Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 2:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else suffer with anxiety??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else suffer with anxiety???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else suffer with anxiety???  (Read 285 times)
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Anyone else suffer with anxiety???
« on: Jul 31st, 2007, 11:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was wondering if I am the only one out here with really bad anxiety during my cycles.  I have been reading lots and trying to learn all I can, and I don't see much talk about it.  Anybody??  It really messes me up.

Thanks,
alicia
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Anyone else suffer with anxiety???
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 11:24am »

It's all in your head!!!!!! ( bet you've never heard that before) Grin  

Seriously, it gets discussed a lot on the board. There is a lot of anxiety and depression involved in something that hurts this much. I try to work on my attitude towards it since that's something I do have control over. Sometimes it does get a little overwhelming and you just need someone to vent to and have a pity party with. Those feel good every now and then!

Pay attention to it though, depression is real and can be a very dangerous thing. You're the best judge of when you do and don't have control of it.  

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 11:42am »

Thanks Guiseppi,
That first line made me laugh out loud!  It is true, but I definitely don't have a grip on it yet.  I think this cycle has worn me down.  I can't turn my mind off....ugh
I may need to get back on antidepressants again Sad
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 11:53am »

Nothing wrong with that child. Between CH, a new baby, your other kids, you've got a heaping full plate to deal with. No one knows you like you do, don't hesitate to lean on us either, it's what the board is for.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 12:04pm »

Thanks for the support!  I know me, and I think I need some extra help until I get through this cycle.  Having these boards and this support system is a blessing.  My husband is very supportive and helps me tremendously.  It is just so nice to talk with others who suffer too.  It's so hard to explain to someone who never had one.

alicia
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 2:36pm »

Pain vs. Suffering--research support
(Posted, 1/7/07)  

SSRIs used to treat depression have gained a good track record but docs have been long aware of relapses when the med is stopped. Research has lead to a recommendation that the med be continued for up to 18-months after the depression has lifted because this reduces the rate of relapse. Parallel research revealed that this longer use of the meds allows our brain to "rewire" itself leading to better long term outcomes.  

The article (available on the OUCH site) "Pain vs. Suffering" is based on cognitive therapy. These forms of counseling/psychotherapy have been strongly supported by good research. Now some evidence is appearing that these therapies act like the SSRIs to stimulate our brains to "rewire", affording protection against strong anxiety conditions. Bottom line: looks like it may be possible to alter brain functioning to build in a permanent reduction of the anxiety which besets many folks with CH. While the gods may not have made a final pronouncement yet, experience with cognitive therapy, so far, really supports its use to treat anxiety & depression. While using "pain vs. suffering" takes time, commitment, and practice, it beats endless use of benzos, etc.  

"“My brain is generating another obsessive thought. Don’t I know it is just some garbage thrown up by a faulty circuit?” After 10 weeks of mindfulness- based therapy, 12 out of 18 patients improved significantly. Before-and-after brain scans showed that activity in the orbital frontal cortex, the core of the OCD circuit, had fallen dramatically and in exactly the way that drugs effective against OCD affect the brain. Schwartz called it “self-directed neuroplasticity’ concluding that “the mind can change the brain?’ (TIME, 1/29/07. Major article on the human brain.) (OCD is classified as an anxiety disorder.)  

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/painvsuffering.htm
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 5:43pm »

With all of them teenagers...no wonder laugh
It's all part of it to some degree.
all the best
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 7:44pm »

Very interesting article Bob.  Yes, who wouldn't have a cluster with a house full of teenagers! Oh well.  Wishing you all PF/anxiety free days & nights!

alicia
IP Logged
Metalcreature
New Board Newbie
USA 

Gotta love a good Stoudt

Metalownz74@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 4:58pm »

Hello Again Alicia,

I have anxiety in general, and i take xanax when im going through a CH cycle. My body turns against me when im in cycle, and sometimes i get so anxious, i feel like im going to die from it. Then afterwards im exhausted beyond belief. The only thing i can recommend is seeing what a doctor says about your anxiety. My doctor told me a long time ago, that as long as the xanax dont trigger the headaches, then keep taking them. Im sorry i couldnt be of more help to you, but i want to let you know, i know what your going through. I hope you feel better soon Alicia, and im praying for PF days for you!
IP Logged

After the madness is over and the shadows fade...drink up, because your life you now own again.

Joey B (Metalcreature)
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 5:03pm »

Hey Joe,
Thanks, actually funny you should mention the xanax.  That is what I used to take for my anxiety.....but my new neuro guy says no cause it is too addictive.....you know what....if I was gonna be addicted to it, it would have happened by now.  He also gave me NOTHING abortive and I am not to happy about that at all.  I have an appt. with another neuro next week and I think I am gonna keep it just to see what he says......I hate this doctor crap.....I loved my old doc...he dumped me cause he only sees spine pts now Sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss