Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 5:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « well, guess its official, im a clusterhead. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   well, guess its official, im a clusterhead.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: well, guess its official, im a clusterhead.  (Read 253 times)
seventh
New Board Newbie
Israel 

Bust A Move.

well, guess its official, im a clusterhead.
« on: Jun 21st, 2007, 6:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

been seeing many neuro's, got diagnosed last week with clusters by one of my country's best neuro's... im a clusterhead.. im 17 soon and im from israel.  

nice to meet you all Smiley
IP Logged
Shedz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

OUCH UK MEMBER

Email

Re: well, guess its official, im a clusterhead.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 6:35am »

Well you've found the best place to be for advice and support.
 It's bad that you had to find us, but welcome aboard Wink

Paul.
IP Logged

I push my fingers into my eyes, It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache, But it's made of all the things I have to take, Jesus it never ends it just works its way inside, If the pain goes on, I AM gonna make it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps7AM8HbjE
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 10:11am »

I remember you from when you were first here, seventh, when you were looking for answers about your headaches.  Glad to hear (I suppose that's the right term) that you've received a firm diagnosis.

If you don't mind, could you tell us a bit about what your neuro has prescribed for them, and what approach you've begun for treating these--or dealing with them?  We're certainly nosy, yes, but beyond our inquisitiveness, perhaps some of us may be able to give you some insights and tips about dealing with CH.  

Although I've had CH for a long time, I, for one, have not forgotten what it is like to be confronted with being hit the first few times.

Best wishes, and welcome,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 10:14am »

And at such a young age!!! I started my first mild hits about about your age. I'm 47 now the danged things still won't leave me alone!

Ditto to what Georgej said. Let us know what kind of a preventative and abortive routine your doc has you on. We can give some suggestions that have worked for us and maybe help you along! Glad you got the solid diagnosis, a huge first step. Hoping you're finding relief soon.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
seventh
New Board Newbie
Israel 

Bust A Move.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 10:24am »

Hey, well first thing my neuro did is gave me Zomig & Rizalt in case i get an attack, prescribed prednisone which im tampering atm (on about 25mg a day and dropping, started at 60mg a day) and oxygen...

the oxygen is sure helping me, though nothing on the Rizalt and Zomig =( , which is really annoying because im afraid to get an attack outside and will have nothing to help me get it through ... what can the neuro give to help with the attacks when im outside? inside the house i can use the oxygen.. but outside is a different story...
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 11:25am »

I'm not sure what your oxygen set up is like. I use the e-tanks which aren't very big, I keep them with me when I'm on cycle, in my car, at my office, it fits in a gym bag so no one sees it.

I also carry an imitrex "auto inject pen" with me when I'm on cycle. I hate how imtrex makes me feel when I have to use it but it will stop a headache in its tracks. They are expensive so it might be tough if you don't have good insurance.  

Be aware when you come off the prednisone, if you don't have a prevent in your system the headaches can come back pretty strong. When I do a prednisone taper I am starting on lithium at the same time. By the time I'm going off the prednisone I'm up to about 1200-1500 mg a day of lithium. That blocks most headaches for me.

Sorry but I'm not familiar with Zomig or Rizalt but I'm sure someone else will pipe in on that.  

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 1:00pm »

Quote:
Sorry but I'm not familiar with Zomig or Rizalt but I'm sure someone else will pipe in on that.  

Rizalt = Rizatriptan
Zomig = Zolmitriptan

Both relatives of Imitrex or Sumatriptan.

I STRONGLY caution you against having either of these drugs within 24 hours of each other.  Most people here seem to have the best results with injectable Imitrex (sumatriptan) with a subcutaneus (below the skin) injection of 2 mg to 6 mg.

I agree with my Cluster Brother Guiseppi, take Oxygen wherever you go.  I don't know if they have aluminum cylinders of a portable size in Israel, I know that in The Netherlands, I had to lug a steel cylinder around, but do try to find out.

Mozel Tov Achi!  Shalom,

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 1:03pm »

I take the Zomig rapid melts tabs , they work, but not that fast, around 10 minutes or so, try taking a Red Bull or a strong cup of coffee at the first sing of pain and take your meds with you. Some ice packs can help also. But please do not be afraid to do your normal life. Ask your Doc about the injections and the nasal spray.

Good Luck Seventh!!!
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss