Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 2:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi im steve »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi im steve
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi im steve  (Read 227 times)
stephenireland
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Comedic "Clusterhead"

Hi im steve
« on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,  

I am Steve I am 23 and have recently been diagnosed with Cluster Headaches.  

I am in Portsmouth UK and really need some people to talk to about my clusters as its really getting me down recently.

My partner has been doing his research and come across this site so I thought I should pop in and say hello to everyone.

I have been having clusters for about 2 years now, being passed from pillar to post I finally found a Dr who understands and is very helpful (well more helpful than the others anyway!)

I have my 1st neurology appointment coming up and am so nervous about it! I was in hospital 2 days ago as I passed out at work from the pain. They're getting fed up with me now as all the time I am having off, I really dont know where I stand when it comes to work etc and I have tried to get disability help but again I dont understand it and the dwp dont seem to like helping either.

Anyway, I am normally a really happy go lucky, lively guy but at the moment my clusters are being a pain so my enthusiasm isnt all its usually cracked up to be.

Love to all,  
thanks for the site.
Steve x
IP Logged

--------------------------------------------
Stephen Ireland, 23, Portsmouth (UK)
"Thank you for your support everyone"
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Re: Hi im steve
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:22pm »

Hi Steve,

welcome to the board just sorry you have a need to be here.

You might like to have a look at OUCHuk as it will give you contact with a lot of UK sufferers.  
http://ouchuk.org.truecp.co.uk/html/default.asp  

OUCHuk also runs a helpline staffed by CH sufferers where you can talk to someone about meds, concerns or just to get a bit more info about it all.  

The helpline number is 01646 651 979 and it is an answer phone, if you leave your details 1 of the help liners will ring you back (of which i am one) and is staffed from 9am to 7pm.

Am sure you will get a few more replies asking about your symptoms and what meds you have tried/are taking and if you have found anything that helps you.

Dape
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:22pm by Dape » IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
stephenireland
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Comedic "Clusterhead"

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:29pm »

on Jul 24th, 2007, 6:22pm, davyp wrote:
Hi Steve,

welcome to the board just sorry you have a need to be here.

You might like to have a look at OUCHuk as it will give you contact with a lot of UK sufferers.  
http://ouchuk.org.truecp.co.uk/html/default.asp  

OUCHuk also runs a helpline staffed by CH sufferers where you can talk to someone about meds, concerns or just to get a bit more info about it all.  

The helpline number is 01646 651 979 and it is an answer phone, if you leave your details 1 of the help liners will ring you back (of which i am one) and is staffed from 9am to 7pm.

Am sure you will get a few more replies asking about your symptoms and what meds you have tried/are taking and if you have found anything that helps you.

Dape

Thank you for your message. I have come across Ouch UK and have left a message this evening. I am sure it will be nice to speak with someone who would understand more.

I am glad there are sites like this one where we can all interact and talk about our "clusterheads" etc

Thanks for the message,  
where abouts in the UK are you my friend?
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:33pm »

Welcome to the board from the states! It sucks to have CH but I will forever begrateful to it for leading me to the people on this site. Sounds like you're already dialed into the OUCH UK site. They'll be a world of help to you. Then stick around the board a while, some neat people here.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:34pm »

Hi Steve,

I am in East Anglia and the feeling that you get when you speak to your first cluster head is only passed by one other thing and that is meeting your first cluster head.

I know that OUCHuk are planning to do some regional meet and greets in the near future and i am sure there will be one down your way.

Dape
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
stephenireland
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

Comedic "Clusterhead"

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:36pm »

Dape,  

In terms of the meds and what I have tried this is what the DR suggested.

High Caffeine during an attack - Redbull (Energy drink) or ICED Black Coffee....   I don't seem to feel any different when using this method.

I have been prescribed 02 flow of up to 15lpm (but my mum said that this isnt a 100% oxy mask (not sure what that means) she has suggested that the respiritory company send me out a different one) (Does slightly ease the pain)

I tried the wafers that absorb into the bloodstream when putting them under the tongue. (these didn't work, DR said it could be because I am a big guy)

Anyway, I had a very bad attack 2 days ago when I was in a meeting at work, I passed out and was taken into hospital where they done an ECG, CAT Scan and Blood tests (all normal) Since that attack I have had several attacks very painful but thankfully not as bad as that one. I am having alot of trouble with my eyes being sore from light (wearing sunglasses now). Also I have a very sore kneck / back of head. Which I have never had before.

Thanks for reading x
Steve x

IP Logged

Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

« Reply #6 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 6:47pm »

Hi Steve,

The red bull needs to be ice cold and drunk as quickly as possible.

The mask needs to be a 100% nonrebreathable mask which means that you are only breathing O2 not normal room air which means the mask you have at the mo has great big holes in either side.

The Dr who told you the wafers didn't work because you are a big guy needs a good kicking in my opinion.

The sore neck / back of head is a common thing with a lot of Cher's that i have spoken to, i know i suffer quite a bit with a sore neck.

Dape

IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss