Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 8:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So Angry »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So Angry
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So Angry  (Read 259 times)
Mr_Negative
New Board Newbie

Will pain increase our happiness in the afterlife?

Email

So Angry
« on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 2:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,
I've been here many times since I first discovered this site in '99, I used to be in the "where we live" and guest book but I guess I didn't stay current.  I usually just read.  I'm not much of a poster, but I do applaud DJ for his efforts.  The imitrex tip alone was worth it's weight in gold.  I remember the goosebumps and feelings of relief I got when I first found out I wasn't alone.  The first fellow clusterhead I ever met was Barb Henderson.  Barb, I hope you're doing well still.  

I've had clusters since '84.  Many doctors and drugs over the years.  I was so happy when I found Imitrex injections.  Although they've been a mixed blessing and you have to be very careful about your intake, its definitely a great abortive therapy, the only one that ever worked for me.  I worked for an ambulance company for years, and tried oxygen many times, and it just didn't work for me.

I've tried numerous, numerous combinations of drugs trying to find a preventative mixture, and about a year ago I found one that worked.  Verapamil hadn't worked before, but when I started using Amerge along with it, I found it kept the monster at bay.  Lately, I've been trying some other triptans as well out of necessity, and I've found that Frova also works, but not nearly as well (a few breakthroughs).  I take 240 mg. of Verapamil along with a triptan twice a day.  I take Imitrex injections when a breakthrough occurs.

The timing of this discovery was good, because I now seem to have gone chronic.  This latest cycle started in May and shows no signs of letting up.  However, because of the actions of my insurance company I'm about to return to the days of no relief.  Rather than bury this information in this message, I'll write about it in another thread on the main board under the title "United Health Care hates Cluster Headache patients".  

I love that this board is here and salute all of you who put your efforts into helping others.

So very angry.
IP Logged
alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

yup. i am. i do. uh huh. you know it hon.

alienspacelizzie   MzClusterhead
WWW Email

Re: So Angry
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 4:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome back!

I understand being angry....  CH sucks. and yet, I've met some of my closest/best friends here, so in an odd way I'm blessed....

hugs to you. now i'm off to read your other thread.

Lizzie
IP Logged

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss