Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 5:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hello »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hello  (Read 408 times)
suipop
New Board Newbie
Israel 

breath in, breath out

hello
« on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

thought i'd interduce my self befor i go asking a bunch of questions i know you're not gonna like  Undecided

i got here via maps-->clusterbusters-->here i am...
i've been reading quite abit about this illness you all suffer with and i have a bunch of questions that i hope at least some of you would be willing to answer (i've got some expiriance with online communeties and i know that "noobs" often get the boot or are ignored since they have no respect or real intrest to the subject discussed... i assure you this is NOT the case with me!)

i've always been interested in drugs, human phisyolegy, psycholegy, awarness and mind-body relationship
and after reading some of the information that's been put out on this site and on the clusterbusters site i have'nt been able to satisfy my curiosety...

i don't want to make this post too much like a disclaimer  Roll Eyes  but...
unfortunatly (and understandebly so...) people might take this the wrong way... after all i don't suffer from CH (thankfully) and indeed i don't even know anyone who does. but that's what makes the internet so great in my opinion...
so...
if any of you feel like i'm just talking BS and feel the urge to "give me the boot" please either simply ignore me or critisize in a respectfull matter (preferably in PMs becouse i'm here to learn and not to argue with, or offend anyone!)

that said...  Embarassed  Tongue
hello everyone and i hope my time here will be fruitfull for all of us!

see ya on the boards  Grin
IP Logged
chewy

Email

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just a bit confused.

Whats the reason your here again?
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:28pm »

on Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:01pm, suipop wrote:
got here via maps-->clusterbusters-->here i am...

Prolly explains alot.  Grin

Rich
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
suipop
New Board Newbie
Israel 

breath in, breath out

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:44pm »

Quote:
Prolly explains alot.  

yeah i think it probably can  Wink

i'm here becouse i'm interested with your expiriances
related to mushrooms but not only...
i'm also very interested in your thoughts about WHY (as opposed to how) CH happens, your relationship to the drugs you've been given/you've taken to treat CH and the mental side of dealing with this ilness

i hope this clears this a little... you're welcome to comment on that but i'll be more specific later when i feel i've read what i can... i want to avoide some of my own missconceptions (i'm assuming i have some of those since i don't suffer from CH) in regards to how you guys viwe your illness/situation
and of course get a feel for the place...

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 3:33am »

suipop you're very welcome to join us! I think English is probably your second language isn't it (not that your'e not doing very well with it!) and I think that may have been what's led to the confusion.
Clusterbuster's is a brilliant site and a great bunch of people too who are very respected on this site also.
Why don't you tell us a bit more about you and your experiences of everything to date and what led you to clusterbuster's etc? we'd be interested to read it and also get to know you a bit better!
Take care for now,  
Best wishes
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 4:14am »

Hey suipop,
Probably the best thing for you to do is click on the buttons on the left side of your screen. They will give you all the information about clusters and treatments. If you have any questions after reading all that please feel free to ask.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
suipop
New Board Newbie
Israel 

breath in, breath out

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 5:34am »

yes english is indeed not my native tounge... i'm aware that my spelling is not so good but i don't let it bother me too much (although it annoys the hell out of me becouse i might choose not to use a certine word simply becouse i can't spell it...)

well... ever since i found out i'm gonna die some day i've been facinated by the expiriance of life.
and i strive to understand it as bast i can... and i mean the actual expiriance of contiousness (one of those words i try to avoide) what it is and how it relates to everyday life, the effects it has on my body and the people around me.

i've had some expiriance with dibiletating headaches when i was young (around the age of 12) and i've never found any reason for it... been scared they might come back for some reason and i've been curiuse about it ever since.

one thing i feel has led me to better understand my self has been my cannabis use. but i wouldn't say i'm a regular pot head... i was constantly aware of my self while getting stoned and treated the expiriance as a tool, a teacher of sorts...  
it changed the prespective of my life and made me realize i've been missing out (by not committing my self to my life.... i still don't but at least i'm on the right track)

i've yet to expiriment much with other hallucinogens but i've been reading alot about mushrooms for the past two/three years (ever since i decided i wanted to try them) and have been amazed with the people i've encountered on my way... i found lots of people that viwe life in rather the same way i do and have contributed much to who i am right now!

so far i've only been able to procure a small dose of mushrooms and experiment with it but i had almost no effects (none that i could notice) except a sort of "comfrtable in my own skin" sensetion (which i think might have some implecations to why mushrooms help with CH. but that's a whole other post Tongue )

i'm finding it hard to explain... i need to ramble so much about my self and my belifes in order to make this coherent... i'm sorry if this will turn out to have no point...

anyway... since i've been active in drug forums for years now (mind you i don't use/abuse drugs at all! i never drink, i haven't smoked pot for a while now... and that's it really.) i feel it's important that people be safe and responsible about their drug use (as with anything they put into their body) but unfortunatly our society makes it hard for people to do it safely... i find it sad that people like you have to be made to feel like criminals for searching a cure!
not to mention all the people that would benefit by medical MJ!

so after reading about CH on clusterbusters there were loads of questions that i felt i had to ask!
i also have some theories i want to discuss... and maybe i could even help in a way?

well i've rambled enough for now...
thanks for the welcome  Grin

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 6:37am »

Oh.
I'd like to point out quite categorically that this is a site for clusterheadache sufferers and their supporters.
It says quite clearly on the door that if you are looking for drug info or whatever that this isn't the site for you.
Neither is clusterbusters in that clusterbusters is a site for people who use various hallucinogens to combat clusters NOT for recreational use.
If you have Cluster Headaches, welcome.
If you are looking for info about Cluster Headaches you're still welcome.
If you're looking for info on how to get drugs for recreational use then please don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way back out.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

chewy

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 6:38am »

Quote:

This site is devoted completely and exclusively to those that suffer from, and to the supporters of those who suffer from Cluster Headaches!
IP Logged
suipop
New Board Newbie
Israel 

breath in, breath out

« Reply #9 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 6:52am »

i AM interested in a certine aspect of CH and it's treatment... specifically mushrooms!

this is exectly the kind of reaction i was expecting and trying to avoide!   Undecided
i'm not here to score drugs or talk about recriation usesage of any drug! (i know enough forums to do that!) but i'm here becouse i'm interested to hear your thoughts about certine drugs and treatments in relation to CH!

i know i'm a little hard to follow but i do my best...
please don't make me out to be just a "druggy" looking for entertainment
it's nothing like that!

i've expected this to raise a few eyebrows and i don't want anyone getting the wrong idea... you might still not approve (and i'd respect that) but like i said... i'm not here to argue or offend anyone, i'm just here to ask a few questions and exchange a few ideas
so please don't write me off just yet!
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2006, 6:53am by suipop » IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 7:21am »

With four posts so far to introduce your questions, you may lose your audience's interest that way.  

However,

on Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:01pm, suipop wrote:
after reading some of the information that's been put out on this site and on the clusterbusters site i have'nt been able to satisfy my curiosety...

The information that all have contributed to this site is pretty much the attained and combined knowledge of experiences  from cluster headaches.  If you have not found what it is you are curious about, perhaps it is not here.  

Quote:
i also have some theories i want to discuss...

Theories to discuss about a subject you are curious about, which you have not found here?

Quote:
(i've got some expiriance with online communeties and i know that "noobs" often get the boot or are ignored since they have no respect or real intrest to the subject discussed... i assure you this is NOT the case with me!)

Sometimes it might be that the community just may not have an interest, or even possibly not respect the theories, since the subject of which they may be about have not been found on the community's site.  They may be different, or not applicable, so...
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2006, 7:24am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #11 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 8:38am »

on Mar 23rd, 2006, 5:34am, suipop wrote:
except a sort of "comfrtable in my own skin" sensetion (which i think might have some implecations to why mushrooms help with CH. but that's a whole other post Tongue )

Using hallucinogenics has a direct effect on the pain receptors in the brain. It has a "closing the door" effect on the ones that cause the excruciating pain of CH. It's not at all about getting high, or even feeling comfortable in our own skin. I've experienced a great deal of relief with these treatments, and not once have I been "high" from them. On the left is a link to the OUCH website. Click on it, go the news section, and read some of the past issues. There are some good explanantions there. Look in the Sept 05 issue, it has a good article on it, as will the April issue...coming very soon.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
suipop
New Board Newbie
Israel 

breath in, breath out

« Reply #12 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:57am »

on Mar 23rd, 2006, 7:21am, Kevin_M wrote:
With four posts so far to introduce your questions, you may lose your audience's interest that way.  

yes i may, however if i jumped ahead and came off as a disrespectfull noob you'd kick me out or consider me an idiot so i rather be heared out befor everyone jumps to conclutions

However,

The information that all have contributed to this site is pretty much the attained and combined knowledge of experiences  from cluster headaches.  If you have not found what it is you are curious about, perhaps it is not here.  

i think it's not here becouse no one bothered to ask about or speculate about it thus far! it's a diffrent aspect of this subject that most of you are simply not attuned to

Theories to discuss about a subject you are curious about, which you have not found here?

the subject IS here......

Sometimes it might be that the community just may not have an interest, or even possibly not respect the theories, since the subject of which they may be about have not been found on the community's site.  They may be different, or not applicable, so...

i understand and respect that some if not most will not agree or want to take part in my speculations or inqueries that's why i'm doing my best to explain and avoide unneccery confrontations

well... what i find lacking is a discussion of why you think psylocibin breaks cycles... personally i think "blocking the door" is probably no more then an assumption (and i'm not all about highs either! i thought i made that clear by now)

most acounts deal with the simple fact that it does stop the pain without going much into the why and how (as it relates to personal expiriance... which i am interested about)
i find this approach lacking... of course that's only ME becouse all of you are here to seek treatment and support and that's totally understandable (becouse you don't seem to be interested in the personal expiriance but more on the effect of a certine drug on the pain).
but still i personally feel you could be much more accurate in your descriptions

as far as i understand the hypothalamus is belived to be the reason for this disorder and the hypothalamus regulates automatic processes in the body.
now... i found my expiriance with mushroom to be "a feeling of being comfrtable in my own skin"
i should explain that becouse you have no idea what i'm talking about...
i noticed that i think/feel/do things out of habit and that i sort of have to battle with my self constently insted of simply DOING without thought or feeling (i noticed that while on mushrooms) i noticed similar effects with cannabis...
it's a sort of "unlearning"
mushrooms made me feel "fresh" like every expiriance was a new one and clean of old judgment (and i stress that it wasn't even a recriational dose...)  

i've read here that after a mushroom dose the hypothalamus seems to revert back to a normal function
that might be the technical explenation (and as far as i've read you don't actualy know why it does that) but there's much more to the brain then a single glend! it's all wired and our understanding of the brain is still pretty vague (inspite of the welth of knoledge we already have)  

i also belive that most disorders in humans have to do with the psychological aspect of a person as much as his physical one... i know that thoughts can directly influance the way the body works!
on that subject i found no refrences so far (i've looked around but i might have missed it...)  

i'm also curiuse to know if any of you tried treatments that involve biofeedback, meditations, yoga and things like that (i still haven't gotten around to search about these though... only seen one thread about accupanture so far which it's author BTW seemed to be just as defensive as me inorder to be heard)

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:03am »

The relaxation provided by yoga, biofeedback and the like are very often triggers for CH. We seem to do best when stressed. I've gone the accupuncture route, with no improvement at all. There really isn't a psychological component to the pain itself, it's strictly physiological and neurological in origin. There are psychological side effects from the condition, though.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:04am by nani » IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #14 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:08am »

on Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:57am, suipop wrote:

well... what i find lacking is a discussion of why you think psylocibin breaks cycles... personally i think "blocking the door" is probably no more then an assumption (and i'm not all about highs either! i thought i made that clear by now)..................i'm also curiuse to know if any of you tried treatments that involve biofeedback, meditations, yoga and things like that (i still haven't gotten around to search about these though... only seen one thread about accupanture so far which it's author BTW seemed to be just as defensive as me inorder to be heard)

Here's an easy answer for the first part: We haven't figured it out yet either, get back to us if you find out something useful elsewhere.

and for the second part: some have had some success with biofeedback techniques but for most who have had some limited success it all goes out the window when the pain really hits the fan.

and finally, we're really quite serious that this site is devoted for use by sufferers and supports of CH.  

scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
suipop
New Board Newbie
Israel 

breath in, breath out

« Reply #15 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:49am »

thanks for the matter of fact answer  Smiley

what i'd like to know though is WHY relaxation seems to trigger CH?  
is it an automatic response... could the body just be searching for a distraction and doing what it mistakenly learned to do (trigger a CH)?

i've been dealing with panic attecks (very short lived though) since i found out i was going to die...
every once in a while i'll freak out thinking about it... trying to imagine it... it's a response my body learned!
it's something i wasn't born with!
i've learned to anticipate an attack and abort it... i still feel a rush of andrenalin and all sorts of other effects but not like a full blowen panic attack!
i realize this is far from a CH but what i'm suggesting is that maybe the reasons for the bodys responses are somehow behaviural and maybe the fact that mushrooms help is becouse psylocibin somehow stops one from "being on auto pilot" giving the person controll over the trigger mechanizem (whatever it is)

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #16 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:57am »

Panic attacks seem to be a physical response to a psychological situation. I can control those with conscious breathing. CH happens when the blood vessels dilate, and the expansion causes it to irritate the trigeminal nerve, which is what causes the pain. I can't speak of these things with the technical prowess of others, and I'm really only partially educated on all this. It seems to me that relaxing can cause blood vessels to relax and therefore expand a bit. Clusterbusting closes the door on the pain receptors affected by the trigeminal nerve. There is also a serotonin component that I don't feel well versed enough to speak about.
IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:46pm »

Quote:
i know that thoughts can directly influance the way the body works!  

You cannot out-think cluster headaches nor think your way out of cluster headaches. The pain is just too great.

Why mushrooms work? I have no idea and I don't care. I have never tried mushrooms but if I ever go back into a cluster I will be contacting cluster busters for help.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
chewy

Email

« Reply #18 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 9:06pm »

When in doubt, refer to the basics:

Quote:
This site is devoted completely and exclusively to those that suffer from, and to the supporters of those who suffer from Cluster Headaches!
IP Logged
suipop
New Board Newbie
Israel 

breath in, breath out

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25th, 2006, 5:40am »

sorry, it's hard for me to explain my self and i seem to give off the wrong imprestion...
i am not terminally ill!

i did not suggest that one can simply "out think" a CH!
what i did suggest is that if one concentrate on individual expiriance he might be able to "out think" the trigger... avoiding the result (a CH)
and perhaps one becomes more attuned to that with mushrooms

either way....... i'm not going to presue this any further,  
for now anyway...
i might post another thread/s with specific questions but i'm not sure (i've got some answers but i'm not sure i can explain my self any better...)

thanks for now

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss