Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 10:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thanks to this wonderful site »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Thanks to this wonderful site
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks to this wonderful site  (Read 260 times)
mhadley
New Board Newbie

Email

Thanks to this wonderful site
« on: Aug 8th, 2007, 2:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi--I'm mostly a lurker.  I come often just to remind myself I'm not alone.  I'm a 15+ year sufferer of CH.

I know praise is heaped on this site repeatedly, but it can't be enough.  You'd be hard pressed to find a more inviting, comforting, helpful board on the web.

This site also reminds me how lucky I've been, which I would only say to a fellow CH sufferer.  Even in the worst cycle I was getting the headaches only once per day.  I have found a good neurologist after many attempts, I respond fantastic to Verapamil (720 mg, slow release) and Imitrex.  In the past 3 years, I've had virtually no CHs unless I don't take my Verapamil.  And a shot of Imitrex has only failed to abort the CH a handful of times.  Although O2 does work somewhat for me, I've eliminated the need for it.

Anyway, thanks to all those who make this board a lifesaver for so many.
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

Re: Thanks to this wonderful site
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2007, 6:24pm »

It is good to hear you are doing ok and you have the right meds to keep the beast away.

Don't be a stranger and hang with us , there may be others who will need a word of support from you.

Pain free wishes for you.  Smiley

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2007, 11:16pm »

Hi Mhadly,

I'm the exact same way for the most part if I stay religious with my Varap I stay clean for the most part that is.I still get some break through CHs,nothing a quick jab can't handle,if I catch it early enough a Monster will do the trick.

Dave
IP Logged
Metalcreature
New Board Newbie
USA 

Gotta love a good Stoudt

Metalownz74@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 11:55pm »

Welcome MHadley, Im fairly new to the site also, after being a lurker of the site for two years, and did it for the same reason you did, to remind myself i wasnt alone. I finally decided to join when i went into cycle in the beginning of July. Ive been a sufferer for 10 years now, and when i joined i couldnt believe the response i got from these great people. Stick around, because they know their stuff when it comes to these headaches.

I wish you pain free days, and nights my friend.
IP Logged

After the madness is over and the shadows fade...drink up, because your life you now own again.

Joey B (Metalcreature)
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12th, 2007, 2:52am »

Hang around, we need all the folks we can get to row this CH boat.

Welcome home.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss