Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 11:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi to all the clusterheads... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hi to all the clusterheads...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi to all the clusterheads...  (Read 288 times)
Sympatico
New Board Newbie
Canada 

If i have to deal with pain, so be it!

Hi to all the clusterheads...
« on: Aug 4th, 2007, 1:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hiya
First let me introduce myself; diagnosed 3 years ago after getting hits everyday at the same time for a full 30 days dance with the beast...

The neuro got me on Verapamil as soon as diagnosed but a bit too late in the cycle and did get hit with k10 got Imitrex pills to abort but pills are too long to activate and the attacks had the time to reach full blown!

2 years ago still on Verap and Imitrex pills and the beast came through with a vengeance that year full blown attack K10 almost every time...and a bad experience with only 1 Imitrex pills made me start to look at other means to get rid of that dawm beast...

Last year starts Verap at the first signs of the coming back of the beast but attacks founded me hiding in my closet...I heard that Kudzu was helping a lot of CH so i decided to try that natural thing to see if it would  do me good...To my surprise the effect were pretty similar to those of the Verap but with the fact that this product was broken the established patter of the past years...Instead of getting hit 5-6 times of week i got down to maybe 4 times every 2 weeks, but without the K10 force of the older maybe Kip7-8 that were broken with Zomig nasal spray (my new friend)! Got prescribed O2 but did not need it...

Since i'm only periodic and not chronic i was able to find out that the cycle starts every year at the same date august 5th...  

It's tomorrow! I started my (2x) 613Mg of Kudzu 3 times a day since a week and i have 2 pumps of Zomig waiting just in case because you don't want to face the beast without any kind of defense!  

I'm ready to face my destiny, even if it means having to deal with this dawm pain that no one excepts all of you understand!  

Keep all your heads up CH people hopefuly we don't die of this condition...I know sometimes you would wish to be dead but it will all come to a end at one point and that day you'll be proud of what you have accomplished!

Lots of PF days to all of my CH Familly!

P.S. I'm maybe new on this board but i was on the OUCH Canada board since a while when i discover that the site went down...
IP Logged
luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: Hi to all the clusterheads...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 1:29pm »

Hi and welcome from a fellow Newbie...hope you don't get hit to hard on the 5th....sending you some PF wishes
The people here are really wonderful and truly make you feel so welcome like you are part of the family from the get go....I feel so blessed to have found this place and I am sure you will too.

Smiley
alicia
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 1:41pm »

exactly the fifth?
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Sympatico
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 1:50pm »

sayyes
Exactly, for the 2 past years i've been starting getting hits the 5th of august... So can i tell you this year i started my Kudzu a week before, let's see what will happen!
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 3:39pm »

Welcome aboard Sympatico!!

Glad you are here and it looks like you have the right attitude!! You are ready to fight the beast!!!

I really hope the beast forgets about you this year  Wink

and it will not wake up of his merciful dream... at least just for this year...

if not..we are here  for ya  Cheesy

Pain free wishes your way!!!

Rosy.

IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #5 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 9:19pm »

Hey, welcome to the fray.  

I was surprised when mine was within a week, except for 4 years skipped.  I'm a Springtime guy.  I finally found a neuro who understood, and we plan to meet and prepare next year.  How weird is this thing we've got.

I'm going to have to read up some more on kudzu.  I suggest you do the same with oxygen if you are looking for an abortive.  It would be awesome if you didn't need to do so.

PF days to you!
IP Logged

Jon
Sympatico
New Board Newbie
Canada 

« Reply #6 on: Aug 5th, 2007, 10:40am »

Thanks for all your support,

It always feels good to know some other people suffer from the same problem!

We're the 5th and up to date the beast is still hiding somewhere in my head. Like always my pre-symptom is the same; a kind of behind the neck pain that i've been noticing since about a week! Ordinary when i feel that kind of tingling in my neck the beast is not that far... The Kudzu is still holding on but the side effect this year are a bit more tough on me!

Let me explain; ordinary i train 4 days a week in the gym because 10 years ago i was diagnosed with anxiety and the workout helps me a lot with this condition. But when the beast is coming back and i start the preventive (Kudzu or Verap) my fatigue level is getting so high that i can't go to the gym because i'm too tired to do so!

One of the thing i don't like about this condition is that my body seems to stop working properly for the time that i'm in a cycle! By chance i only get in cycle once a year and it's at fall! Let's hope this year won't be as hard as last year when i lost about 20 pounds in 4 weeks...All because of the medication that make me feel like a bus ran over me!  

One thing is very good my sleep pattern has not been affected yet so can i tell you i try to sleep the more i can! Ordinary all of the hits occurs at night or during the night so for now if i can sleep well i do it!

Thanks all!

IP Logged
Putter
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Nvr fully dressed w/o a smile!

« Reply #7 on: Aug 5th, 2007, 11:06am »

Welcome Sympatico, from a fellow Cdn. I am in Ontario. I have been a CH sufferer for 15 years, but episodic, and waiting for this cycle to end (please let it end...)  Your pattern sounds very percise. I wish I could predict mine.  It typically comes on every 18 months or so but having a couple of kids over the last 3 years has thrown it off.
There is lots of interesting reading on this site.  See you around the board!

Leanne
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss