Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 8:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So Tired »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So Tired
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So Tired  (Read 408 times)
thanksdad
New Board Newbie
USA 

So Tired
« on: Sep 20th, 2007, 6:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It gets like this after a while. This is the first time I have have been in a state of nearly constant headache. Usually I can count on one real good one and then some relief. Its been months now and I seem to stay at about a 4 or 5 in and out. I am just trying to continue living.  

Nothing works. I look like a 33 year old stroke victim. My speach gets slurred... anyone else? I am depressed and so sick of this. My poor husband thinks I have a brain tumor.  

When I joined, a few months ago I was so mad at my dad because I got these from him. Now I look back at his life and realize what he was dealing with. I know it seems shallow but I am a beautiful woman and I would hate to age as quickly as he did.  

I have gained weight and I am miserable. I cant work out and I eat when I am depressed. I cant read good books any more and I just skim through the paper.  

I have dreams of getting my right eye shot out. At least I am not alone. I have had ch for about 7 years. I thought I was strong and got used to them but I was just pain free for a while. This is the longest I have had them and it scares me.  

thanks for being here all. I think this is my first post and I just needed to vent.  

IP Logged

me
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

Re: So Tired
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 7:39pm »

Welcome aboard!!!

sorry to hear you have to deal with Ch but you are in the right place...

you can vent all you want...we can deal with it  Wink

what are you taking? tell us a little about your meds, etc...

Wishing you lots and lots of pain free time!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 9:27pm »

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are getting hit like this.  It is very difficult when we think we are coping the beast morphs.  I too got my CH from my Dad.  It's not common but it does happen.  Sorry for our shared bad luck too.

Anyway, give an idea of what you have been using and we'll see if we can't get you sorted out and beautiful again.

Welcome.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
scootman
New Board Newbie
USA 

father of 3, teacher of many....

clark_e_smith  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 10:33pm »

I feel really badly for you and at the same time understand how you feel. Funnily enough, I sometimes tease my wife and tell her that I have a brain tumor. I know it's not something to joke about but if we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at?

I hope that there is some way you can find some relief. Having one for that amount of time can really wear a person down, I know, I have been there and am getting there now even though I have only been in this cycle since Saturday. I am pretty miserable right now but not in a terrible amount of pain, just a terrible nagging that won't go away.  

I sometimes go for days without eating which I imagine a lot of people do when in a lot of pain and that can affect how you feel and look. Even if you can't eat try taking vitamins and make sure you stay hydrated enough. These few things can help you get through this. I will be praying for you.
IP Logged

Clark Smith
SamR
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20th, 2007, 11:22pm »

You don't have to grow old quickly, unless you let these headaches own you.

Think of this situation as your opportunity to greatly appreciate your life and the love around you.

You can develop character and great strength from these horrible headaches, but it must be done by accepting them.  The more you make them the enemy, the weaker it makes you.  Don't be a victim!  Own these bastards and you will laugh at other challenges in life you once feared.

I know this sounds hoaky, but it's all true.  Writing this helps me remember to stay focused.  Read Pema Chodron.  Own the beast...
IP Logged

Hell is bad, but the beast is a motherf------!
Saffy
New Board Junior
Wales 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 5:11am »

Oh dear I recognise myself and some of my own feelings in your letter and my heart goes out to you.  

You have come to the right place here, I have found people who care and even sometimes have the answers I need they are a lovely lot and understand what you are going through better than anyone else can.

I too have found myself putting on weight when it is really bad because I am too tired to do much and then having a few "better weeks" and fighting to lose it but I have recently realised I have become yo yo dieter and thats no good either is it!

Hope things improve for you soon.

Saffy  Smiley

P.S. My speech slurs when I have a bad one too.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2007, 4:25pm by Saffy » IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup! PARABELLUM

orangemod260500  

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 7:55pm »

Thanksdad...if you are eating because of depression, that is something that is common for many people. I cannot help with the depression, but I can help with the over-eating problem in a few ways. If you need any help with that, feel free to p.m. me.

Regards, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others!!
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 8:23pm »

on Sep 20th, 2007, 11:22pm, SamR wrote:

I know this sounds hoaky, but it's all true.

No dude, its the damn straight forward truth!

Im living proof, 31 years chronic and they then they just went away.......I didnt last this long by giving in!

I lasted this long by fighting and learning how to manage the pain......it can be done if I did it!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

thanksdad
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:49pm »

on Sep 21st, 2007, 7:55pm, assaultme wrote:
Thanksdad...if you are eating because of depression, that is something that is common for many people. I cannot help with the depression, but I can help with the over-eating problem in a few ways. If you need any help with that, feel free to p.m. me.

Regards, Dave

hey dave! i havent figured out how to do that Tongue
IP Logged

me
michael
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #9 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 4:39pm »

Hi thanksdad.

Click on the persons name that you want to pm.

When their details come up, scroll down and click on `Send this person a private message'

PF wishes

Mike
IP Logged
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #10 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 8:17pm »

Hi thanksdad,

I totally understand the hopeless feeling you get with these things.  I really want to suggest you seeking help for the depression that goes along with clusters.  There are medications that can help, good antidepressants.  I wouldn't want to see you do something drastic when getting help with the depression can then help give you some ammo in dealing with the beast.

Are you seeing a neuro?  If not, get in to see one as soon as possible.  You can check out the cluster sufferer recommended doctors here: http://www.ouch-us.org/chgeneral/doctors.htm

Good luck & happier days ahead for you...
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
thanksdad
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:20pm »

You are all so great. I just started topomax the day before yesterday. I am using it with imitrex. Today my gp gave me a shot of morpine to try and break the cycle. yesterday it was a shot of something else that was non-narcotic. I do take thyroid meds and celexa for the depression. Its a whole hell of a mess if you ask me and I am tired of it. How do you all feel about dhe? my dad swears by it. I am a mom, wife, and commercial property manager. Holding it all together gets so tough when I am in a chronic cycle. I believe its so bad because of our weird weather patterns here in california right now. Also, I tried again to quit smoking, everytime I try I get a few months under my belt and then bam the worst ch ever!

thanks to all of you, sheila
IP Logged

me
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 12:55pm »

on Sep 21st, 2007, 8:23pm, Jonny wrote:

No dude, its the damn straight forward truth!

Im living proof, 31 years chronic and they then they just went away.......I didnt last this long by giving in!

I lasted this long by fighting and learning how to manage the pain......it can be done if I did it!

I'm not a chronic--but I'm an episodic for better than 40 years now.  

Jonny's point about learning to manage the pain is important.  It's key to living with this thing.  Think of it this way--CH is not an affliction that attacks you from outside, like a communicable disease, it's simply a part of what you are.  Most people don't have this battle to fight, but you do.  That's simply the way it is.  

There is probably no way to root out the cause of your attacks--that is most likely a structural anomaly that cannot be changed.  It exists, that's all.

So--what will you do about it?  It's up to you.  You can give up in despair, or you can fight back.  

Doctors can help with the symptoms to some extent, but to the best of my knowledge, they can't make it go away.  Finding a good physician as your ally in your personal battle with the beast is important.  Learning all you can about the condition and taking responsibility for your own treatment will help even more.  And finally, when you learn to minimize the effects that an attack has on you, you will cease to become a "victim" of CH.  

You're a clusterhead.  You didn't choose it--it chose you.  You can't change that.  What you can change is the way you react to an attack or a cycle.  That's the difference between a victim and a warrior.  In fact, when your pain is juxtaposed against your painfree times, it can make all the rest of it seem more intense, more vivid, and sweeter than it would otherwise be.    

One hit at a time, one cycle at a time.  When it's over, it's over.  

Get hit--live anyway.

My very best wishes to you,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss