Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 1:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello All--Newbie saying Hi! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello All--Newbie saying Hi!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello All--Newbie saying Hi!  (Read 362 times)
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Hello All--Newbie saying Hi!
« on: Jul 31st, 2007, 12:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am new to this site and so amazed to even have found a place where there are people like me.  I don't know anyone else who suffers with clusters, and it is cool to have somewhere to talk with people who can relate.  I just got a new neuro guy and he is pretty good I like him, compared to the other dozen or so I have been to.  I recently had my third child and was off all my meds during pregnancy.  I lucked out anyway and was pretty much PF throughout 9 months.  Not so lucky now, have been in a cycle for 3 weeks now with no relief.  I am back on Topamax...worked before...and just got my o2 today.  Hoping to make some friends here Smiley
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: Hello All--Newbie saying Hi!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 12:21am »

Welcome and nice to meet you.
You have 02 and coffee your doing well. What other abortives do you have? Baby doing well? Stick around and looking forward to talking more.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
michael
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 6:03am »

Hi and welcome to the family.

Sorry you had to find us but so glad you have.

Mike
IP Logged
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 7:20am »

Pleased to meet you, good to hear you have o2. Lots to read here and to learn. Welcome. Smiley

Barry
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 8:03am »

Thanks for the welcome!  Baby is great.  I only have o2 and ultram for abortive.  What do you suggest?  I am unable to take triptans.
IP Logged
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 10:18am »

Have you tried any energy drinks yet they work wonders and with little side effects.

Welcome home look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Dave
IP Logged
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 10:39am »

No I haven't, but I do like Redbull and will get some in the house and give it a try!  

Thanks Dave

IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 10:41am »

Congrats on the new kid, what a blessing to be left alone during the pregnancy......bummer he had to come back and show his ugly face. Welcome to the board, if you get bored join us in chat some evening......that's where the real mental ones on the board hang out!!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 10:47am »

You didn't say if you are nursing, but even though Red Bull and the other energy drinks work well for some...I swear by strong coffee.  I always have a pot all ready to go and at the 1st. twinge I push the button, grab the 02 and when the coffee is done I put an ice cube in it so I can drink it fast.  Emphasis is on STRONG coffee.  

A bag of frozen peas to the back of the neck or temple helps a bit also.

Welcome to our world.   Undecided

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 11:09am »

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Guiseppi I would really like to join the chat...was up all night last night...silly question...how do I find the chat?  BTW did I mention I'm on DOPEYMAX! LOL
Linda, I had to stop nursing to go back on my meds.  I also LOVE strong coffee, and I also like to blast cold air on my face and eye from AC, either in car or at home...cold feels so good.

alicia
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 11:20am »

Somebody computer smarter then me do that link thing to the chat so she can find it....I still don't get a lot of that!!!! I had my wife put it in my favorites so I can always find it...........still in the dark ages with this computer stuff. And I love the cold air too, bury my face in the car's ac and hyperventilate,,, it feels sooo good!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 12:21pm »

Hi Womaninpain!!

Welcome home!!

Glad you find us and I see you already got to meet some of the finest around here. Smiley

Have you try melatonin for night hits?it will space them out a little so you can get some rest mostly now that you need it for that baby...being there done that  Roll Eyes

Run for you O2..it will save you countless of times..

about the anxiety..I think all of us suffer some form of it while in cycle.
 I think is normal because how would you not be anxious knowing that a certain hour of the day the nasty beast will show up to torture you??

If you weren't anxious something must be wrong with you  Wink plus you have a baby to take care of .

Hang in there. You are not longer alone on this.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Pain free wishes or you!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 3:03pm »

Olanzapine or Zyprexa has proved highly effective for others here who can't use triptans so it would be worth discussing with your doctors. You might want to do a search on either name for posts on it by BobJohnson or EDouble.

I hope that helps!

BTW Baby pics and all the details such as sex name weight etc are compulsory y'know!  Grin
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 5:22pm »

Hey Rosy & LeLimey,
I am having a heck of a time replying on here???  They don't go through this is my 5th attempt.  Thanks for the warm welcome!  So psyched to have found you all!  I will definitely try the melatonin, I need the ZZZZZZ's bad!  I will also ask Neuro about those meds you mentioned LeLimey, thanks.  Baby is a boy....our 1st together.  We both have two boys each from previous marriage.  All teenagers ages 17,16,15,14..and baby is 4 months old.  It's a blast!  His name is Cash, I will try to post a pic eventually...I can't even master the reply yet....grrrrr. No, we didn't name him after Johnny Cash..everyone asks us that...just an old Irish name we loved.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 5:40pm »

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/chat/
Nobody is home right now...but save the link.
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
cbad07
New Board Newbie
USA 

kill the monster

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 5:45pm »

HELLO , It is wonderful to find a site like this. Sometime I think I am the only one in the world with this terrible thing. I am 51 years old and have had clusters for about 11 years. Just wanted to say hi and I am glad to be here and sad at the same time.
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 6:27pm »

on Jul 31st, 2007, 5:22pm, WOMANINPAIN wrote:
 His name is Cash..just an old Irish name we loved.

I like CASH too, and more when is in my pocket!  Grin

just kidding, please post some pics, we love to see clusterhead babies!  you may not know this but our children are beautiful!  Wink

WELCOME HOME CBAD07!!

no, you are not the only one, and you are not alone anymore...

please stay with us and tell us how you are doing.

this place is always open...

Clusterville never closes!!!!!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 7:40pm »

Thanks for the link bbz! Hi cbad07 nice to meet ya.  Thanks Rosy...we like it.  We are always making silly Cash jokes around here too.  Our chalkboard in the kitchen says Cash weighed in at 14lbs. 3oz. at 4 month check up!  Hubby wrote underneath.,...That's A LOT OF CASH!!  It's nice to be Home Smiley

Wish I was feelin' better....
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #18 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 9:20pm »

Hi alicia!
I have three boys. 12, 8 and 19 months. Smiley

it's really nice to meet another Mommy and I am so glad you feel at home here!

Tons of Pain Free's for you!!

-lionsound
IP Logged
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 9:45pm »

Hi lionsound,
Thanks for the welcome and it's nice to meet another Mommy too!  It's nice to meet so many nice people here.  Hoping we can talk more, and wishing you lots of PF days as well Smiley

alicia
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 8:08am »

A growing number of folks are reporting good success with this med.

Headache 2001 Sep;41(Cool:813-6  

Olanzapine as an Abortive Agent for Cluster Headache.

Rozen TD.

Department of Neurology, Jefferson Headache Center/Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pa.

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate olanzapine as a cluster headache abortive agent in an open-label trial. BACKGROUND: Cluster headache is the most painful headache syndrome known. There are very few recognized abortive therapies for cluster headache and fewer for patients who have contraindications to vasoconstrictive drugs. METHODS: Olanzapine was given as an abortive agent to five patients with cluster headache in an open-label trial. The initial olanzapine dose was 5 mg, and the dose was increased to 10 mg if there was no pain relief. The dosage was decreased to 2.5 mg if the 5-mg dose was effective but caused adverse effects. To be included in the study, each patient had to treat at least two attacks with either an effective dose or the highest tolerated dose. RESULTS: Five patients completed the investigation (four men, one woman; four with chronic cluster, one with episodic cluster). Olanzapine reduced cluster pain by at least 80% in four of five patients, and two patients became headache-free after taking the drug. Olanzapine typically alleviated pain within 20 minutes after oral dosing and treatment response was consistent across multiple treated attacks. The only adverse event was sleepiness. CONCLUSIONS: Olanzapine appears to be a good abortive agent for cluster headache. It alleviates pain quickly and has a consistent response across multiple treated attacks. It appears to work in both episodic and chronic cluster headache.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Olanzapine has a brand name of "Zyprexa" and is a antipsychotic. Don't be put off by this primary usage. Several of the drugs used to treat CH are cross over applications, that is, drugs approved by the FDA for one purpose which are found to be effective with unrelated conditions--BJ.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 12:05pm »

Thanks BJ I will ask Neuro about it, I have heard of Zyprexa.  I'd take anything right now.

alicia
IP Logged
Metalcreature
New Board Newbie
USA 

Gotta love a good Stoudt

Metalownz74@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #22 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 4:44pm »

Welcome to this website. Sorry to hear your in cycle now, but your in great hands with these people! Im new here also, so were kind of joining at the same time. Im toward the end of a cycle, and havent had a CH in about 4 days. Im keeping my fingers crossed.   Shocked

If you ever need a friend, or just want to talk about CH, my email is Metaicreature@aol.com
IP Logged

After the madness is over and the shadows fade...drink up, because your life you now own again.

Joey B (Metalcreature)
Metalcreature
New Board Newbie
USA 

Gotta love a good Stoudt

Metalownz74@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #23 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 4:45pm »

By the way Alicia, my name is Joe. Darn, i always do that! lol
IP Logged

After the madness is over and the shadows fade...drink up, because your life you now own again.

Joey B (Metalcreature)
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 4:59pm »

LOL....Hey Joe,
Nice to meet ya....thanks for the intro and the welcome and the reach out too....I feel really rotten right now...I have sucked down my 4th o2 tank in less than 24 hrs now.  I got an MRI tonight and I just wanna die...you know what I mean....I do threaten to hang myself all the time, but I never would....I got a new baby who is worth living through this pain for.....my hubby just feels so bad everytime I say I am gonna hang myself with our bed sheets...ugh...I just wanna feel like ME again....sorry for the rant..just tried slamming the red bull, and now I can type real fast....hmmmm
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss