Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 11:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « wedding day headache »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   wedding day headache
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: wedding day headache  (Read 324 times)
clusthead
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

wedding day headache
« on: Jul 26th, 2007, 11:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys I am new on the site. Been fighting these bad boys oh for about 5 years or so. I'm an episodic sufferer ( my heart goes out to you chronic sufferers their will be relief) usually in the beginning of the winter and the first 2/3 of the summer.  I am pretty much a cluster poster boy.  Only on the left side, droopy eye, congestion, sensitive to light, throbbing pressure in the eye ball, you name it I've got it.  I would like to discuss the details a little bit more but I have a more pressing concern.  I am getting married- please G-od- on September 2nd and I am terrified of getting a cluster attack on wedding day.  Anyone have any suggestions of how to abort these things for a day or two so i don't have to worry about walking down the aisle like a "dead man walking" any suggestions anyone? anyone? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: wedding day headache
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26th, 2007, 11:20pm »

Have lots of coffee around when the hit begins swill down half a pot fast. Try not to pee in the aisle. Really caffeine or monster or redbull aborts the CH.
You dont have imitrex or other abort?
I'm a lefty too. Welcome
congrats
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 2:27am »

Hey Clusterhead,

First off congratulations.

I got hit at my reception and it was before I was diagnosed so I had no abortives so I had to tough it out.If I were you I would stock up on Imitrex you don't want these bastards ruin your special day.Good luck to you and your new Wifey.

Dave
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 5:19am »

Welcome aboard! Smiley

I'm so sorry that you have ch, but I'm glad that you've found your way here. Smiley  

I don't know what kinds of meds/treatment you use/have used with your ch, so it is bit hard to recommed things. I swear to Red Bull & other energy drinks and caffeine tablets myself, but I know that 02 (oxygen & the right kind of mask) help lots of people here. Smiley

At this very minute, I suggest that you will relax and don't worry too much in advance. You probably know if alcohol/lack of sleep/etc are triggers for you, so avoid those things you can around your wedding. And think about the places (church/reception/etc) you're going to be on that day and make sure that you'll have things you need to get rid of the hit closeby wherever you are -at all times! You can probably ask your bestman or someone else to double check that on your wedding day.

I'm sure that your spouse- to- be and others are aware of your ch, so they probably don't mind if you will "vanish" somewhere for a moment to get rid of the hit. Stress is one trigger to many, so the less you have that in advance, the better! Smiley

Many congratulations!!!  Smiley

PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 11:16am »

I also got hit at my wedding.
No big deal.I left for about 7 minutes and took a jab of trex.
I then partied my a$$ off.

If it will happen it iwll happen.

Don't fret just lkive and enjoy what will be the last fun you will have Wink
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 1:06pm »

You have time to get onto a good preventive med.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 1:25pm »

When I absolutely, positvely can't get hit, a work deal I can't get out of or something big, like a wedding!!!!!, I go on 60 mg of prednisone. Not a good long term med because it can be a bit hard on your body. I use it when my cycle first starts as i transition back onto my preventative. At dosages as low as 40mg a day I get complete relief.  

Might want to convince your doc it's worth a short term taper to get you through the big day. And congrats on the big day, I'll celebrate 25 years in September...(the 11th if you can believe it!!!) still think it was the smartest decision i ever made!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #7 on: Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:19am »

You will have so much adrenaline pumping that day, I don't think you will have to worry.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
mhadley
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 15th, 2007, 5:24pm »

I second Guiseppi.  Predisone is a great solution to discuss with your doctor, it can work wonders, and did for me.  But I've long since abandoned it because it is not a viable solution for a chronic problem.

Predisone is often used as a preventative for the beginning of the cluster, rapidly tapering off to allow verapamil to kick in (often takes a few days).  When I would take it the first few days, no headaches and I felt like million bucks.  But that's temporary.  Long term it did all kinds of nasty things.

Just be very careful about predisone.  Follow the docs directions exactly and don't get trapped into taking it long term just because it works at first.

And make sure you have injectible Imitrex (unless you've discovered that doesn't work).
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss