Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 12:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I am back after 1 year »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I am back after 1 year
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I am back after 1 year  (Read 203 times)
Garrickfish
New Board Newbie
USA 

total recall

I am back after 1 year
« on: Aug 20th, 2007, 10:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I kind of feel bad, not just because of the pain I am feeling but because I only come to site when my cycle hits.  
Its has been just over one year since I last had the Devil. Before that it was two years and before that it was three years. So I hope this is not a prelude to being chronic.
I know what I am in for. Atleast three weeks and twice a day of pure hell. I will load the fridge with redbulls and call in my prescirption for O2.  
I do want to say thank you to all of you.  Even though I only come here when I need you.....you are always here.
Wish me luck..... Garrick
IP Logged
Ray
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ray and Shade

raymond759  
WWW Email

Re: I am back after 1 year
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2007, 12:51am »

Welcome back, although I'm sorry that it's for the painful reason.  We're like family, you're welcome here when you can and do make your appearance.

Ray
IP Logged

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum
*While we have the time, let us do good*

http://www.myspace.com/rayplace
http://www.shadesgarden.com
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2007, 1:32am »

Welcome back.  I remember you--but partly because of your icon, I'm afraid.   Wink  

Sorry to hear you're going through this again.  I doubt that you have to worry about becoming chronic at this point--you're a long way from chronic.  I've always been episodic, but cycled twice a year for twenty years.  My impression is that you're a fairly young man, and you can probably expect the thing to do some unexpected and unpleasant things for a while.  

After that bit of bad news, (sorry), I have to add that worrying about becoming chronic only lets the beast chew on you when you're out of cycle, as well as in cycle.  Enjoy your painfree times, and try not to worry about the future.  The future does not yet exist.  You could just as easily never have an attack again.  One day at a time, one hit at a time.  It's the only way forward.

I like to encourage episodics to hang around when they're out of cycle.  You can do a lot of good, and help a lot of people.  I understand the desire to put a cycle behind you.  I also understand that there's the occasional, irrational thought that talking about them will only bring them on.  

It's not true.  They happen, or don't happen.  Damn beast seems to have a mind of his own, but I don't think he can read.  

Again, welcome back, and best wishes,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21st, 2007, 7:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 20th, 2007, 10:32pm, Garrickfish wrote:
I kind of feel bad, not just because of the pain I am feeling but because I only come to site when my cycle hits.  
I do want to say thank you to all of you.  Even though I only come here when I need you.....you are always here.
Wish me luck..... Garrick

« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2007, 7:31am by chewy » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss