Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 9:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello All »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello All
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello All  (Read 357 times)
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

Hello All
« on: Aug 21st, 2007, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm Tyler I have been having headaches for years after I cracked my skull I'm new here and Hope to make friends and hopefully find a better way to deal with these headaches have been to 2 hospitals and the walk in clinic many xrays and have gone through 2 bottles of asprin and a few bottles of bawls in the last 3-4 weeks......I remember in 2002 it was so bad I could not sleep for just over 30 days an intense pain the entire time and when it finaly stoped I fell asleep on the couch.......

« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2007, 5:18am by MvT » IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:05am »

Hello Tyler!

Have you been diagnosed with CH?

you can fill out the quiz to your left to see if you may be suffering from CH. You can find a lot more information about CH in O.U.C.H.
There are a lot of different types of headaches but having the right diagnosis will make easier for your Doctor to give you the right treatment.

Hoping you don't have CH but if you do you are not alone.

pain free wishes for you.

Rosy.

IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:24am »

on Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:05am, Rosybabe wrote:
Hello Tyler!

Have you been diagnosed with CH?

you can fill out the quiz to your left to see if you may be suffering from CH. You can find a lot more information about CH in O.U.C.H.
There are a lot of different types of headaches but having the right diagnosis will make easier for your Doctor to give you the right treatment.

Hoping you don't have CH but if you do you are not alone.

pain free wishes for you.

Rosy.

I took the quiz and read a few different websites  
but the last doctor seemed to agree it was ch
gave me something via Iv and it seemed to help a little
it was uncompfortable having the iv in me for 2 hours.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache
http://www.ouch-us.org/chinfo1.htm
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/traits.html

Thanks rosy

If anyone here needs computer help just ask keeps me busy
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2007, 6:03am by MvT » IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 1:04am »

Quote:
I have been having headaches for years after I cracked my skull I'm new here and Hope to make friends and hopefully find a better way to deal with these headaches have been to 2 hospitals the doctor the walk in clinic many xrays and have gone through 2 bottles of asprin and a few bottles of bawls in the last 3-4 weeks...

Are you saying that you have these HA's after cracking your skull?

Save your liver and stop taking the aspirin.   They will do no good if you have CH

What are Bawls?

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 1:21am »

on Aug 22nd, 2007, 1:04am, Linda_Howell wrote:

Are you saying that you have these HA's after cracking your skull?

Save your liver and stop taking the aspirin.   They will do no good if you have CH

What are Bawls?

Linda

www.bawls.com bawls guarana is a high caffein drink I have stoped taking aspirin and it normally helps.... cracking my skull was a long time ago but I'm sure that has something to do with this......

Check the store locator

"Red Bull/Energy Drinks

Some sufferers have reported that drinking a "Red Bull" or other "Energy Drink" will sometimes abort an attack when taken at the first hint of the attack or will kill a shadow.  It is believed that the substances Taurine, Inositol and Caffeine in the drinks are responsible for this effect.  "

http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/nonmed.htm

"What is Guarana?
Guarana (Paullina Cupana) is nut-like seed of a climbing vine that grows in the Amazon basin in Brazil just south of the equator. Guarana has been used for centuries by the indigenous people of this area as natural energy supplement and today over 25% of the soft drinks on the market in Brazil contain Guarana as a main ingredient.

In the United States Guarana holds a GRAS-status (Generally Regarded As Safe). However, as with any other form of caffeine, individuals with heart problems or high blood-pressure should use caution when consuming large quantities of Guarana. The recommended daily dose of caffeine is 35 mg., but keep in mind that most coffees and teas can contain anywhere from 2 to 5 times this amount. So, BAWLS® Guarana, with its 80mg/12 oz., has no more caffeine than a cup of coffee.

What is Guarana used for?
Guarana is used as a natural aid to increase performance, be it physical or mental. Guarana is also said to help after strenuous exercise by cleansing the body of lactic acid buildup and thus bringing energy levels back to normal. Keep in mind that Guarana, as any caffeine, is a natural diuretic, and you should not drink Guarana in liquid form (such as BAWLS® Guarana) as a substitute for water, but rather as a pre- or post-work out supplement."
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2007, 5:25am by MvT » IP Logged

Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:31am »

Welcome.  You have a lot of reading to do.  Check out all the information in the left buttons, and don't hesitate to ask questions when they come up.  

I really doubt cracking the skull had anything to do with it, as most of us have not had head trauma in the past.  I DO understand though the interest in trying to find SOME reason to blame this stuff on.  As you read more you will find that it is neurological in nature and comes from the hypothalmus.  

Red Bull works for me also if I am able to get it soon enough and if I drink it down without pause.  Be sure to check out the Oxygen button.  Many of us have gotten relief from it, and it is relatively inexpensive and safe.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 7:50pm »

on Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:31am, Callico wrote:
Welcome.  You have a lot of reading to do.  Check out all the information in the left buttons, and don't hesitate to ask questions when they come up.  

I really doubt cracking the skull had anything to do with it, as most of us have not had head trauma in the past.  I DO understand though the interest in trying to find SOME reason to blame this stuff on.  As you read more you will find that it is neurological in nature and comes from the hypothalmus.  

Red Bull works for me also if I am able to get it soon enough and if I drink it down without pause.  Be sure to check out the Oxygen button.  Many of us have gotten relief from it, and it is relatively inexpensive and safe.

Jerry

I'm not a big fan of red bull but I have had that and sobe jolt and others my fav is bawls...thanks for the welcome and all the information everyone
IP Logged

MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #7 on: Aug 23rd, 2007, 2:06am »

I'm in so much pain right now its my 4th night with no sleep The hospital gave me painkillers that worked for about 5 mins after an almost 6 hour stay.....this is the worst attack yet......
IP Logged

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23rd, 2007, 2:39am »

on Aug 21st, 2007, 10:14pm, MvT wrote:
I'm Tyler I have been having headaches for years after I cracked my skull  

I often wondered if head trauma could have something to do with CH.

When I was in second grade I was pushed into a brick garage I hit my right temple(the same side of my Chs) and was knocked unconscious for 7 min.I had a concussion.

I didn't start getting CHs for 7 years after that but sometimes I wonder if that could have something to do with my CHs.I guess I will never know for sure.But it is something to ponder.

Well anyway welcome home and good luck with finding something that works for you.

Also I noticed that you have not tried a preventative that is something you should look into.Talk to your doctor about trying some preventatives.I take Varapamil,but there are many others that you could try.Ask your doc.

Dave

IP Logged
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23rd, 2007, 5:45am »

on Aug 23rd, 2007, 2:39am, MR_FLOOR wrote:

I often wondered if head trauma could have something to do with CH.

When I was in second grade I was pushed into a brick garage I hit my right temple(the same side of my Chs) and was knocked unconscious for 7 min.I had a concussion.

I didn't start getting CHs for 7 years after that but sometimes I wonder if that could have something to do with my CHs.I guess I will never know for sure.But it is something to ponder.

Well anyway welcome home and good luck with finding something that works for you.

Also I noticed that you have not tried a preventative that is something you should look into.Talk to your doctor about trying some preventatives.I take Varapamil,but there are many others that you could try.Ask your doc.

Dave

well I am trying to get rid of it first before I try to prevent it I have been to the Hospital 4 times this week
the last 2 times I have gone things seemed to get worse...
IP Logged

DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 23rd, 2007, 7:28am »

I'm sorry you're getting hit to hard right now.  The purpose of a preventive is to hopefully prevent you from getting hit at all.  While this isn't always successful, most folks will find a combination that will at least reduce the number and severity of HAs.

Read, read, read and then read some more  Wink

Did they give you O2 at the hospital?  100% O2 @ 12-15lpm should at least take the pain down a couple of ticks if not get rid of it entirely.  

What meds did they give you?  If it was a narcotic, they only increase the pain from what I understand.  I've never taken one to abort a HA so I can't speak from experience on that point.

I hope you find something that works for you soon.  Wishing you PFDAN.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #11 on: Aug 23rd, 2007, 8:01am »

on Aug 23rd, 2007, 7:28am, DennisM1045 wrote:
I'm sorry you're getting hit to hard right now.  The purpose of a preventive is to hopefully prevent you from getting hit at all.  While this isn't always successful, most folks will find a combination that will at least reduce the number and severity of HAs.

Read, read, read and then read some more  Wink

Did they give you O2 at the hospital?  100% O2 @ 12-15lpm should at least take the pain down a couple of ticks if not get rid of it entirely.  

What meds did they give you?  If it was a narcotic, they only increase the pain from what I understand.  I've never taken one to abort a HA so I can't speak from experience on that point.

I hope you find something that works for you soon.  Wishing you PFDAN.

-Dennis-

I really don't know what they gave me I'm in so much pain I'm willing to try almost anything.....2 different medications from an iv and yesterday painkillers and something for my sinus even tho I my nose was runny for less than a min and only after the iv.....
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2007, 8:09am by MvT » IP Logged

luveemom
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:07am »

Sorry you are hurtin'.......There is some literature out there suggesting that there may be a link with past head trauma and CH.  I fractured my skull when I was 8 yrs. old.  It is something to think about.....We were talking about it on another board the other day.....PF wishes....and welcome.

Alicia
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss