Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 7:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Here »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Here
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Here  (Read 370 times)
mumtoakl

Email

New Here
« on: Aug 1st, 2007, 2:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, I'm Heather and I just joined. My doctor thinks I'm having cluster headaches and I had a CT this morning so I guess I'll know soon. My symptoms are these. I get headaches all over once in awhile. It's normal as I have 3 kids and a husband LOL but for about the last 8 months, I've been having headaches that come and go all day on my left side of my head. When they happen, they feel as if someone just stuck a knife in my head. When they are really bad, I get a little nauseous and I feel like I'm in a fog. I dropped a two by four on my head about 3 weeks ago (long story) and since then they've increased slightly. It doesn't matter what I'm doing when they decide to show up either. I'm taking vicodin for another condition and only about 10 times a month and only at night but I can still have the headaches through the vicodin. My main questions are about treatment. I keep seeing imitrex as an option but approximately what does this cost and are there cheaper alternatives? I do not have insurance so this would be all out of pocket. Thanks for reading if you got this far.
IP Logged
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 4:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Mum,

Try energy drinks for abortive,Rudbull,Monster,ect.............They work real good with not allot of side effects.It's tough without insurance.

First off you need to get the for sure diagnoses to see if indeed you have CHs.Then you need to get some kind of prevent meds,there are allot of different ones you will have to see what works for you.Second stop the narcodics for me they act as a trigger and even of they don't they take to long to work for CH anyway.Third if you do have CH ask for o2 this works for about 80% of all CH sufferers use the o2 tips in the left hand column to learn how to use it properly.And fourth and most important read there is much you can learn from this site and allot of very informative people that can help you.

Welcome to your new family.Good luck and keep us posted.

Dave
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 10:31am »

I hope you don't have CH, it sucks, from what you've told us it's certainly a posibilitiy....bummer....but if it turns out you do, you've found a new second home!!!!!

Take the cluster quiz on the left, under the yellow tag "new visitors", and share the results with youtr doctor. Also, start keeping a headache diary. Read the KIP scale, also on the left side.....in your diary keep track of when they start, how fast they ramp up the kip scale, how high they go, how long they stay at their max, and how fast they leave.

The diagnosis for CH has a lot to do with eliminating everything else!!!!! Keep some energy drinks on hand, look for the ones containing caffeine and taurine, when you feel a headache start, slam one down as fast as you can chug it....think beer bong races in college....that'll abort an attack for many.

Like Floor said, avoid the narcotic meds, a trigger for many and if it is CH, the narcotics are worthless against it. Other common triggers to avoid are alcohol, sleep disruptions and stress. Now stress is the tricky one cuz for some being put under stress is a trigger, for others they get hit as soon as they relax, again...the headache diary!!!

Stick with us, if it's CH you won't find a more knowledgeable and loving group of people.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 2:18pm »

HI Mum!

Welcome aboard!!

Whatever the guys have already told you is right. You need to find out first if it is indeed CH what you have and if it is...you just found your second home  Grin

here you will find lots of info but above all, lots and lots of love and a shoulder to cry on..

I really hope you don't have CH but if you do, we are here for you.

Please let us know what your diagnosis is , we want to know how you are doing.

Pain free wishes for you!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28th, 2007, 10:46pm »

Hi Heather,

I'm just wondering why you post and then never check for the responses.Just wondering.  Huh

Dave
IP Logged
mumtoakl

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 1:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've found out that I don't have cluster headaches at this time. Thanks for all the advice.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2007, 1:00am by mumtoakl » IP Logged
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 1:04am »

Now that is good news.I'm glad to hear it.

Dave
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 8:13pm »

Unfortunately, finding out you don't have CH after the results of an MRI or CAT scan can be less than good news.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Heather.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss