Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 12:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « in cycle »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   in cycle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: in cycle  (Read 250 times)
buhrly
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

in cycle
« on: Aug 10th, 2007, 6:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

well after five sweet years pain free i got hit, almost had for got how much these things hurt, damn. just got done with the predisone taper, taking depakote, veripmil, and imitrex for breakfast lunch and dinner. oh and the sweet green tank!one of my triggers is corn or cane sugar, so trying to readjust my diet. going to miss pie and candy for awhile. fructose sugar seems ok though. thanks for this site and all the info and support. this is where i got the depakote and veripmil combo that worked so well last time. thanks again
IP Logged
buhrly
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: in cycle
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2007, 7:32pm »

i guess i did have a ? too. ive seen that some are using caffine at the onset of a headache. does this work. ive always avoided it. but ive never chugged a red bull at the start either, thanks
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 12:58am »

Hi buhrly. Welcome. Caffeine (and energy drinks that contain caffeine and taurine) work on clusters because they are vasoconstrictors. Our clusters are caused by blood vessels that swell up to 20X their normal size.  
Keep reading, we've come up with a lot of helpful hints and info.
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Josh W
New Board Newbie
USA 

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 5:00pm »

Sorry to hear that you are back in cycle.   I found this site last november and heard about red bull helping at onset of a hit.  I was very amazed at how well it works.  Does not work everytime, but any is good enough for me.  I hope that you get the same results as I do.  Take care and PF wishes go out to you.
IP Logged
Metalcreature
New Board Newbie
USA 

Gotta love a good Stoudt

Metalownz74@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 11:36pm »

on Aug 11th, 2007, 12:58am, nani wrote:
Hi buhrly. Welcome. Caffeine (and energy drinks that contain caffeine and taurine) work on clusters because they are vasoconstrictors. Our clusters are caused by blood vessels that swell up to 20X their normal size.  
Keep reading, we've come up with a lot of helpful hints and info.
pain free wishes, nani

wow, you learn something new every day!
IP Logged

After the madness is over and the shadows fade...drink up, because your life you now own again.

Joey B (Metalcreature)
Metalcreature
New Board Newbie
USA 

Gotta love a good Stoudt

Metalownz74@yahoo.com  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 11:40pm »

on Aug 10th, 2007, 6:03pm, buhrly wrote:
well after five sweet years pain free i got hit, almost had for got how much these things hurt, damn. just got done with the predisone taper, taking depakote, veripmil, and imitrex for breakfast lunch and dinner. oh and the sweet green tank!one of my triggers is corn or cane sugar, so trying to readjust my diet. going to miss pie and candy for awhile. fructose sugar seems ok though. thanks for this site and all the info and support. this is where i got the depakote and veripmil combo that worked so well last time. thanks again

It may not work for you, but i found that Arizona iced tea works really good in that it cuts my cluster HA in half. So in other words, instead of getting them every day, i get them every other day. Try it, and let me know if it works for you. Just buy regular Arizona iced tea.  

I hope you get some relief from the beast soon my friend.  
IP Logged

After the madness is over and the shadows fade...drink up, because your life you now own again.

Joey B (Metalcreature)
rolo65

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 11:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Got oxygen? It's better than stimulants by far. Rolo
IP Logged
buhrly
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12th, 2007, 6:31pm »

thanks for the replies, the red bulls are helping and easier to pack around then an 02 tank Smiley, wonder if rock stars would work they have those at costco by the case. im pretty sensitive to caffine so ive been keeping a good buzz going, but when your scared to go sleep that isnt a bad thing. Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss