Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 6:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « NEW HERE »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   NEW HERE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NEW HERE  (Read 199 times)
Canes93
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

NEW HERE
« on: Aug 29th, 2007, 12:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Found this site about 2 years ago during one of my attacks, have been having headaches for about 10 years, since my late 20's.  My headaches feel like a brain freeze that last 2 hours and then its gone, untill the next night.  Cluster last about 1-2 months and then goes away for 1-2 years.  right now I am into week 2 of cycle and need to stop the pain with out narcotics.  they don't work anyways.

I need a new treatment.  Imitrex does not seem to be working.  How does someone get the o2?  Predizone seems to work a little, but once I run through the package, they start again.  Does anyone know about the intranasal lidocaine?  what about melatonin? I need direction.  Thanks for any help.

IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

Re: NEW HERE
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 12:53pm »

Melatonin is good to take at night, about two hours before bed, anywhere from 3-12mgs is the normal dose.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: NEW HERE
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 2:08pm »

Quote:
narcotics.  they don't work anyways.

NO...they do not.

To get 02 you will need a prescription from your Dr.

Make sure he/she specifies you will need a regulator that goes to 15 lpm, with a non-rebreather mask.  Most of us use what is called an E-tank.  Take the prescription in to any medical supply place like "Lincare" or "Apria" which are nationwide and you should be all set. 02 works as an abortive for more than 70% of us. Usually with-in mins. so in my opinion it is the best, cheapest, and safest.

Drinking Red Bull or any of the new  energy drinks with caffeine as well as Taurine, helps  abort also.  

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss