Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 8:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « In between dreams »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   In between dreams
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: In between dreams  (Read 284 times)
Omer
New Board Newbie
Israel 

I little pride, so we won't have to borrow

Email

In between dreams
« on: Sep 21st, 2007, 8:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there to you all...
Coming back from my short vacation to hell... that's what I get for my first vacation in three years, made me wish for something else... something better.
I've interduced myself a couple of days ago, but for those who never saw it... My name is Omer 25yo from Tel Aviv, israel.
I think the right way to start my first real post is by saying, I'm not sure that I suffer from CH, allthough visiting a hugh amount of doctors, went through Pain clinic, alternative tretment,  psychiatrist, saying they either have no idea or gave tretment which were offcourse or even said "I can make the pain go away" (PC), no one helped untill I met a speciallized neurologist (the head of headach Organization in Israel), who said I have CH.
So... the Q is why I'm not sure I even have CH? the answer is complicated but I'll give it a shot:
from researchs that I read, I can find almost all the symptoms however there are somethings which seems different. My CH have an aura, it comes in a form of anesthetizing feeling that I have right after the nastral blockage in my upper jaw on the attacked side, besides that, it all seems to have a match, a build up pressure from my jaw to the chick to the eye (where's the top of the pain comes), but then again the released pressure come in an odd way, I hear a  whistle from the blocked nasal, and then it seems like all the blood comes back to the face. in Xray that I've made in an attack there is a lot of saliva in the cavitys, however not sinusite inflamation. (once the whistle comes the saliva disapper).  
The most critical different that I can find is the timing! for me it does come in cycles, it does wake me up in the middle of the night sometimes, however it seems to be different then what I've read, while in a circle I tend to have more attaks but they don't come eveyday, nor at the same time of day, it even comes without a cycle, just once and gone.
what do you think?
I've been asked to share about types of treatment I've been offered:
**by the Painclinic - epidoral lidocaine injuctions (1 in a week for 10 weeks)
**by a Hemeoapatic neurolagist - chelidouium 40 mg R16 & R42 - something that effect the liver function  
** by a specialized neurolagist - a coktail includ: cofergot + Ikapress 240mg + Depalept 500mg (this treatment is ment to avoid a cycle).(He also asked me in a cycle in order to get Imitrex injuctions - however geting Somatidrex in one of my visits to the ER, the effect was realease of pressure + tensed musceles including the breathing ones, so I've been ordered not to take any drug with in the family).
I need to mentioned that I don't take any of them, first because the clusters are not typical, and second because I'm not a drug lover. for the meantime if I get it at the aura time a Redbull or XL is doing great things, if not... well Jumping out of the window seems a good solutions from time to time.
The next thing that I'm about to try is the O2, hoping...
for conclusion, I wish you wounder what is my headline got to do about it all... in my "Vacation" I got the disc by Jack Johnson calling In between dreams... Ironic ain't it.
May you all be in that sentence.
Thank you all for being here, and sorry for misspelling and the longest letter ever,
yours truly,
Omer
IP Logged

What if I told you that it's the best it can get?!?
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: In between dreams
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 8:24pm »

on Sep 21st, 2007, 8:06pm, Omer wrote:
The next thing that I'm about to try is the O2, hoping...

Now there's a good idea.  The link on the left will tell you heaps about it and it's an absolute godsend to many CHeads.

As to symptoms not being exactly as described, rest assured that no two of us are the same and even individual cycles differ from time to time.  That said, an accurate diagnosis remains very important firstly to rule out other, perhaps more serious conditions and secondly because you'll otherwise be wasting your money on poisons.

Best of luck and keep asking questions.  We'll help any way we can.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

Re: In between dreams
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 7:21am »

Hi Omar,

I agree I personally never heard anybody else say that they had auras,but right before I get hit I feel a little lite headed I'm not sure I would call it an aura but like Brian said we are all different and we all react different,so it don't necessarily mean you do or don't have CH.Have you had an MRI to rule out any other possible causes for your headaches .I know you mentioned something about an X-ray,but I didn't quite understand what you meant.

I would do what Brian said and try the o2 also have you tried any energy drinks (red bull,Monster,ect....)It they are CH those mite work.

Keep us posted and good luck to ya.

Dave
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss