?
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Hello from Wales
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 1:12pm »

Hi fog, sorry you're in the club, but I'm glad you found the clubhouse.  Smiley
There is lots of info and support here. While you're waiting to tell your story...read, read, and read some more.  
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 1:43pm »

Hello Taffy!  Grin
(Mind you I can't talk since my maiden name was Williams!)
Its nice to meet you, just sorry its here.
Looking forward to hearing more from you when you're up to it.
Take care
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 4:00pm »

Welcome.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 9:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Maybe have her read this thread? Wink

Welcome home Fog.  It sucks you had to seek us out, but you're in good company.

Smileymel
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Welcome Fog!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25th, 2006, 12:43am »

Glad you found the best bunch of CH supporters on the planet.  You no longer have to fell alone.  Read all you can on the site and jump in with questions or just to share the good and the bad.

We're here for you.

pf wishes,

rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2006, 12:59am »

Hi Fog & Welcome Home

Someone will post the link to "friends and employers" that may help with your lady and others.

This place is all about sufferers helping each other and battling our common beast.  What this site has done for me? . . .

When my wife found this site (2/02), I had been through a year of tests (MRI, CTs, etc.) mis-diagnosis, non-working meds.  When I got here and found a "name-for-the-pain" I was having 6-8 attacks per day and sometimes 3-5 per night, Kip 5-9, 20min to 2hrs long.  I was a basket case . . . afraid to go to sleep,afraid of the next one . . . how soon?  how bad? how long? Afraid to take my grandson to the woods or a movie . . . . life really sucked.

Here I found WHAT was happening to me and the means to deal with it.  For me it was Verapamil  and oxygen which I demanded with copies of info off this site in hand.  Within 2-3 weeks I had my first PF day in a very long time (had 3 attacks that night but had the 02 to help kill them), upped the Verapamil to a workable level (different for all of us) .  Oxygen is my only abortive . . . . can't take triptans (Imagran, Imitrex) as I have high cholesterol and some arterie blockage.  Can kill the beast in minutes if used early-on in the attack.  

DO copy the 02 info here and take it to your doc.  It works for 60-70% of us.  Must be used with a 15 lpm regulator and non-rebreather mask (the one with the bag) or clustermask to be effective . . . . a real miracle for those of us it works for.

Water/water/water.  Due to other medical problems, I am required to drink lots of water daily these past two years.  When I came here, I did do the water x 3 thing, but not near as much as now.  I'm convinced this has been beneficial in reducing frequency and intensity of attacks.

The upside of all this is that I have the CH part of my life under control . . . . have been (knock-on-wood) mostly PF this past year . . .  occasional attacks, but often several PF days in a row. and they are manageable with the 02.

Also, here you can chat with people who truly know your pain and a wealth of information to help you get YOUR life back.  One of my favorite mottos on this board is "Nothing works for everyone, but SOMETHING works for everyone"  Here you have a very good chance of finding the "something" that works for you.

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25th, 2006, 4:56am »

Welcome Fog

I can only reiterate what Richards said so well:

Quote:
Also, here you can chat with people who truly know your pain and a wealth of information to help you get YOUR life back.  One of my favorite mottos on this board is "Nothing works for everyone, but SOMETHING works for everyone"  Here you have a very good chance of finding the "something" that works for you.  
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss