Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 7:13am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My first Post in this wonderful place »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   My first Post in this wonderful place
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My first Post in this wonderful place  (Read 325 times)
FastEddie
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

My first Post in this wonderful place
« on: Jun 26th, 2007, 7:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What a feeling to find out that I am not alone in this nightmare. I had no idea there were so many others out there that suffer the same hell, and even many that are worse off than me.  At last I can talk to people who know what I am going through.
Mine started about three years ago when I woke up screaming. I THOUGHT I WAS DYING. My wife packed my head in ice and got ready to take me to the hospital, but then it was gone - until the next night. It took 4 doctors to find out that I didn't have a brain tumor or migraines; I had the monster.  
After a few weeks they went away and I forgot about them for almost a year before they came back with a vengence.
I now carry my Imitrex shots everywhere I go as well as keep a bottle of oxygen  in my vehicle. This is now my 4th cycle and I am ready for this one to end; at least I hope it does.  I didn't even know they could come & stay until I read some postings.
I also found OUCH and I am going to the convention with my bride (of 35 years). I can't wait to meet another sufferer.  I also see I am not the only one that thought about ending it all to stop the pain.
IP Logged
michael
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

Re: My first Post in this wonderful place
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 8:51am »

Hi Eddie, glad you found us.

I found this site 3 months ago and I can still remember that fantastic feeling to communicate with another clusterhead.

I've had these things for 40 years and had never before made contact with another sufferer.

Hope you are pain free soon

Mike
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 12:06pm »

Glad you found us for there is much experience and deep knowledge here. Start by exploring the buttons (left): they will take you to other sites for information.

I have a strong bias for books for our initial learning because the material is organized. Suggest:

MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $59 at Amazon.Com.  It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.

Also see:  
http://www.headachedrugs.com/pdf/ha2006.pdf Dr. Robbins site. Then explore the entire site by deleting everything following. com/ and then hit enter.
======================================================================== =
Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 12:35pm »

HI Eddie!

Welcome aboard!!

I am glad you found the site and I am very happy that you will be making it to the convention!

I see you have your arsenal ready to attack the beast!  Grin

Hope you get lots and lots of PFDN!!!
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Shedz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

OUCH UK MEMBER

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 2:08pm »

shame you've had to find us but welcome aboard Wink
IP Logged

I push my fingers into my eyes, It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache, But it's made of all the things I have to take, Jesus it never ends it just works its way inside, If the pain goes on, I AM gonna make it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xps7AM8HbjE
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 8:19pm »

Hi Eddie,  

I'm the one you contacted at Family Services to ask questions about the convention. I am  So glad you found us over here at ch.com and I look forward to meeting you in Virginia.

You made your 1st. post in the exact right place.  Wink

Linda Howell
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 9:47pm »

Welcome home, Eddie.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 10:22pm »

Yes Eddie there are many of us out here (unbelievable)I thought the same thing.Welcome to our family.

Dave  wave
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 6:26am »

Hi Eddie!!!  Welcome to your extended famdamily Wink  I hope your cycle ends quickly.  Enjoy the convention, I hope to make to one someday with my hubby!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 10:23am »

Looking forward to meeting you both at the convention  Smiley

Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 10:13pm »

hiya
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 10:48pm »

I'm glad you found it.  I've been through all that, and was fortunate enough to hear about this site from my kid's bartender!  It got me over the hump and has helped several cycles since.  There's some nonsense, but there's also a lot of good folks here with very similar heads.

My you hits be light and your cycle short.
IP Logged

Jon
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss