Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 11:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New member »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New member  (Read 347 times)
Putter
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Nvr fully dressed w/o a smile!

« on: Jul 20th, 2007, 9:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,  My name is Leanne, and I have been in the present cycle since June 14. I have been having CH since I was approx. 20 (for 15 years).  
Usually they are over after 4 - 5 weeks for a good stretch of time but I am starting to worry that they will never end.  Huh  I am glad this site is here for me tonight. The beast hit me a few hours ago and my Imitrex spray didn't work. I am visiting my parents right now with my 8 month and 3 year old children and I am thankful I was here.... They got them fed and to bed for me. I had two CH prior to this one within the last 24 hours - at 6:00am this morning and 11:30 pm yesterday.  I used Zomig for those ones and it worked. I wonder why the Imitrex didn't????
I found it interesting to read some of the posts from everyone and see how others experience these.  Wow I am not alone...  good luck to other sufferers and thank you to supporters.  
I was nursing my son prior to the start of the present cycle so I didn't try the Calcium Channel Blocker, but I will next time. I hope it works.  Any comments?
I look forward to becoming more familiar with this site (as long as my children give me a chance to get onto the computer!)

Leanne
IP Logged
Debbie1
New Board Newbie
USA 

Getting too old for this!!

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 9:44pm »

WELCOME FROM ANOTHER NEWBIE! MY STORY IS UNDER HELP AND SUPPORT TITLED  11YEARS AND THEY'RE BACK!

THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!! Smiley
IP Logged

Debbie
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 11:09pm »

Hi Leanne!

Welcome aboard!!

I am glad you find us, no, you are not alone on this.

Why don't you try O2? It works for a lot of people here and it is safe to use.

Please stick around and let us know how you are doing.

I also have a little one, she is 6 and is my whole world  Smiley

others will come and greet you soon!

Clusterville never closes!!   Grin

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 11:27pm »

Hi Leanne. I'm with Rosy...look over on the left at the oxygen info link. I really don't think triptans are a good choice if you're still breastfeeding. They are powerful vaso-constrictors.
Hang in there.
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
SmoothSippin
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 11:27pm »

Glad you found the site. I am new to posting here as well. I rarely have luck with Imitrex. Zomig always seems to help me more. Of course it has to be spray. I am not even sure if they make a Zomig injection. It would be nice, but I bet the insurance would cover one a month Sad  Good Luck and look around on the site a bunch. Most things seem to be covered. I know I benefited greatly from Melatonin. I take about 3mg at night in non cluster periods ans 6 - 9 mg during. They really help you get a tad bit o rest.  

I am trying Topamax now. Just on the first week now so, not sure what to expect yet.  

Also, I am looking into trying straight O2.  

Good luck, hope the beast lays low tonight.

IP Logged

I pray to become the person that my dogs believe I am.
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21st, 2007, 7:00am »

Hi  Leanne wave
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Putter
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Nvr fully dressed w/o a smile!

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 3:08pm »

Thanks for the warm welcome. It sure is comforting to have read the replies and advice. I have tried O2, but it doesn't always help...  It looks like I have a bit of reading up to do to see others experiences and learn, learn, learn.  I am sure during the duration of learning about solutions, medications, etc, I will learn more about all of you too.  
I see there is a Convention that people attend, and that fellow sufferers and supporters share their lives too. I think that is great.
I can tell you that my family is in desperate need of a faster internet connection! My husband and I are taking our 3 year old daughter to Santas Village on Friday - baby brother Connor will have to settle for watching and trying out the swings. The sun is shining here today so we are going to get into the kiddie pool shortly.
Bye for now.
Leanne
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 10:08pm »

Hey Leanne - welcome.  I did get your PM - now go check yours.

I see you're going to Santa's Village on Friday.  Isn't it an awesome place to take little ones.

Another Canadian, Barry Sword lives right in Bracebridge.  I'm going to send him a PM now so he'll be sure to see your post.  Perhaps you'll get to meet a fellow sufferer!

Hang in there kiddo - you'll find answers to pretty much any question you can ask of this group.

Carol

IP Logged
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25th, 2007, 7:14am »

Hi Leanne, sorry you have to be here but you have come to the right place and are in good hands now.  

You mentioned the o2 and just curious if you have all you need for it to work such as a non-rebreather mask,and a 8 to 15 lpm regulator. I was so skeptical on o2 until I finally said I want to give it a try and I remember that first time it worked I stopped an attack in it's track. I pursued in getting proper Clustermasx and with it I can stop a hit in 4 mins. flat. I am also on 480mg of Verap. daily.

I thought this cycle was done a few times but when I started to taper off the Verap. WHAM! I am into my 9th month with this cycle but with right mg. of Verap. I am PF but have some heavy shadows so I know I am still in cycle. I have o2 at home and a portable in the car at all times.

Take care and hope you get some PF time.

Barry
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25th, 2007, 3:40pm »

Hi Leanne and welcome to the CH funny farm, crazy house, whatever.  Welcome to the Family - that's what this place is.

I'm sorry you are here, but if you have CH, this is the best place to have found.  There is more combined knowledge about CH on these boards than any physician in the world.

Please re-try oxygen, making sure you have a regulator that can go at least 15 lpm, and a non-rebreather mask - a clustermask if possible.  02 will kill a hit for me in 5 minutes or less!  

I am episodic, cycles lasting from 8 to 12 weeks, with 18 to 24 months pain free intervals.  I take no prescription meds, so I can't help you with information about those.  

Just know, we are here, 24/7, and the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask, so ask away.  We'll do our best to help you.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss